Section 2 - Creative Writing (2 Viewers)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you all find Section 2? Was it what you prepared for?

Share your thoughts here.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Also, because some of us (fortunately) aren't sitting the HSC exam - could someone generally describe the stimulus, so I had some idea of what everyone else is going to be talking about?

Cheers.

zxreth

HSC
Also, because some of us (fortunately) aren't sitting the HSC exam - could someone generally describe the stimulus, so I had some idea of what everyone else is going to be talking about?

Cheers.
Compose a creative that captures the significance of remembered placed to the experiences of belonging.
you may use the visual image as stimulus for your creative.

K

kleenextissues1

Was pretty good, i was able to adapt my story (based on the events in a song) to talk about the negatives of a lack of belonging to place, while linking it to identity

mink9012

HSC
How'd you all find Section 2? Was it what you prepared for?

Share your thoughts here.
I found it quite nice, the question was very open and managed to fit my story into it easily!

zaane

HSC
considering my creative writing was a preprepared surfing story competing with the other 10000 or so students who cant think of anything else to write about other than getting barreled, the whole outline to me didnt make much sense. Basically I just referenced it as "the sea life."

lol.

cassiecolless

HSC
My story didnt fit at all! Mine was set in a courtroom with no mention of places what so ever. So i had to make a completely new one on the spot with the corniest ending ever! :l lol

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
Hmm my story was originally about a little old woman who loved her house and went to the city to get her hearing tested and realised how much the city had changed, everyone was rude, home was the place she belonged etc. without every saying it. I still used it, but emphasised the changes between the two places more? Was this completely wrong!!??

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Haha, my prepared story fitted perfectly, about a guy reminiscing his charity work in a village.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Mine fitted very well, although i don't want to jump the gun. I used a place that to led into a flashback. It had good stucture, and got to the point. So im pleased, however the results remain to be seen.

I hope everyone else went alright.

Last edited:

rainydays

HSC
It wasn't too bad. It was only the "remembered" bit that I needed to adapt my story for, otherwise I just used the same story I did in the trials.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm my story was originally about a little old woman who loved her house and went to the city to get her hearing tested and realised how much the city had changed, everyone was rude, home was the place she belonged etc. without every saying it. I still used it, but emphasised the changes between the two places more? Was this completely wrong!!??
this is fine as long as you actually talked about the past/what she remembered and not just what it was now

but it's still relatively relevant anyway

engie_benji

HSC
mine was about a newborn baby who thought his parents were monsterous giants (talk about the place of a hospital etc), hes scared of them and at the end he realises his theyre not and his mum loves him unconditionally. With his mum, and at that home becomes his belonging place (the stimulus had people and place both written on them so im hoping you can talk about both even though the question didnt mention people) i hope its fine.

FTW

HSC
My story already had a 50 year flashback, and I felt it went fine.
I mean I didn't remember the whole thing, just the general concepts but it fitted well.

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
mines was about migrating (yes very cliche) from a small, village after it got raped by some tanks to Australia where i am all alone, unfamiliar with the large industraial buildings, no family no nothing LOl

E

Effekt

My prepared story was perfect, a childhood memory of belonging to a place.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
mines was about migrating (yes very cliche) from a small, village after it got raped by some tanks to Australia where i am all alone, unfamiliar with the large industraial buildings, no family no nothing LOl
Sounds like the Brooklyn story from section I (without the tanks haha).

dela_

HSC
N/A
Did anyone talk about people aswell as place?

Galladrim

HSC
The "you may" bit confused me. I used the stimulus anyway because it fit but did that mean you didn't necessarily have link to it, just answer the question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)