Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

mrh94

HSC
My prepared creative fit exactly with image 4 (the elderly man and woman standing, where you can only see their feet), so I was thrilled.

HSC
Gah...I completely didn't see the numbers next to the pictures and forgot to specify which image I actually used. I hope they don't take marks off for that :(.
Hey chill :) im sure the board of studies gets hundreds of papers like that and I dont see hundreds of ppl failing just cuz they didnt.

RishBonjour

HSC
I used the tree as a recurring motif. Basically, my story is set in a prison and he's flashing back. So he flashes back to when he's a child and he sees his friend go and swing on the tree and his friend asks him to join him but my persona is too scared and says no. The tree is leafy and green here. Then it goes back to prison etc. and he flashes back to when he's a teenager. So here they walk past the tree again and they ask him to do drugs with them or something and he's sorta hesitant but he still sorta sticks to his values. The tree is now browning. Then back to prison and he flashes back again to why he got into prison. So basically he really wants to belong now and is willing to compromise for that (belonging changed etc.) and he ends up setting fire to a teachers car. The tree is now dead. Back to prison. Nice conclusion etc

And yeah

Do you reckon that's alright for central idea?

lol. my cretive would get 2/15 compared to this.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah my creatives didn't really go with the theme or pics so I improvised and hoped I pulled it off.

Used fishing image.

Called story "Waves of his Mind", basically fishing with his grandson was a memory but kept crossing back to his memory of the event/and him in an armchair struggling to retell the event. The water was meant to be symbolic of his mind but I dunno if they'll get that, talked about how it ebbed and flowed etc. Basically when we he can't remember at the start the waves are choppy, sun comes out when he is remembering his time with grandson...then something in the present distracts him and his memory falters, waves return in his memory but then like the grandson takes his hand and like "calms the waves" by bridging him to the now and explaining how is the boy in the memory (not recognised cause in old man's mind, he should still be that small blonde child). Anyway, it ends of on a kinda light note with him not being able to explain why they can't go fishing anymore cause he's insistent about it.

Not sure if it was central enough, or they'll get what I was going for. I hope the concept of dementia affecting a sense of belonging rings true enough for time.

bigSKEAMO1

HSC
N/A
Gah...I completely didn't see the numbers next to the pictures and forgot to specify which image I actually used. I hope they don't take marks off for that :(.
They don't brah, I asked the supervisor brah

Sindivyn

HSC
I had a man in a coma remembering his past, showed he didn't belong etc, then had the sunlight hit his face on the hospital bed - his mind envisages himself on the tree again, sunlight used again, went into detailed imagery to show belonging to place.

jan22

HSC
Wrote a creative that would get either 13 or 14/15 (marked by eng teacher who is a HSC marker) HOWEVER I may have forgotten to link it to the aspect of 'changing over time' or what was in the question >_< eep.

poisonshot

HSC
Guys, i was wondering about the creative writing section.. just wanna ask if this is a good story..

The man stares and the photo and sheds tears. He has just found the photo in a box. The Photo depicts the grandfather and the kid fishing on the dock. They had always done things together, fishing, hiking, etc. Over as time passed, the kid grew, and started to hang out with his friends, seeing his grandfather less. The grandfather one day decided to go to the spot where they had been fishing. However, as he was fishing, he accidentally slipped into the water, and drowned. The grandfather's son was notified. The police gave him the photo that his grandfather had been looking at. The end.

please gimme any feedback or comments. :D

Last edited:

jan22

HSC
how do you know it will be marked by an eng teacher?
If this is directed at me... I think you misunderstood me >_< I re-used my creative from trial that got 14/15. It was marked by my eng teacher who is (or was? :S can't remember, whatever) a HSC marker

JellyJasper

HSC
Who else personified their main character as an animal and kept it unknown to the reader until the end? My story ended abruptly (planned) with the reader realizing the main characters a bird and also the unknown fate of the boy whose grieving mother has come to see her sons childhood one last time. Centered the relationship around the tree, linked it with time, not a complicated plot, mystery at close. I think I did alright for a standard student.

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
It was actually pretty good! I found the stimulus perfectly matched my creative! I'm really confident on it, I remembered it word for word! It took me much too long to write though, about 50 minutes...

Zeroes

HSC
I kind of think I got it to fit the question, I just hope they don't think it's too convoluted. (I'd call it subtle)

poisonshot

HSC
lol! You are probably the only guy who personified ur character a bird.

steero1

HSC
did specify the image and referenced nearly all images at some point in the creative.
Is that punishable or do they just see that i reference 1?

NinaChapps

HSC
Horrible. I chose the image with the grandpa and kid at the lake , thinking it'd be the less chosen image and I could come up with a less cliché story...WRONG. I had only 30 mins to write it, my story line did not relate much to the "changes over time" theme and was completely cliché, and I didn't have enough time to go crazy on description and all, so it was 1/4 description and 3/4 dialogue and setting the scene. Plus, I didn't get to finish, and contrary to my expectations, most of my year chose the same image. I am a failure. I'm just hoping my essay gets a better mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)