• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Schapelle Corby - Innocent or Gulity? (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I am gonna think of her as innocent until she has been proven guilty.

There are too many questionable points in this trial. I don't think she has been given a fair trial (and the officials probably know it, maybe that's why they didn't give her the firing squad).

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Schappelle may not be guilty at all, BUT what has the media done.. Since the first day of the trial in Bali.. We have seen headlines. "OUR AUSSIE GIRL STUCK BEHIND BARS FOR NOTHING... CRYING SCHAPPELLE" etc... Would you really think people would be saying the same thing if it were a aussie male, ??? A middleaged man? What about the 9 Australian boys in bali at the moment.. .There isnt as much sympathy for them at all (even though there is clear evidence against them... i soooo disagree with the Capital Punishement schceme though... its horrible)

I think indeed the media has spilled it over and now people will believe anything from a few photos.

Last edited:
HSC
Bunny04 said:
Not saying Schapelle is guilty.. BUT ... why are sooo many people saying 'Oh yeah, definatley innocent" ... Fare enough.. Innocent until Proven guilty.. But there is no evidence whatsoever to prove if she is OR isnt Guilty.

nothing..... The Media have obviously done a job job of portraying her as the "Young Poor Aussie Girl..crying etc.." - This kind of stuff happens regurlarly, and in the past never this much commotion over it.

Is australia and the public and the media going to fall into the trap that, every one who crys and pleas with judges are innocent... who knows.

i think we are more sympathetic this time because the possible sentence that will be handed down if she is found guilty is stupid, unneccessary and extremely harsh...ESPECIALLY for something that is so hard to prove.....they should never ever resort to capital punishment unless the sentence is definite and beyond reasonable doubt....but im not too sure on this case, do they have any pieces of evidence at all? unless theres some concrete evidence i will continue to presume that she is innocent...but i think even if she is guilty...capital punishment should NOT be used against her.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
someone told me they wont give them death penalty
because indonesia owes australia so much moeny and stuff
they will cut them a deal
i dont pay much attention to this stuff..

but i strongly feel that if she is guilty she wont be sentenced to death
i cant see that happening

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Bunny04 said:
Schappelle may not be guilty at all, BUT what has the media done.. Since the first day of the trial in Bali.. We have seen headlines. "OUR AUSSIE GIRL STUCK BEHIND BARS FOR NOTHING... CRYING SCHAPPELLE" etc... Would you really think people would be saying the same thing if it were a aussie male, ??? A middleaged man? What about the 9 Australian boys in bali at the moment.. .There isnt as much sympathy for them at all (even though there is clear evidence against them... i soooo disagree with the Capital Punishement schceme though... its horrible)

I think indeed the media has spilled it over and now people will believe anything from a few photos.
I dont think the sympathy thing is just on behalf of the media. I know many people (and reluctantly i admit that i should probably include myself in the number) who believe she is innocent on no evidentiary basis but simply because she's a young, pretty, well-spoken female - and therefore have more sympathy for her... and that hasnt got anything to do with the media, its just a prejudicial view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)