Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

HSC
You are both wrong. Area of study is completely common to standard and advanced, at our school advanced does Dickinson and standard does Skrzynecki but it could easily be the other way around. Oh and at the school i go to ESL does emily dickinson too lol.
Yeah I thought so! Thanks for clarifying :)

Clank_

HSC
Had to change my essay around a bit but it was alright. I thought one of my related texts wouldn't work cause it didn't have to do with physical places but ended up talking about a 'mental place', so hopefully that'll work. Heh, also crossed out most of my intro and changed it around to fit. Expecting 12ish

Chahoud

HSC
Urgh; My answer was stretching it. Our text was the Crucible, and personally, I don't think belonging to places is that big a part. I'm rather glad I went in with 10 quotes, because I could only use 2 in the end :/
All the advanced kids at my school had skrzynecki, and all I remember is they basically had the same question during trails, so hopefully they'll all do well? :p

Wtf hahaha the advance kids at your school are effing lucky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
damn..

wendiiee

HSC
As You Like It fit really well into the question and so did my related texts.
It was basically my thesis reworded so I was really glad.
Too bad I couldn't write as much as I was planning to.

azzabays

HSC
i had bit where i had the question in my prepared response
but i always had bits were it didnt link with places and i went against the question their ,will i still be able to get 15?

Jaymay

HSC
Didn't use Feliks skrzynecki as i mainly memorised shit on his admiration of father then disconnection through maturity. CBF putting shit about his connection to garden. So i just used st pats and post card. then one additional ... I was trapped with only 2 poems and one additional. hope i don't get marked down toooo hard

HSC
no because hungry is really long, while word beauty and letter are all short ones
what were some of your key ideas??? cause dickinson was just wayy toooo hardd..like i did a poopoo o_O

i had like 1 page paragraphs for the 2 poems and 1 page for RT....structure fail much haha

HSC
Uni Grad
everyone in our school did Skrzynecki except for a few classes who did Dickinson. Even the standard, advanced and ESL students.

nevertheless, I felt that for Skrzynecki poems it was easy for the essay to adapt to the question, seeing that I did 10 mary street and migrant hostel, plus The Secret River as my related

HSC
I couldn't believe how much the question suited Skrzynecki! I love it. Could've done any of the poems just by looking at the title..
Migrant Hostel- It's a hostel...
St. Patrick's College- It's a school
10 Mary Street- A home
Postcard- With a picture of Poland on it.
Feliks- Garden.. the whole this is about poland/australia
In the folk museum- its a museum lol

SO EASY!
Ancestors- may have been the only difficult one!

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
RAGE RAGE RAGE. My prescribed text was only loosely related to that !

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Other than that however, it was pretty alright

yours

HSC
what were some of your key ideas??? cause dickinson was just wayy toooo hardd..like i did a poopoo o_O

i had like 1 page paragraphs for the 2 poems and 1 page for RT....structure fail much haha
nature is a place, poems are an imaginative place (a mental space) and have a special place in time (timeless), it was mostly about nature and it felt like a bit of a wank

engie_benji

HSC
I did 'As U Like It' Along with the pursuit of happiness and mudrooroo's novel 'Wild cat Falling'. As you like it was the easiest, regarding how the environments of the forest of arden assists with belonging. With mudrooroo is said how he couldnt find belong in prison or at home. And POA just talked shit haha

13abie

HSC
it doesnt matter THAT much that emily dickenson failed (a lot of my cohort were furious about this) because everyone found it hard, so it will probably align better

Alfoy

HSC
The Crucible, probably the worst possible text you could use for this. I ended up talking about how the puritans were no longer part of england, but still held connections e.g same judicial system, and my related text was Animal Farm (HORRIBLE choice for that question, best one I had). I ended up talking about how the animals did not want to return to the "place" they were at before (a tyrranous regime spearheaded by humans), in a metaphorical sense, not a literal sense of place. Marks shall be interesting. Haha

And what's this about scaling depending on what text you used?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)