Rules for Staff (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
who here feels they can run the place better if they were made the general manager?

i have a few issues with some aspects from my work, but i can't say i can do any better. i think not listening is part of being a manager.

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
But like... what am I meant to say?

Give me a free apple pie whilst I wait because your employees are so freaking slow? I mean.. I probably have to wait another 5mins to get the free food.
I dunno... i guess i would ask for the manager and then say "I waited 20mins to be served, and several mins for your workers to prepare the food and hand it to me. This is unacceptable, and i hold u reponsible...." yada yada yada spin that bullshit and then ask "what are you going to do about it" and they should give u some sort of compensation.

CieL

HSC
townie said:
pffft, $100 "legal maximum" sif. @ woolies it used to be $300 max, but they recently bumped it up to $1000 max - even then u can get more, just needs supervisor approval
Maybe she meant Maccas maximum.
But I'm sure it isnt because my friend worked at Maccas before and told me I could get it..

@greekgun - maybe i should of made him pay for my extra parking fee too aye =p

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
CieL said:
I just remembered an old one...
For the staff at Parra Maccas... Hurry up, move it, and don't be retarded.

My friend and I were getting some food after a long day of shopping.. Maccas was pretty much the only thing open in the food court.. We both stood in different queues next to each other.. My friend also used to work at Maccas..

Anyways.. the two girls that served us each.. were just.......... so........... freaking.......... slow......... it was almost painful to watch. We were both standing third in line. To reach the front of the queue.... took 20 minutes. All that time I was watching both girls meander around the fries, drinks, and softserve machine.. Like they were floating around or something.. They'd stop at one station and chat a bit... hang around the burger bit waiting instead of doing something else whilst waiting for the burger.. And no joke, I was watching this other operater in the middle serve 10 people in the time I was waiting..

Finally I get to the front of the line.. and I wanted $160 cash out.. I asked my friend beforehand what the limit was, and my friend told me that there isnt really one, they just need the supervisor to swipe the card.. So I ask for $160.. and she goes "ohhh.. umm", asks the other slow girl next to her and they both agree that the maximum I can cash out is $100. She didnt say she didnt have enough money to give me.. she just told me it was the legal maximum.. So I ask my friend again to make sure but I got denied so I was like, "ok that's fine, I'll get out $100". And like wth.. she has to float away to get the manager's card anyway, so an extra $60 shouldnt of been a problem.

Anyways........ We were both then popped to the side [for the burgers] whilst they served other customers.... I watched my friend's operator serve the next customer who wanted that sundae with syrup on the top and bottom.... No joke, my burger and that sundae took 10mins. The sundae I watched.... she sloooooooooowly pumped the choc syrup in... started slowly hitting the base on the counter so the choc would even out, and started chatting with another person.. the choc was sitting there for a whole minute being hit against the counter.. the icecream was done pretty shit.. and when it was time to put the choc top layer on, it went freaking over the edge of the cup.. she then had to go find chux to clean it.. and when she was finding the chux, she managed to knock over the container with the nugget dips.. she walked past it and didnt even know until someone else pointed to her that she dropped it.. then she slowly bent down to pick everything up.. and THEN we got our fucking burgers and the other girl got her crappy sundae..

And I know how long that took because I had to pay for an extra half hour of parking because of incompetent staff.
I work at Maccas and I can sympathize because noone deserves to be treated like that. The two girls on front counter sound like hopeless bitches and I would have complained, I know the standards they're supposed to meet and if they don't at least try to meet them or are rude I would complain. Loudly.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
AndromedaAiken said:
I was taught the max cashout in woolies was $400. No one's told me of any extras lol.
Our cash out without manager approval is something silly like eighty. Mostly people ask for twenty though, which is easy.

HSC
Most people I see who ask for cashout normally ask for $40, $50 or $100 lol but I once had this weird guy who leaned over the counter (freaking me out a little in the process) and asked for $374.50 (or something like that). In my mind, I was thinking, "What?! That's such a weird number!" But I gave it to him anyway lol.

freaksoutalot

HSC
CieL said:
I just remembered an old one...
For the staff at Parra Maccas... Hurry up, move it, and don't be retarded.

My friend and I were getting some food after a long day of shopping.. Maccas was pretty much the only thing open in the food court.. We both stood in different queues next to each other.. My friend also used to work at Maccas..

Anyways.. the two girls that served us each.. were just.......... so........... freaking.......... slow......... it was almost painful to watch. We were both standing third in line. To reach the front of the queue.... took 20 minutes. All that time I was watching both girls meander around the fries, drinks, and softserve machine.. Like they were floating around or something.. They'd stop at one station and chat a bit... hang around the burger bit waiting instead of doing something else whilst waiting for the burger.. And no joke, I was watching this other operater in the middle serve 10 people in the time I was waiting..

Finally I get to the front of the line.. and I wanted $160 cash out.. I asked my friend beforehand what the limit was, and my friend told me that there isnt really one, they just need the supervisor to swipe the card.. So I ask for $160.. and she goes "ohhh.. umm", asks the other slow girl next to her and they both agree that the maximum I can cash out is $100. She didnt say she didnt have enough money to give me.. she just told me it was the legal maximum.. So I ask my friend again to make sure but I got denied so I was like, "ok that's fine, I'll get out $100". And like wth.. she has to float away to get the manager's card anyway, so an extra $60 shouldnt of been a problem.

