• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Schapelle Corby - Innocent or Gulity? (3 Viewers)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
BraindrainedAsh u ever thought "maybe she's guilty?"
At first I didn't know what to think of the situation, but after reading extensively about it, I formed my opinion, just as you have formed yours.

Even if you think she is guilty, how can you say that she has had a fair trial when there was so much mishandling of evidence etc? And isn't the mantra in the Australian legal system "innocent until proven guilty"..... there are so many gaping holes in the prosecutor's evidence there is no way that they can prove that she is guilty. Hence, she should not be convicted because there is insufficient evidence.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
At first I didn't know what to think of the situation, but after reading extensively about it, I formed my opinion, just as you have formed yours.

Even if you think she is guilty, how can you say that she has had a fair trial when there was so much mishandling of evidence etc? And isn't the mantra in the Australian legal system "innocent until proven guilty"..... there are so many gaping holes in the prosecutor's evidence there is no way that they can prove that she is guilty. Hence, she should not be convicted because there is insufficient evidence.
well the evidence is the drugs that were found in her boogie board bag.
it was HER bag, so immediately she has been proven guilty.
she's trying to prove her innocence by justifying the presence of the drugs which have already been found in her posession, which is quite different from proving innocence in the sense that she never had any.
that's why in this case, it has been turned around to "guilty until proven innocent"
and it is pretty careless that so many pieces of evidence she could of had were destroyed.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Sweets said:
Are you just idiotic or do you have some sort of mental defficiency?
Its actually "mental deficiency" that’s one "F". It is defined as a Subnormal intellectual development as a result of congenital causes, brain injury, or disease and characterized by any of various cognitive deficiencies, including impaired learning, social, and vocational ability.

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't fall under that category. haha I am sorry but nothing will change the fact that this stupid bitch is going to spend the rest of her life behind bars, and its a good thing.

Lorie

HSC
why the hell would someone take drugs out of Australia where it has the highest street value in the world, into a country where it is worth significantly less.

Why haven't they compared the weight of the bag between the Australian and Bali airports? The Australian government hasn't done enough to help prove her innoncence (or guilt).

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Lorie said:
why the hell would someone take drugs out of Australia where it has the highest street value in the world, into a country where it is worth significantly less.

Why haven't they compared the weight of the bag between the Australian and Bali airports? The Australian government hasn't done enough to help prove her innoncence (or guilt).
yeah they should have weighed it.
the first argument's pretty crap though.. LOL. :p
it's true, but that won't really prove anything.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
jennylim said:
haha hey zahid!! nice to see some like-minded ppl (i'm liberal too..nearly joined the young libs but decided not to cos of hsc this year).

anyway about schapelle...

i think life imprisonment is way harsh for her - even if she was guilty (and i don't think she was) she deserves only a few years. BUT i still have strong feelings about no extraterritoriality in light of improving relations with indonesia...

so while australia should intervene for clemency if absolutely necessary, they should NOT insist on taking her back home or just getting her out of the indonesian legal system in general.
ooooh my gosh...what are u stupid or something?

Did you not notice the sarcasm in that post. I am not a fucken lib. I am 100% left wing and soon will be a member of young labor.

Lorie

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
yeah they should have weighed it.
the first argument's pretty crap though.. LOL. :p
it's true, but that won't really prove anything.

What do u mean the first argument is crap. Think about it, why would u take drugs that are worth $100,000 in Australia into a country where it is worth $10,000

Lorie

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
lol Jenny, there's a difference between a 'liberal' and a 'Liberal supporter'.

Zahid is a whacko, i wouldn't even bother talking to him.

yeah the irony is that the liberal party is far from liberal

Scanorama

HSC
Lorie said:
What do u mean the first argument is crap. Think about it, why would u take drugs that are worth $100,000 in Australia into a country where it is worth $10,000
Maybe she owns people money and that person doesnt have the gut to bring the drugs into Bali, so that person got Corby to do it?

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Lorie said:
maybe...she was paid to do it?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Zahid is a whacko, i wouldn't even bother talking to him.
hahaha....Am I whacko!!!!!!?????

Last edited:

shortie_689

HSC
she is so innocent.... I feel so sorry for the girl...
I was reading this article about her an it quoted what happened when the drugs were discovered that is if this article was true...

but it said the the people asked her brother whether the body board bag was his an she said no mine and opened it for them to see an when she looked inside she said oh shit im introuble

jellybeenz

HSC
Lorie said:
See I agree with that. It just doesnt add up, why would one smuggle drugs into Bali? there are plenty of drugs already there-- its described as a "narcotics haven"...

I guess none of us really know the details though.

mahuligan

HSC
Lorie said:
thats a really interesting point... if thats true, then what kind of retard would do that? :confused:

gecka

HSC
Innocent!

Definantly innocent!
they refused to take fingerprints, they refused to test for DNA although she had even offered to pay for it, they asked her to pay them money to reduce the sentence. u saw the judges reading a book, not paying attention while she made her last appeal.
it was a huge amount of marijuana being taken INTO bali whereas bali is a huge EXPORTER of it, it made no sense to be smuggling it in when it was cheaper to buy it over there.
it was a huge amount there was no chance it wouldnt be picked up if she was searched, she really couldnt be that stupid. it was in her bodyboard bag which obviously wasnt locked and wasnt with her most of the time.
the story she offered was the only one that made any sense, plus it was backed up by an inmate in jail who overheard other inmates laughing about how the drugs had ended up in bali and she was being tried for it. they said itd been destined for sydney from brisbane and customs dont check internal flights so there was no risk of being found. however when they put it in her bag they didnt know she was coming from brisbane to sydney to take a connecting flight to bali.
they thort the bag was only travelling interstate. the inmate offered to give evidence in bali on her behalf but the indonesian govt. wouldnt allow it.
besides u wouldnt give the death penalty to a drug smuggler!!!!!!!!! (the bali bomber got three years, coz he paid em off... talk about corrupt!)

Last edited:

tattoodguy

but, there is a huge amount of evidence........

if it was an asian male....................no one would even think twice.

a bag of drugs..and she alledgedly confessed ---

People are in jail here for having drugs in a bag etc ------------ and they are found guilty without question.

i think she is innnocent ------------ but under the law she is guilty because of the evidence.

If she is found innocent ------------that means there system is corrupt. Because there is more than enufff evidence. Its only out of sympathy because she is a girl and because of pressure our government may be placing on their court system because of the public out cry over her in australia.

Thats why our government betrayed the bali 9 to gain favor with the chapelle case.

now i heard the dude allledgedly who sold drugs to..............the bali 9 is killed ---- thats interesting.

i wonder what the circumstances r.

there is alot of evidence that indonesia is a fucked up country with a fucked legal system ---------our government should not be co-operating with the balinese to killl australians. They do not give fair trials so our government is promoting injustice by co-operating with scum bag countries.

As far as i knew - our government was not supposed to help other countries gather evidence in death penalty cases?

our government is making an example of these people several of whom could be innocent and they will not get a fair trial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)