Schapelle Corby - Innocent or Gulity? (1 Viewer)

[trent]

HSC
Chapelle Corby was the girl arrested last year in Bali for drug smuggling. She currently being trialed, and if she's found guilty the prosecutors have warned they will be seeking the maximum penalty - death by firing squad. For anyone's who's been following the story, she reckons she was set-up, that the 4.1 kg bag of pot found in her boogie-board bag was planted by airport officials, but all Balinese officials claim she admitted to having pot and tried to stop them opening the bag. I personally think she's guilty...what does everyone else think?

timrie6

HSC
N/A
why would you want to go to that sort of risk to get pot to bali when it is apparently in abundance there

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmm i havnt heard anyhting bout this for ages ... i think shes innocent... but eh, they're prolli gunna try and make an example out of her anyway.

0Jade0

HSC
Guilty... I don't by her story of someone planting it......

sure...... she must have smoked some of it to think that people would buy that story

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
If it can be prooved that she is guilty, she must face Indonesian law. However it's coming down to her word against that of an Indonesian customs officer so it's going to be difficult.

B

badhairday

i think she would have realised if there were drugs in her boogie board bag if they "had" been planted there. I reckon shes guilty

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
[trent] said:
I personally think she's guilty...what does everyone else think?
I think everything I've heard about the case has been filtered through multiple layers of bureaucracy and media. Therefore, I don't have enough information on which to base any kind of judgement.

Maybe I'll try to get my hands on the court transcripts...

berghousemaa

HSC
Definately guilty, naive and guilty.
Her body language when she spoke to ACA a few months back was a dead giveaway.

[trent]

HSC
berghousemaa said:
Definately guilty, naive and guilty.
Her body language when she spoke to ACA a few months back was a dead giveaway.
yeh, she was really suss and didn't sound definate about anything (and kept looking to the left)...i do feel sorry for her though..death for such a (seeminly) trivial thing...

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
Pot doesn't just appear out of nowhere.She's guilty and she should get the death penalty according to Indonesian Law.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I was under the impression that the 'evidence' had been handled improperly at every stage of the investigation and that it had been found within the unlocked section of her board bag (if that counts for anything)?

For what it's worth, I would have to agree with alphatango (bar the court transcript 'maybe' :p).

tattoodguy

I dont think she has any previous charges -----------that should count for something in her innocense.

I dont think we should be saying shes guilty cos she looks guilty --- if you were potentially facing a firing squad in another country who knows how you would act.

K

katie_tully

Man, if she is guilty she's incredibly stooopid...Nobody's going to notice if you smuggle 4kg of marijuana into a country...

If she's innocent, she's still incredibly stupid...Unattended bag....how can you not notice the extra weight?

We used to steal text books out of cupboards and put them in peoples bags at school, and we could notice the difference...so as if you wont notice 4 kg

berghousemaa

HSC
tattoodguy said:
I dont think she has any previous charges -----------that should count for something in her innocense.

I dont think we should be saying shes guilty cos she looks guilty --- if you were potentially facing a firing squad in another country who knows how you would act.
Body language is not just looking nervous. She gave off many signals thta indicated she was not being truthful in her interviews.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
shes guilty
the customs officer has no reason to lie about it
why would he want to get her in trouble and killed etc
look at her
look at her eyes..shes a junkie
u can just tell
plus ofcourse shes lying..anyone would to escape the death penalty
and how the fuck could u not know u are carrying around 4 kilos of mj
how much does a boogie or surf board weigh neways?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
In response to katie_tully, yes she is incredibly stupid. Whether she is guilty or not i dont know...

Riewe

HSC
I am in two minds in this case. On one side, the testimony of Corby is somewhat convincing, because it is very possible that anything she said could be lost in translation, and that the customs officers didn't understand her properly at the time. And there are two pieces of evidence missing that is crucial. One is a supposed security tape of when she opened her bag, whoch may prove her side of the story. And the second piece is the difference in the wieght of her bag when she arrived in Bali. If it can be shown that her bag was lighter in Australia than it was in Bali, then she couldn't have put the cannibas in, but if the weights are the same, then she put it in there. This last piece is the one i most want to hear, and until then, i am keeping an open mind.

K

katie_tully

I don't know whether she is guilty or not..It's hard to believe somebody who has traveled to the region before would be so stupid as to try and smuggle marijuana into the country..it's also hard to believe they wouldnt try and conceal it, and would just try and walk into the country.

They've done searches of her house and have found no trace of marijuana or other drugs, so if this is a first offense, it's a massive balls up.

If she isnt guilty, it's still hard to believe somebody with knowledge of the region and its notority for drug smuggling would leave her bag unattended.

rantman

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Man, if she is guilty she's incredibly stooopid...Nobody's going to notice if you smuggle 4kg of marijuana into a country...

If she's innocent, she's still incredibly stupid...Unattended bag....how can you not notice the extra weight?

We used to steal text books out of cupboards and put them in peoples bags at school, and we could notice the difference...so as if you wont notice 4 kg
was the 4kgs of marijuana corby carrying for personal use only?
please explain i want to know criminal intent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)