Ruse vs. Grammar (1 Viewer)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol,scholarship is not to come out till mid May and Selective High School Placement outcome not come out till July.
He has definitely confirmed he has a full scholarship placement should he choose Grammar (the dates of release might've been different from your year?).
As for Ruse, it's a reasonable guesstimate that he'd get in. Of course we don't know for sure yet, but he does have to choose to accept the Grammar scholarship or not soon, so he will be choosing based on the best-case scenario.

Btw thanks for your helpful replies so far everyone! Keep them coming! :) I've passed on the experiences of other people I've chatted to (plus this thread) onto my bro, he seems to be leaning towards Grammar at the moment.

Eddykungfu

HSC
Grammar, because the North Shore GPS is far superior to any other sporting association.

Head of the River is life.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Grammar: Snobby rich cunts that eat caviar for breakfast and use $5 bills as toilet paper
James Ruse: nerdy asians that talk about maths and dota all the time

go to a normal comprehensive school like the rest of us battlerz
generalisation to its peak

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Grammar: Snobby rich cunts that eat caviar for breakfast and use $5 bills as toilet paper
James Ruse: nerdy asians that talk about maths and dota all the time

go to a normal comprehensive school like the rest of us battlerz
I praise your creativity.

Infatuate

HSC
Edit: I've just re-read what I've written... lol- pretty biased stuff right there (even though it's true). in all seriousness, if i was in your position i'd send my sibling to grammar. he has secured a scholarship- he has pretty much guaranteed himself an all-rounded schooling experience (assuming he makes the most of it). just make sure he does his best regardless of the poor efforts of those around him. :)
totally contradicting myself

I'd go to Ruse.
Admittedly the facilities there are pretty average (there are a few awesome teachers there that go out of their way to help the students, though), but the amount of competition there makes up for it! Ruse isn't really as nerdy as it's stereotyped to be- sure, there are a few super nerds there (in most grades, the kids at the top are amazing at their subjects)... but which good selective/private school doesn't?
The students there are all unbelievably nice; they all support one another, and hence, the atmosphere there is really relaxed (however in senior years, exam time is hectic!). You wouldn't find a nicer school elsewhere, that's for sure.
Oh, and the chess team is pretty awesome! There are quite a few superb chess players there, and the top-end debaters are really good. And you wouldn't believe how musical the school is :) (heh, they put on spectacular musicals/ music performances).

However, if you're positive that your brother will thrive in a school with top-notch facilities (as opposed to endless support and friendly competition), then you would probably be better off with grammar.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Thats assuming that the grammar community doesnt have that support and friendliness, which I think some people may disagree with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)