Rules for Customers (4 Viewers)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
there's a scam going around atm where people walk out with TVs etc. with handwritten dockets... one actually came to my work the other day n tried to walk out with a tv saying "oh it's from the warehouse across the road" which is cool except there isn't any such place, lol
ahahaha thats gold
totally doing that next time :p

red-butterfly

HSC
For customers:

don't fucking swipe your card at the EFPOS before i've authorised it.... it fucks up our whole system... don't blame me if you broke our machines....

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
For customers:

don't fucking swipe your card at the EFPOS before i've authorised it.... it fucks up our whole system... don't blame me if you broke our machines....
yes but the simple fact is that customers should handle the machine themselves... store staff should always handle the eftpos

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Dear Customer

If you have a pressing issue or a complaint that needs to be discussed at length, could you try calling at a better time than 5:59pm? I don't get paid to stay on the phone with you 20 minutes after closing time and miss my train home. We close at 6. Call earlier.

And when I politely inform you that we are closing and your enquiry will need to wait til 9am tomorrow to be resolved for you, don't get the shits and whine that 6pm is the only time of day you have to call anyone. I don't care. Find another time. 6pm is my home time. Not to mention the person you actually need to speak with goes home at 4. Sorry. No I am not calling her on her mobile for you, she's not your freaking personal assistant. Thanks for calling, bye.

spence

HSC
For customers:

That must be a really shift eftpos system if that's enough to fuck it up

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Dear Customer

If you have a pressing issue or a complaint that needs to be discussed at length, could you try calling at a better time than 5:59pm? I don't get paid to stay on the phone with you 20 minutes after closing time and miss my train home. We close at 6. Call earlier.

And when I politely inform you that we are closing and your enquiry will need to wait til 9am tomorrow to be resolved for you, don't get the shits and whine that 6pm is the only time of day you have to call anyone. I don't care. Find another time. 6pm is my home time. Not to mention the person you actually need to speak with goes home at 4. Sorry. No I am not calling her on her mobile for you, she's not your freaking personal assistant. Thanks for calling, bye.
Woah... I feel so sorry for you! And woah at the fact that she asked if you could connect to the person's mobile!

bouncingfire

HSC
Can you please stop loading all of your grocery's on the belt and then ask if my register is open when the 'register closed' sign is up :chainsaw:

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
We once gave a combo of 2 loaves of bread for $6.00, but we got rid of that deal for something else, so the price went up to $7.00
I explained that to this lady who turned her nose up at me and said 'Well I'll just have to do my shopping at Southgate". Me= "Yep, sure, no worries".
2-3months later, she's come back (but I didn't serve her) and expected for the loaves to be $6 again, and my colleague explained why its $7 and the lady said the exact same thing- 'Oh, I'll just have to do my shopping at Southgate then'
FUCKING.LIAR. It made me gigglesnort because she got rejected twice :D

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
old people are the worst customers

I listened to my manager try for like 20 minutes today to explain to this ancient lady why we don't refund for just a change of mind. She didn't get it and was all "but I've done business with you for 35 years bla bla" and basically we are the antichrist because we wont just give out refunds to anyone who wants one. Heaven forbid there might actually have to be something wrong with it....
Hah, I had the same thing on Sunday. Took my time to explain conditions of sale with a disgusting rude man who wanted his items discounted even more than the 50% off he was getting. A few hours later he was back...and when I asked if he remembered what I said earlier about our exchange and refund policy, he said "I didn't listen." And that his not listening (and neglecting to read his receipt or signs posted around the store) is apparently my problem.

Hmmmmph.

spazamataz

HSC
Last day of work and my two new ones:

-No, your son still needs to provide me with ID even if you are a cop, he is purchasing the alcohol, and I intend to follow the law by requesting ID.

-Yes, ID is required to purchase cigarettes, i don't care if you're from Sydney, and we should be more relaxed out here

-No, an international drivers licence can not be accepted as a form of identification, and don't you dare laugh when i call management to deal with you. Stupid sydney uni kids.

And, a lady came in, and I was nice enough to allow her to put her trolley through the express lane. She made sure she had enough money for cigarettes, well she put it on her card. She then proceeded to unload her groceries and THEN asked if it was alright if she went through express, and as there was no one else waiting, I had no problem.

Then, she put half her groceries through, and consistently asked how much she was up to (our customer display doesnt show the sub-total).
When I got to $80 she told me to stop, and after a few items, it was up to $80, she proceeded to get cranky with me, and slammed her trolley into the barrier, then paid her $80 and told me how ridiculous i was and asked me what to do with the groceries.

I dont take crap, so I go to her, "well, put them back! Its that simple!" This made her even more angry, that she screamed off, didnt bother to collect her change from the trolley (its the type where you have to put money in to get it), meanwhile her daughter was really embarrased. And the whole line started laughing at her.

New rule:
-You're only embarassing yourself

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I hate people that whinge about the temperature of the store. It's been pretty hot lately so I keep the aircon on, for obvious reasons.

Lady walks in "Oh it's hot in here"
Me: "Yeah well at least it's cooler than outside"
Lady" Hm no, it's still too hot" *shakes head and gives me a disapproving frown"
Wtf? It was high 30s outside and low 20s inside.

Also had some bitch come in crossing her arms and rubbing them saying "Oh it's freezing in here" giving me a stare from hell. Um, it was not.

Have also had some shit service from shops lately though. I went to Krispy Kreme and asked the guy if their slushie thing had milk in it(I shall refer to them as X and Y as I have nfi what they're really called).

