• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Schapelle Corby - Innocent or Gulity? (1 Viewer)

jennylim

HSC
it's so sad. when i first heard about it i thought of bridget jones: edge of reason...that was done in quite a funny way but obviously had a happy ending. i'm not so sure about schapelle, and i really do think she's innocent. either way i think she should have a really fair trial (which i don't think she's having).

but...as for the australian government getting her right out and having her tried by australian laws...i'm not sure. although that would be much better for her i still have these niggling feelings about how extraterritoriality should not exist in modern times and how we should respect each nation's sovereignty. so i'm kind of in 2 minds, but mainly feeling sorry for schapelle.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/This-is-the-end-of-my-life/2005/04/21/1114028489301.html

The only thing that has ruined my opinion of Bali as a tourist destination is that fact that if some bastard planted drugs in your suitcase you would be dragged through the same hell as Schapelle and have your life placed in the hands of the shonky Indonesian legal system where you are guilty until proven innocent.

It's complete and utter BS and the Australian government should be ashamed of their efforts to help. It will be Australia's fault just as much as Indonesia if Schapelle's life is ruined.... as much crucial evidence was erased on our side of the ocean as theirs.
Yes... it's utterly outrageous.

It seems like such a one-sided court case too... what's in it for the prosecutor anyway - why are they so adamant to get Corby a life sentence? Do they just want to make an example out of her? Way to put off tourists.

tattoodguy

ummmm, but there is evidence.

she had a bag of drugs in her bag.

she alledgedly confessed when they found the drugs right????????????

thats alot of evidence.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
chookyn said:
Yes... it's utterly outrageous.

It seems like such a one-sided court case too... what's in it for the prosecutor anyway - why are they so adamant to get Corby a life sentence? Do they just want to make an example out of her? Way to put off tourists.
The prosecuter's job is to, whilst maintaining ethical practices, put forward as strong a case as possible. It doesn't matter whether they think the person's innocent or guilty.

S

Sheehan :)

she should DIEEEEEEEEEEEE...............this would deter many cunts trying to bring drugs into Australia.................itys bitches like her that are the reason for all these kids today smoking pot and getting into many fatal accidents as well as doing stupid shit........................DEATH BY BAGUNA

S

jezzmo said:
I was sitting in my armchair today, doing a little thinking. In a bit of a trance, I have been trying to resolve the case in my mind, and initiate potential solutions to this whole drama. And I came to the conclusion that what Corby really needs is the appeal of a famous Hollywood star with a violent drinking history. And that's when it struck me like an unmediated blow to the back of the head. Russell Crowe's opinion surely would sway the circumstances like he swayed the crowd in Gladiator. And his opinions are oh so fruitful and well-thought out. After importing the news today, I have utmost faith in Corby's trial turning out for the best. The crow of justice caws outside her cell.

thats some deep shit man.....................

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/This-is-the-end-of-my-life/2005/04/21/1114028489301.html

This is gut-wrenching stuff. Imagine your whole life being taken away from you at such a young age. You can see the anguish in her eyes.

If she is found guilty, it is truly a travesty. The Australian government should be doing more to help her.

I mean, what have they done to help her! Nothing!

And what about this kind of bullshit that the prosecutor said:

"the defendant has ruined the image of Bali as a tourist destination and created the image that Bali is a haven for narcotics distribution, ruined the mentality of youngsters"

like, WTF?

The only thing that has ruined my opinion of Bali as a tourist destination is that fact that if some bastard planted drugs in your suitcase you would be dragged through the same hell as Schapelle and have your life placed in the hands of the shonky Indonesian legal system where you are guilty until proven innocent.

It's complete and utter BS and the Australian government should be ashamed of their efforts to help. It will be Australia's fault just as much as Indonesia if Schapelle's life is ruined.... as much crucial evidence was erased on our side of the ocean as theirs.
sympathy FACTOR= 0

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
zahid said:
sympathy FACTOR= 0
WOW!

I don't think she is guilty at all, and remember this could have happened to anyone. If she is found guilty, even if she serves a life sentence instead of death, Bali, along with the bombing, will cease to be an attraction for tourists.

S

LaCe said:
WOW!

I don't think she is guilty at all, and remember this could have happened to anyone. If she is found guilty, even if she serves a life sentence instead of death, Bali, along with the bombing, will cease to be an attraction for tourists.

who the hell gives a fuck.....................Australaians can go elsewhere for holidays................they can even stay in Aus................fuking bitch should be DEATH BY BAGUNA

i hope they kiill hewr and let you download the execution VIDEO............HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yes im evil

WonkaHead22

HSC
zahid and sheehan

idiots

Sharuhkhan should be in court instead of Schapelle Corby for his ugmoness

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:

This is gut-wrenching stuff. Imagine your whole life being taken away from you at such a young age. You can see the anguish in her eyes.

