Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
omg, agreed

at first i was like, ok hes illstrating a point about personality or something, he cant be for real

then by the end i was like..... wtf
i couldnt understand a word that he said.

we sat there and googled him to see what his deal was.. apparently he's like a famous greek poet or something who wasnt making enough money so he came to aus and did a science degree

something like that
hahahaha wow

spence

HSC
omg, agreed

at first i was like, ok hes illstrating a point about personality or something, he cant be for real

then by the end i was like..... wtf
i couldnt understand a word that he said.

we sat there and googled him to see what his deal was.. apparently he's like a famous greek poet or something who wasnt making enough money so he came to aus and did a science degree

something like that
Yeah I didn't think he could keep that up for the whole lecture. And yeah, he was really hard to understand as well as being eccentric

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Got my marks back from mid sem:
75% for Human Resource Processes
70% for Foundations of Management
Both above average :)

I know these marks are prolly nothing to you guys with your HD's and crap but wooooohoooooo!!! Suck shit people who got higher UAI's than me HAHAHAHA
GO YOU MERANIE!!!!
WOOO!!
heh :)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC

I know these marks are prolly nothing to you guys with your HD's and crap but wooooohoooooo!!! Suck shit people who got higher UAI's than me (which is pretty much everyone at uni) HAHAHAHA :eek:
yay!!! :) well done!

spence

HSC
yeah exactly. i was thinking maybe if i could understand what he was saying, he wouldnt be so bad. but no he was just too... over the top i guess. i cant figure out if thats his natural personality or he's trying to entertain.. but its annoying nonetheless
I think he might be trying a bit too hard to live up to Lisa's lectures

Kujah

HSC
N/A

I know these marks are prolly nothing to you guys with your HD's and crap but wooooohoooooo!!! Suck shit people who got higher UAI's than me (which is pretty much everyone at uni) HAHAHAHA :eek:
congrats!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
80 for first 2660 essay woot

haven't got 2657 back because I didn't put my tutor's name on it so it's probably lost in space by now who knows

HSC
and i mean:
"After many (unnecessary for some, including his mom) adventures in “exotic” lands and some naughty research in the Netherlands and Indonesia (and some 'quality' time in a Russian cell - but that is all hush-hush) , he settled down in Australia (for now) , where he is currently a lecturer at the University of Sydney."

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ATTN: goony
Had a phone interview with RailCorp yesterday arvo, don't think I went spectacularly but I get the impression they just wanted to check that I spoke English fluently. Have been invited to do online psychometric tests, what can I expect from them and the rest of the recruitment process in general? They asked me what I thought the job entailed and I was kinda at a loss :eek:

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
i like niko the lecturer! he makes for interesting conversation points by which you can start chatting to randoms :eek: kehehehe

also, still havent started psych essay. will do so tonight.

spence

HSC
i like niko the lecturer! he makes for interesting conversation points by which you can start chatting to randoms :eek: kehehehe
yeah that's true.

going to start ecop tonight. hopefully finish tomorrow, then start psych

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
ATTN: goony
Had a phone interview with RailCorp yesterday arvo, don't think I went spectacularly but I get the impression they just wanted to check that I spoke English fluently. Have been invited to do online psychometric tests, what can I expect from them and the rest of the recruitment process in general? They asked me what I thought the job entailed and I was kinda at a loss :eek:
Haha nice, did you do the psychometric tests for macquarie bank or other big companies like that? Pretty similar to that but all online so there's not really any pressure. Graph and information interpretation, logic tests, a few behavioural problems etc.

After the online tests, they should contact you within a couple of weeks if you were successful or not and offer you an interview. If you're offered the interview (or as they call it "meet and greet"), you've pretty much been guarenteed a place.

It's not even a proper one-on-one interview anyway. They all the new interns in a room with all the department managers and you go around to their tables with 1-3 other potential interns to discuss your level of experience, where you'd like to work, your technical background. At the end you'll be asked to list 2-3 preferences of where you'd like to work/who you'd like to work for.

good luck dude. and for the record, i usually answer the "what do you think the job entails?" question with something along the lines of "so i can apply stuff from uni in a practical environment blah blah blah etc", it seems to have gone down well so far :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)