Retreat From The Global (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Nah RFTG is good if you're not doing Bone People.. awful boring book that

cakes

hi
HSC
Yeah you only need 2 prescribed texts, but make sure your related texts are sophisticated and complex, and you have really interesting things to say about them :)
i loved rftg!

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by jim_green
I disagree. I didn't like it because I couldn't fully grasp the complexities of the novel but really when you understand it and you can link aspects of the book to its context & whatnot it is actually quite interesting. I think from all the texts I did that was my best piece.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Boring stupid book. Part of my big hate is the style, cause its by a poet, and i hate poetry, and thats the style, and yeah. Its annoying.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Originally posted by jim_green
The alternatives aren't much better. BOS needs to rethink the text list for this module - they aren't very appealing at all. (Castle is okay I guess...and appropriate, but everyone's seen it like 20 times!)

Lainee

HSC
Originally posted by CHUDYMASTER
The alternatives aren't much better. BOS needs to rethink the text list for this module - they aren't very appealing at all. (Castle is okay I guess...and appropriate, but everyone's seen it like 20 times!)
I loved most, if not all, the texts! Bone People was excellent, I thought. :p I honestly wouldn't pick up those types of texts for random readings, but now that I was made to read them I really enjoyed them! I also loved Shipping News and Seamus Heaney is one of my fav poets after reading his stuff. :p The Castle was entertaining, hard to analyse though cause its so easy to simplify it. Heheh, I'm really in the minority here aren't I? :D

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Originally posted by Lainee
I loved most, if not all, the texts! Bone People was excellent, I thought. :p I honestly wouldn't pick up those types of texts for random readings, but now that I was made to read them I really enjoyed them! I also loved Shipping News and Seamus Heaney is one of my fav poets after reading his stuff. :p The Castle was entertaining, hard to analyse though cause its so easy to simplify it. Heheh, I'm really in the minority here aren't I? :D
Yes you are. I hated learning Irish history. To me, Irish should just settle down and shut up. All that complaining and terrorism for nothing. Heaney's poems were just sooo depressing and outrageously boring.

Fido

shipping news

hey does anyone know where i can find chapter analyses for the shipping news?!? slightly urgent now! :S

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
o! The Bone People is a mad book. How could you not like it? :S the characters are mad (thats an understatement), the book manipulates emotion like very few other books do, and its easy to sympathise with the flawed characters. hrmph, maybe its just me. :|

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Grey Council
o! The Bone People is a mad book. How could you not like it? :S the characters are mad (thats an understatement), the book manipulates emotion like very few other books do, and its easy to sympathise with the flawed characters. hrmph, maybe its just me. :|
No, I completely agree.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
our school is doing nothing with the shipping news only the bone people, seamus heaney and the castle

does this matter?

i watched once we were warriors that is a good movie
OMG!we are doing EXACTLY the same as u.....i dun think it shud b a problem if more than one school is doing it

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
uh, you aren't supposed to do all four. Most schools are doing just 3. We are doing bone people, seamus and castle. Dont panic. :)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
No one seems to be doing the McLeod short stories this year. They are really damn easy and you would only have to do 2 of them.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I say again, the book is boring, crap, and badly written. And I've read it twice now. If I had my choice, I would not have gone past the first chapter of the first reading.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Originally posted by fashionista
Has anyone found any good related texts for this elective?
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/03/06/5leaders.htm

This was one of my related texts. If you understand its message about the elective, you will do well. It served me well for both school assessments and the HSC exam. If you have questions about it, do ask. (oh and as I mentioned earlier, my other related text was the movie "Once were Warriors" - very good)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Newspaper articles, other books, poetry etc...?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
I did Bruce Dawe's poem "In the New Landscape" as one of mine and a painting called Flying Fries... forget the artist's name. A Japanese bloke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)