If she is found guilty, it is truly a travesty. The Australian government should be doing more to help her.

I mean, what have they done to help her! Nothing!

And what about this kind of bullshit that the prosecutor said:

"the defendant has ruined the image of Bali as a tourist destination and created the image that Bali is a haven for narcotics distribution, ruined the mentality of youngsters"

like, WTF?

BraindrainedAsh u ever thought "maybe she's guilty?"

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
WonkaHead22 said:
zahid and sheehan

idiots

Sharuhkhan should be in court instead of Schapelle Corby for his ugmoness
I don't give a fuck if SRK goes to court you fucking retard.....and I really don't have any sympathy for that pathetic stupid bitch either, She is guilty and therefore must face the consequences...however she is lucky that she didn’t get caught in a country like Saudi Arabia, then she would get stoned to death, So you know In a way she is lucky, ...would be fun to watch though. don’t you think?
the Indonesian tax payers are going to pay for her food and clean up her shit, she has got free ACCOMODATION for life not many ppl get that now do they? I would rather see her behind bars than trafficking weed for our kiddies...
see thats my opinion and everyone is entitled to one except for you becuase you are a WANKER HEAD!

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
woah, i can't believe you're a liberal!
So violent :S

I thought you guys only wanted to see corporate criminals stoned to death.
Yea I am very Liberal :rolleyes:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i dont think her alledged "confession" would be taken too strongly in an australian court... these overseas interogations are fucked up, one bloke [ read about it in "4000 days in a bangkok prison] got screamed at, shoved out the door and told to run [ whilst the "interogator" aimed a gun at him]
was denied food, water, was beaten, and all this happened before he went to a joke of a trial.. [edit: occured over like a 20 day period] this shit probably happened to schapelle aswell,

those Indonesian prosecutors are fucked up... iam sure most of you would confess to drug smuggling if they took away your food or water,
or what if they told you that confessing will mean you wont have to face the death penalty? all you have to do is sign on the dotted line...then BAM they have your confession and put you infront of a firing squad. gg no re

rama_v

HSC
Serius said:
i dont think her alledged "confession" would be taken too strongly in an australian court... these overseas interogations are fucked up, one bloke [ read about it in "4000 days in a bangkok prison] got screamed at, shoved out the door and told to run [ whilst the "interogator" aimed a gun at him]
was denied food, water, was beaten, and all this happened before he went to a joke of a trial.. [edit: occured over like a 20 day period] this shit probably happened to schapelle aswell,
You can't generalise and say that this happened to Schapelle as well. With all the aid that Australia is giving to Indonesia, I seriously doubt that police officers would put that in jeopardy by abusing Australian prisoners. While I do not doubt that there are gross violations of human rights in some Asian countries, I dont think it would have extended to Corby...Besides, she has contact with family and consular officials...

jennylim

HSC
zahid said:
Yea I am very Liberal :rolleyes:
haha hey zahid!! nice to see some like-minded ppl (i'm liberal too..nearly joined the young libs but decided not to cos of hsc this year).

anyway about schapelle...

i think life imprisonment is way harsh for her - even if she was guilty (and i don't think she was) she deserves only a few years. BUT i still have strong feelings about no extraterritoriality in light of improving relations with indonesia...

so while australia should intervene for clemency if absolutely necessary, they should NOT insist on taking her back home or just getting her out of the indonesian legal system in general.

WonkaHead22

HSC
zahid said:
I don't give a fuck if SRK goes to court you fucking retard.....and I really don't have any sympathy for that pathetic stupid bitch either, She is guilty and therefore must face the consequences...however she is lucky that she didn’t get caught in a country like Saudi Arabia, then she would get stoned to death, So you know In a way she is lucky, ...would be fun to watch though. don’t you think?
the Indonesian tax payers are going to pay for her food and clean up her shit, she has got free ACCOMODATION for life not many ppl get that now do they? I would rather see her behind bars than trafficking weed for our kiddies...
see thats my opinion and everyone is entitled to one except for you becuase you are a WANKER HEAD!

wtf you wish death upon people how nice, you will grow up just to be as ugmo as SharauKhan or his gangsta name (SRK)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
zahid said:
Are you just idiotic or do you have some sort of mental defficiency?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)