Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

borneo

HSC
did anyone else find this question absolutely terrible for the crucible?!

noturningback

HSC
Admittedly, I was thrown by the question only asking for one text, although the ten minutes reading time meant I had a few minutes to decide how to adapt my thesis to only having prescribed +1. On the whole, it went pretty damn well. The question was very broad, the whole 'understanding' concept can pretty much fit with any text. Overall, pretty good. I reckon 13/15...
okay so just to get things straight

'understanding' can be understanding of ones self right?
it doesn't have to be understanding of others?

Smile_Time351

HSC
did anyone else find this question absolutely terrible for the crucible?!
I thought it fitted well, albeit after the few minutes it took me to sort out my thesis. Essentially it comes down to Abigail understands and Proctor doesn't.. etc. etc.

okay so just to get things straight
'understanding' can be understanding of ones self right?
it doesn't have to be understanding of others?
Of course. You don't have to worry too much about the subject of the understanding. It's pretty much the same with the belonging concept. You can 'belong' to yourself (kind of...), so you can have understanding of oneself. Hey, stranger things have happened. All section one was going about belonging to a place :p

Libby01P

Banned
HSC
I actually thought the question was a bit annoying: we'd prepared with pretty general example questions, and that one was really specific about understanding. Does anyone remember the actual wording?

I did Dickinson and Tess of the D'Urbervilles which was really good for understanding but I kinda expanded the question to choice, context and identity. I ended up writing like nine pages tho.

ErinWatt

HSC
ookkk i'm stupid just massively assumed it would say 2 texts and wrote about two!!!

so they should take the first one you write about yea? but i mentioned in my intro one text first and then wrote about the other first which one will they take?

essay would have been 15 million times better if i hadnt used 2nd text =[

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Bit annoyed at how we only had to write about one related text when I had prepared for two. I think I BSed about two pages worth of stuff to make my essay longer.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING QUESTION <3
Seriously, it was perfect with my related text + had enough info to do a 1 + 1 text essay :)

cassiecocaine

HSC
Lol, i think this question caught out those who had prepared responses.
Fuck oath.

But my essay was so great! The question was more than I could of ever hoped for, GREAT for Dickinson. 'Hungry All the Years' and my ORM were perfect for the understanding nourishing belonging, and then 'Mystery Pervades' and my ORM was just wonderful for the second bit of a lack of understanding preventing belonging, as this is what I was already reinforcing for the second part of my prepared essay.

I hope they take my second poem/ORM instead of the first bit... ?

La Bomba

HSC
was great, fited my response perfectly. expecting full marks. fuly sik

mamoz

HSC
the question fitted my essay perfectly (rote 8 pages).. woohoo, im expectinn full maaarks whoevass marking it lool =)

La Bomba

HSC
gee its great that pppl who only know how to write pre-prepared essays wulda got f'ed up bahahhahahaha. hsc big discriminator for english, because sum ppl can go well spending 2 weeks preparing an essay, and to those ppl who can actualy adapt to the question.

clo-ree

HSC
Ran out of time - only got about half way through :cry: so not happy!

La Bomba

HSC
my response was nourished by my understanding, which was in turn able to potentially nourish 15 marks for the essay :p. jus realy excited i did well :)

raniaaa

:)
HSC
hey guys so how exactly did you interpret the 'understanding' part.

we studied skrzynecki and i mainly talked about his sense of alienation from society because he didn't understand the australian culture, and his disconnection from his polish heritage, again cos he didn't understand it... is that right? :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)