Anyways........ We were both then popped to the side [for the burgers] whilst they served other customers.... I watched my friend's operator serve the next customer who wanted that sundae with syrup on the top and bottom.... No joke, my burger and that sundae took 10mins. The sundae I watched.... she sloooooooooowly pumped the choc syrup in... started slowly hitting the base on the counter so the choc would even out, and started chatting with another person.. the choc was sitting there for a whole minute being hit against the counter.. the icecream was done pretty shit.. and when it was time to put the choc top layer on, it went freaking over the edge of the cup.. she then had to go find chux to clean it.. and when she was finding the chux, she managed to knock over the container with the nugget dips.. she walked past it and didnt even know until someone else pointed to her that she dropped it.. then she slowly bent down to pick everything up.. and THEN we got our fucking burgers and the other girl got her crappy sundae..

And I know how long that took because I had to pay for an extra half hour of parking because of incompetent staff.
pretty sure Mcdonalds is not your right, its friggen mcdonalds lower your expectations they were probably doing the best they could, what do you expect from 14 year old girls.

Im a crew trainer at maccas and it pretty much goes, if the customer is pleasant than they get super service including going that little bit faster, and for the girl picking up the sauces its store policy to CAYG that means clean up any messes as they are made, sauces must be picked up right away as it is a slipping issue.

and your friend is wrong max cash out at mcdonalds is $100, as we are a food service place not an ATM. and anything above $90 we need a managers swipe as this stops issues such as fraud and stealing etc.

get off your high horse and walk a little bit in these girls shoes, im absolutely sick of people telling us how to work.

anyways thats my little rant for the day i hope it has entertained

bdude

HSC
At Coles, I'm fairly sure that the max cash is $400 too.

Although people do the weirdest thing and ask for it to be "made up to" an amount, so say if the order came to 51.24 and they wanted it made up to $100 I would have to give them $48.75 change. I really don't get why people would want that.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
freaksoutalot said:
pretty sure Mcdonalds is not your right, its friggen mcdonalds lower your expectations they were probably doing the best they could, what do you expect from 14 year old girls.

Im a crew trainer at maccas and it pretty much goes, if the customer is pleasant than they get super service including going that little bit faster, and for the girl picking up the sauces its store policy to CAYG that means clean up any messes as they are made, sauces must be picked up right away as it is a slipping issue.

and your friend is wrong max cash out at mcdonalds is $100, as we are a food service place not an ATM. and anything above $90 we need a managers swipe as this stops issues such as fraud and stealing etc.

get off your high horse and walk a little bit in these girls shoes, im absolutely sick of people telling us how to work.

anyways thats my little rant for the day i hope it has entertained
Jake! Haven't seen you in ages, how you been? I had no idea you were a crew trainer. I work at Broadmeadow McDonalds now mate, it's alright. I think you're bang on the money too, people need to lower their expections a tiny bit. I have to start at 6 tomorrow morning... I have this strange feeling I like get mauled.

Customers are so territorial about their food, and they never give themselves enough time for it to be made. Uhh. We end up with five people fighting over one McMuffin and I feel like either telling them to fuck off or laugh at them.

I love (most) of the people I work with though. They offer me more work then I could possibly ever want. It means I was able to buy my D60 early... :)

freaksoutalot

HSC
supercalamari said:
Jake! Haven't seen you in ages, how you been? I had no idea you were a crew trainer. I work at Broadmeadow McDonalds now mate, it's alright. I think you're bang on the money too, people need to lower their expections a tiny bit. I have to start at 6 tomorrow morning... I have this strange feeling I like get mauled.

Customers are so territorial about their food, and they never give themselves enough time for it to be made. Uhh. We end up with five people fighting over one McMuffin and I feel like either telling them to fuck off or laugh at them.

I love (most) of the people I work with though. They offer me more work then I could possibly ever want. It means I was able to buy my D60 early... :)
yeah im a crew trainer at the best goddamn maccas in the state like its official or something we get the best gap busters.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
AndromedaAiken said:
I was taught the max cashout in woolies was $400. No one's told me of any extras lol.
it was quietly bumped up to $1000

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
realise that i'm in reality better than them and that it's only a job

greekgun

HSC
wuddie said:
who here has a jackass for a boss? how do you deal with them?
If the boss is an ass to u, then u have to be an ass back to them. But u have to do it in a right way, u cant be too much of an ass because then they will fire u or give u a hard time, but u have to be enough to let him know ur being an ass to him so it pisses him/her off. or call the union on there ass, that will make shit hit the roof for the boss.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Lizakith said:
I find avoision works well
er. is avoision even a word? =/

As for jackasses for bosses; I just ignore it. Why make the fact that they're asshole's a problem to you, and get pissed off? Live, and let live. And as Townie said, it's only a job. No need to stress over it that you'll get grey hairs.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
freaksoutalot said:
yeah im a crew trainer at the best goddamn maccas in the state like its official or something we get the best gap busters.
I hate gap busters soo much. Whoever was on order taker screwed up 'friendly greetings' and now we have no free meals after like three months of going perfectly. Arghhh :)

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
ok, mcdonalds staff:

Whenever i buy a nice fillet-o-fish, the bun is nice and fresh, plump, warm and wholesom (perfect, and looking like it does on the menu)

with any other burger it comes in a crappy little package, the cheese, beef/whatever not even in the centre of the bun, and the bun itself is squashed and shit.

why

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)