School Captain/ Vice Captain/ Prefects (1 Viewer)

Coxcomb

HSC
Elections at my school are nearly finished. There are a group of 12 now (6 boys and 6 girls). I got through the voting process, but now we have to do a day of speeches and being drilled by the principal to help them work out who should get what position.

The only pet hate I have about this is that they should already know who is getting SC and vice. It's just another opportunity for the suck ups to try and get a claim to fame.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
yeah i reckon... how seriously school leadership is taken in some schools is kind of frightening lol.
Yeah :) Like one of the posters have stated that at their school the leaders have the power to give detention? :bomb:
Us Prefects at SBHS have different portfolios as well. Someone handles library, someone handles canteen, someone handles Rugby, Rowing etc, all the sports, someone handles Charities etc.
Haha and how do they determine who gets what portfolio hey?

Elections at my school are nearly finished. There are a group of 12 now (6 boys and 6 girls). I got through the voting process, but now we have to do a day of speeches and being drilled by the principal to help them work out who should get what position.

The only pet hate I have about this is that they should already know who is getting SC and vice. It's just another opportunity for the suck ups to try and get a claim to fame.
We have ate* leaders :)

*c wat i did dere

and the SC and vice is determined in the same way as > > allira92 post :)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
our captains were more or less chosen in year 7.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
our captains were more or less chosen in year 7.
haha..Sometimes you get people who just change dramatically in year 11 and end up taking on leadership roles around the school.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yeah :) Like one of the posters have stated that at their school the leaders have the power to give detention?
We had sixteen kids on detention last Friday.

Made them write a whole A4 page on 'the best thing about Grammar'.

Roflz. I personally prefer making them pick up rubbish in the car park...while it's raining.

Not that I'm on a power trip or anything...

Example of Prefect dedication: Just came back from the Grade 9 social, which I and a few others had to organise and spend fitty dollars on decorations, prizes etc. One girl has a chem test tomorrow and has to study now (at 11PM). It was really fun though, we crowned prom king and prom queen and danced to 'sexy fish'.

allira92

HSC
Curious as to what portfolios you are talking about? Sounds a bit like parliament house lol..

portfolios are
Pastoral Care
Liturgy and Social Justice
Social
Sport
Creative Arts
Environment and Community

and it is almost like parliament house, our parliament meetings are done in a very similar fashion

duckcowhybrid

HSC
JRAHS has 31 prefects from 166 kids. Out of that 5 of them have bigger roles, School Captain, Vice Captain, Senior Prefect and then two Sports Captains (1 girl 1 boy). The process is basically all of Year 11 nominate, top 60 go onto a ballot, top 30ish get in based on schoolwide popular vote. SRC is completely separate, as that is school wide, and consists of 2 representatives from each class. House Captains are also separately elected. A girl on my bus is Vice Captain, SRC Vice President, House Captain, Band Captain, Class Captain and then some. Her Blazer has literally 100g of badges.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
JRAHS has 31 prefects from 166 kids. Out of that 5 of them have bigger roles, School Captain, Vice Captain, Senior Prefect and then two Sports Captains (1 girl 1 boy). The process is basically all of Year 11 nominate, top 60 go onto a ballot, top 30ish get in based on schoolwide popular vote. SRC is completely separate, as that is school wide, and consists of 2 representatives from each class. House Captains are also separately elected. A girl on my bus is Vice Captain, SRC Vice President, House Captain, Band Captain, Class Captain and then some. Her Blazer has literally 100g of badges.
Who's that? Prat?

kwabon

Banned
HSC
was about to become prefect, but in the blood donations my mates and i were "mucking" around , so the vice principle took my name of the list. :mad1:

by "mucking" around, i mean making huge towers from those wooden blocks and "crash tackling" it. the exact words of the vice principle.

Niek

HSC
Your schools have interviews for this stuff?? Wow... ours is done totally by voting.
Of course, we're all fairly sure it's rigged by some of the teachers who have pretty much already decided who they want as prefect by start of yr 11...
but there are heaps of leadership positions, because you can be in various groups eg one that organises charity events, another that organises social awareness etc etc
And those ones are chosen by teachers based on your application.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
why does ruse need two sports captains?
1 girl 1 boy. Basically the sportiest male prefect and the sportiest girl prefect get it if they aren't School/Vice/Senior. And @Aerath no it's not Prat. She was school captain, and those Prefects are gone now. Their last assembly was Week1 this term.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
In our school people nominate themselves to do a speech. The top 15 in the vote become school leaders and the teachers choose the captain, vice captain, src captains etc. Pretty shit system imo.

pillar

HSC
my school has 5 sport assemblies a year and 1 academic one

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
sports assemblies..? you have dedicated assemblies for sport?
Er...yeah? Don't you guys? Like, the Friday before HotR, we have our Rowing Assembly. A lot of the other GPS schools have it. I thought Kings would too.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
ah, i see...

sports assemblies..? you have dedicated assemblies for sport?
Yeah every Thursday morning is Sports Assembly in the quad. they're generally only 15 minutes. We have Principal's Assemblies (proper assemblies run by prefects) every 2-3 weeks normally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)