HSC
Glenaeon Rudolf Steiner School - from 286 to 59

We did good.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
High School represent!
Lol @ 3rd in English.
4th in Maths...Still came 1st in terms of credits (303) beating Ruse by 5 (298).

Infatuate

HSC
unlike ruse's cohort last year (ruse10), ruse11 didn't have any super freakishly smart people. there were no stacey laws, or superb olympiad members (there were a few, but they weren't stand-outs). if ruse11 was like ruse10, then the number of firsts in courses/top achievers would've been significantly higher (and t.large wouldn't have topped mx2 :p or come in the top3 for that matter).
so yeah, their 'totally unexpected' results were kinda expected by the majority of rusians (ruse11=dud cohort). but watch out guys, I hear ruse12 is pretty damn smart!

Last edited:

GenY

HSC
Lucky that we still rank 1 ,I heard a rumour that some of the juniors are planning to egg us tomorrow during our BBQ

khfreakau

HSC
unlike ruse's cohort last year (ruse10), ruse11 didn't have any super freakishly smart people. there were no stacey laws, or superb olympiad members (there were a few, but they weren't stand-outs). if ruse11 was like ruse10, then the number of firsts in courses/top achievers would've been significantly higher (and t.large wouldn't have topped mx2 :p or come in the top3 for that matter).
so yeah, their 'totally unexpected' results were kinda expected by the majority of rusians (ruse11=dud cohort). but watch out guys, I hear ruse12 is pretty damn smart!
lol yes he would have. he's a strong olympiad maths gun, and is a maths natural. although i dunno who would win in stacey vs tim HAHAHA

HSC
N/A
lol I know a lot of people who just graduated from year 12 penrith high and even they said their grade was crap. yeah there were smart ones but most of them just partied and didn't give a fuck by the end haha. shameful how their rank dropped!

I knew pymble ladies would rise! and ddnt expect Sydney grammar to fall :/
and woooooh burwood girls! what a rise XD haha my friend goes there and everyone bags out their school for being sluts... lol!

D94

HSC
N/A
lol I know a lot of people who just graduated from year 12 penrith high and even they said their grade was crap. yeah there were smart ones but most of them just partied and didn't give a fuck by the end haha. shameful how their rank dropped!
There were heaps of 89/100 and 44/50, but they don't count for the rankings. Scaling wise, those 89s made quite a difference in ATARs though, so I reckon we got pretty much the same set of ATARs as the previous year.

Lina3

HSC
My school went up by three places!! But I am pretty sure it will never leave the 200's :'(

Dylanamali

HSC
My school went up by three places!! But I am pretty sure it will never leave the 200's :'(
hey, how do you know your school went up 3 places?
wheres the list that goes outside the top 100?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
68.83% success rate for ruse? Dang, massive drop from last year!
Yeah, this year's cohort was weak. :'( (weakest cohort so far, or so I've heard) especially in english omggggggggggg! English was exceptionally shameful... and also, NSB is catching up in maths! ruse12 better make us proud!
m8, the HSC is an exam, its rather sad to say that coming in the top 5 in the state is "exceptionally shamefu;". It comes across as rather patronising hmmm?

Lina3

HSC
hey, how do you know your school went up 3 places?
wheres the list that goes outside the top 100?
Sorry..I made an error...the link I got to was the 2010 full list. As I did not see it before, I didn't know my school's rank so I though it was this year's, I am sorry but I believe the full list is not out yet.

Wentworth

HSC
haha. okay that was an exaggeration. and m8, I'm sorry if that came across as rather patronising, because it really wasn't supposed to. :p what I meant was that it was rather shameful compared to other years.
Wow I can't even begin to imagine the standards at Ruse, are you guys the best school in the southern hemisphere?

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow I can't even begin to imagine the standards at Ruse, are you guys the best school in the southern hemisphere?
Ruse is a lively and encouraging environment to grow up in, with plenty of support from principals and teachers and students to help you perform well as a group (not just individually), which is the main reason it does so well. So yeah it's an amazing school that works very well as a team, but it's hard to judge for a best school in the whole southern hemisphere because there's so much to compare.

And "forgive" man please stop trashing our cohort across all the forums with inflammatory nonsense - it's annoying considering we all tried our best and didn't even do bad either - and the last thing we need is an insider adding to the crap bigoted students from other schools dump on us. And aside from the shallow measure of our cohort's quality by our position on the school rank table, it seems kind of hypocritical considering we've still achieved much that your cohort hasn't been able to do - such as bronze and silver medallists at the IPhO/IBO, reaching a national level in the Aust. Science/Engineering Challenge, and so on.

OH1995

HSC
HEHE We beat Ruse this year in the Science and Engineering Challenge...........And we didn't......even......tryyyyy!!!
:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)