Me: 'Excuse me does the X have milk in it?'
Him: 'You can add some to it and it becomes Y'
Me: 'So X doesn't have any milk in it?'
Him: 'The Y has milk in it'
Me: 'Yes but does the X have milk in it?'
Him: 'If you want, the Y has milk in it'
Me: 'Um okay, well I'll have the X without milk?'
Him: *shakes head*

Last edited:

Raix

HSC
Dear Customer, I don't give a crap if you're going to "take your business elsewhere". It's your fault for not listening to what I said on the phone.

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Situation yesterday.

*grumpy old woman customer with fully laden trolley heads towards express lane*
Me: Excuse me, madam!
Customer: Hears me, glances at me and then looks away and starts unloading her trolley
Me: Madam, that's the 8 items or less aisle, you can come and pop through number 2 if you like (completely free register, no customers waiting, in a Woolworths with only 7 registers, not hard to see)
Customer: *rolls eyes and mutters under breath*
Me *walks behind service desk and mouths things like "stupid fugly bitch i'm gunna kill you"*
Customer throughout entire transaction: "This store has the worst customer service i've ever seen! How dare you make us walk all the way down here to get served!!!"

I cannot emphasise strongly enough how acutely, painfully annoying and frustrating it is when customers do not bother at all to look and see if there was any free registers available, but just march up to the first one they see and then feel they have a right to complain openly about the lack of customer service they received. I fucking led you to a fucking free registers and you were served in a fucking instant without any fucking wait and all you had to fucking do was walk 5 metres. I hate you.

greekgun

HSC
Situation yesterday.

Customer: Hears me, glances at me and then looks away and starts unloading her trolley
Me: Madam, that's the 8 items or less aisle, you can come and pop through number 2 if you like (completely free register, no customers waiting, in a Woolworths with only 7 registers, not hard to see)
Me *walks behind service desk and mouths things like "stupid fugly bitch i'm gunna kill you"*
Customer throughout entire transaction: "This store has the worst customer service i've ever seen! How dare you make us walk all the way down here to get served!!!"

I cannot emphasise strongly enough how acutely, painfully annoying and frustrating it is when customers do not bother at all to look and see if there was any free registers available, but just march up to the first one they see and then feel they have a right to complain openly about the lack of customer service they received. I fucking led you to a fucking free registers and you were served in a fucking instant without any fucking wait and all you had to fucking do was walk 5 metres. I hate you.
Sounds like a

moment.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Situation yesterday.

i guess ppl just want stuff instantly

the lady who answers all the external phonecalls @ work said that sometimes when she says she'll put the call thru to someone from X department, the customer says "no i want -you- to help me!!"

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i guess ppl just want stuff instantly

the lady who answers all the external phonecalls @ work said that sometimes when she says she'll put the call thru to someone from X department, the customer says "no i want -you- to help me!!"
I get that all the time

or the opposite where they demand to speak to the CEO of the company about some piss easy issue that I can fix for them in 3 seconds flat

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I have this old bitch faced mole local shopper at work who comes to self serve and expects me to do it for her.
Actually, expects is an under statement, she doesn't ask, nor even tell me.

"I want this in a bag on it's own, and those three things in a bag, and that in a seperate bag too.".
She once stood there for 40 minutes talking to my duty manager about something she felt like protesting.
Stupid old slut cow hag.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Don't pay for a $3 movie with a $100 note and then demand I remove your 80c late fee because you're a 'good customer'. Fucking idiot, you only joined up last month.

Don't call up our store saying you hired a movie that didn't work, then demand that we drive to your house and swap it because the 'kids' you're babysitting can't be left alone and it's for them. But it's rated MA. And our only copy of it is still of the shelf. THEN don't go to our other store 1km up the road demanding they give you it for free because you called the wrong store, even though we clearly explained the suburb we're in. Moron.

Don't leave your rubbish all around the store, hidden under tables or scrunched behind movies. We have a bin behind the counter, all you have to do is ask. But don't expect me to willfully grab your eaten apple-core or chewed on Chupa Chups wrapper, there is a bin right outside the store too.

Don't get shitty when I haven't watched every single new release that we stock. I have no idea what your teenage son would like, let alone whether he has already seen it or not.

Don't get your kid to come in and ask for a refund credit on the account because the perfectly unscratched movie 'didn't work'. WATCH CREDITS is written all over your account and we're not stupid. And when we offer to swap it for another copy, don't get shitty because we won't give you a completely different title. The movie worked perfectly fine in our player.

Don't write apologies on DVD returns that are a month overdue. "My kid was in hospital" and "My mother died" are my favourites. We don't give a shit.

Don't get shitty when I refuse to use a competitors coupon or match a price from that place you saw it cheaper in. And even though our company recently bought out 2 competitors, we still have different prices, and that isn't going to change.

I ask "how are you?" out of politeness, I don't want a long, detailed response about your day so far, or a bitch about how I "don't care anyway".

Don't tell me I'm your favourite, don't give me nicknames, and do try to wear deodorant before going out in public. It's also rude to drink yourself stupid or have a cigarette right before you enter the store, because then the whole place reaks just like you.

When I ask if you want to pay your late fee, I don't want to know about your financial situation, or how lousy the movie was, or how your housemate returned it late. I just want your money.

I don't care how cute your kid is, but if it's grabbing stuff and chucking it everywhere or playing hide-and-seek under our tables, I want it OUT.
This also applies to animals. The sign on our door saying NO DOGS isn't just us being horribly mean and forcing you to leave it outside where it will cry, it's actually a legal thing because we stock food. And carrying your ugly rat thing in a bag doesn't just make you look like a fat Paris Hilton tryhard, you look damn stupid.

Don't try the 'I don't speak English' thing when we call you up about late movies. You obviously understood what we had to say when you signed up and hired them.

Don't bitch about the store down the road being overtaken by new management that just happened to come from overseas. I don't care if they have a thick accent or barely speak English, they have absolutely nothing to do with me.

Holy crap this is long, I'll add more when I remember some.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)