• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Schapelle Corby - Innocent or Gulity? (1 Viewer)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I thnk she's innocent. There is already alot of it in the country. So would a person, with any logic, smuggle more in to sell it for a lower price than they would recieve in another country that also has more lenient penalties?

K

katie_tully

rantman said:
was the 4kgs of marijuana corby carrying for personal use only?
please explain i want to know criminal intent
It has nothing to do with whether she had the marijuana on her for personal use, or whether she was into drug trafficing.

Somebody who has travelled to this part of the world before would be fully aware of their stance on drugs.

Tell me, are you going to need 4kg of marijuana for "personal" use?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
It has nothing to do with whether she had the marijuana on her for personal use, or whether she was into drug trafficing.

Somebody who has travelled to this part of the world before would be fully aware of their stance on drugs.

Tell me, are you going to need 4kg of marijuana for "personal" use?
exactly!...

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
she's guilty - and should own up to it - it'd probably get her a lesser sentence and death.

As a few other people said - how could you not notice the weight difference?

Who buys the story that she's innocent? Anyone?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
[trent] said:
Chapelle Corby was the girl arrested last year in Bali for drug smuggling. She currently being trialed, and if she's found guilty the prosecutors have warned they will be seeking the maximum penalty - death by firing squad. For anyone's who's been following the story, she reckons she was set-up, that the 4.1 kg bag of pot found in her boogie-board bag was planted by airport officials, but all Balinese officials claim she admitted to having pot and tried to stop them opening the bag. I personally think she's guilty...what does everyone else think?
Well if she had had pot in her bag leaving Australia, it would have been found be the airport here, it must have been put in her bag after customs checked in Australia

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
[trent] said:
yeh, she was really suss and didn't sound definate about anything (and kept looking to the left)...i do feel sorry for her though..death for such a (seeminly) trivial thing...

Tut, Tut, tut. Obviously you havent done the "representations" core in Advanced English. You always have to question current affairs programmes - don't take them too literally for what they "represent" to the audience!

Anywho:

INNOCENT but naive

when you travel to these kinds of places where even packing 'The Pill' for women or even panadol means death, you have to watch your bags like a hawk. I remember my dad telling mum at this airport in Bali to litterally sit on the luggage so no one could open it. You NEVER leave your luggage alone, unless it's locked up tight, or unless you wanna end up being in a horrible Asian jail...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
We used to steal text books out of cupboards and put them in peoples bags at school, and we could notice the difference...so as if you wont notice 4 kg
lol there was this guy at school with a really heavy bag and we put a brick in it and he didnt know until everyone started laughing.

but yeh that woman is guilty for shore. i hope they find more evidence agaiunst her so peopel dont question her innocence

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
IMO she's guilty... i just can't imagine that an indonesian customers officer, the police officer on hand make this stuff up.

Also she just doesn't seem outragged enough, i would be so damn outragged if there was a possibility i cold be killed because someone decided to plant the drugs on me.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yeah I'd also be so outraged and scared that I was being convicted for something I didn't do...but i think she is guilty.

Last edited:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i dont know if she is guilty or not...but if she is she doesnt deserve to be shot...in fact im against capital punishment altogether

Danoz The Great

HSC
She's guilty. Nobody couldn't notice that their bodyboard bag was 4kg, that's way too heavy for a bodyboard.

And the bag of pot is very similar size to the bodyboard bag. There's no way somebody could've just snuck that in thru an airport. It was placed there before the airport, hence, I believe that she put it there.

But the death penalty is wrong. However, since her sister lived there (she was visiting her sister), you'd think she'd know the penalty!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i saw the news about her again yesterday. How the channel 7 reporter went to thai land and making a point that buying drugs is so easy in that country , and then questioned the captian of the police about how they are losing the battle against drugs.

Once again i could tell that channel 7 was on Schapelles side and just creating a story to make thailand sound like they dont know anytihng about the drug problem.

Go to sydney and u can buy any of those drugs in alot of suburbs. Weed and ecstasy is really easy to even buy at schools, and if yuo want anything else just go to western suburbs or even the city. So thailand no worse then sydney.

My point is that THE MEDIA IS TRYING TO MAKE SCHAPPELLE LOOK INNOCENT fuck that, i hope she is found guilty.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
elissa said:
she's guilty - and should own up to it - it'd probably get her a lesser sentence and death.

As a few other people said - how could you not notice the weight difference?

Who buys the story that she's innocent? Anyone?
indonesian law! hello. what do you think this is, a developed, christian country? I don't think the offence can be mitigated.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Before you enter customs there are big signs asking people to give up their drugs as the punishment for drug trafficing is death...
She's guilty, she knew what she was doing, she knew what the consequences would be if she was caught.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
no.. if she was outragged i'd think "that's how i'd be in that situation".
How many people picked up by australian customs claim it was placed on them?

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
[trent] said:
Chapelle Corby was the girl arrested last year in Bali for drug smuggling. She currently being trialed, and if she's found guilty the prosecutors have warned they will be seeking the maximum penalty - death by firing squad. For anyone's who's been following the story, she reckons she was set-up, that the 4.1 kg bag of pot found in her boogie-board bag was planted by airport officials, but all Balinese officials claim she admitted to having pot and tried to stop them opening the bag. I personally think she's guilty...what does everyone else think?
innocent till proven guilty

FLAVA

HSC
Did anyone read the thing in last weeks paper? i think it was in the Saturday herald. It was like a massive article and mostly points for her.. it really made me think she could be innocent.. points that were made included:

- why would she import it over to Indonesia to sell when its worth ALOT more here

- why was it in full view of anyone opening the bag, rather than hidden behind or at the bottom

It also explained about baggage handlers transport drugs in passengers luggage for another handler to pick up (who would have been in sydney) and they could have either just missed it or it was on the wrong flight altogether. I dont know about the rest of you but being a bit naive I wasnt aware that this happened!!

So yeah anyway I did think she was guilty before but after reading that it definitely puts doubt in my mind.

tempco

HSC
cherryblossom said:
indonesian law! hello. what do you think this is, a developed, christian country? I don't think the offence can be mitigated.
LOL! That's pretty funny.

No, I'm not bagging out christianity.. just that you're making it sound like a criteria for a civilised country.

But I do support the death penalty in the case of drug trafficking... Indonesia is in a bad position as it is... they don't need more drugs to make things worse.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)