Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
It appears that when I get stuck on something, I end up losing sense in my brain for the other parts of the q. PLEASE let me keep a D average! Not like I'll be able to get my HD for eco... :(

jet

Banned
HSC
Oh wow... I got killed >_< I heard there was scaling? Any idea how it works?
Um no lol but some people from previous years who were in the same situation said that it always scaled amazingly.

jet

Banned
HSC
It had better!

Yay for calculus tomorrow... Last exam woot =D
Lucky, I have physics on monday but I am working tomorrow and sunday and going out to dinner with my mum in saturday night lol. I'm done caring.

neafoo

HSC
Yeah i still haven't had any exams. Tuesday + Wednesday. It's good cause you get to study more, but bad because you gotta wait out for the break for longer ;(~~~

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
goony what sohuld i study for the elec3305 final
tbh i can't really remember, but it was a fked exam mate. That said, i'm pretty sure he marked it really easy. I could only do like 1/3 of the questions and still managed to get 60-something for the course.

Now that i think about it, there was a whole question on fast fourier transforms which was supposedly pretty easy (you just followed the formula sheet).

There was also a couple on the Discrete Fourier Transform. The concept was easy, but as with all yash exams, the actual mathematical manipulation you have to do was pretty tricky.

Anyway, just go through all the tutorials and half yearly exam (for half of the content anyway) and you should be right. The textbook is pretty useful as well for practice q's

gl hf

jet

Banned
HSC
It doesn't look any better than my exam timetable? Just delayed by almost a week.
We were told we wouldn't be examined on the epsilon-delta definition of the limit, right?

jet

Banned
HSC
Nop.

Ah I'm so lost when it comes to sketching images like z |-> z-1/z. I also don't know how to show something is surjective :S

This is probably not the place to ask for help..
Ok thank god, that makes me slightly more relaxed :D

For surjective functions you could just find their range and show it fills the codomain. I don't think they'd ask you to sketch that image, I think the ones they generally ask are z^2 and e^z...

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeah only the one last year was written by our lecturer so I'm going off that as my main source of study. It really wasn't too bad last year either...

Did you go to the final lectures? I want to know what his exam solutions were like...

tanna

HSC
finished :)
hey, do you guys know if there's a way to check if a particular subject has lectures recorded? it would definitely come in handy while fiddling around with a timetable!

hope exams are going/went well for all you guys :)

spence

HSC
finished :)
hey, do you guys know if there's a way to check if a particular subject has lectures recorded? it would definitely come in handy while fiddling around with a timetable!
Emailing the lecturer is probably the best way to check.

On an unrelated note, has anyone got any experience with getting out of jury duty? It's expected to go into next semester so I'm guessing I'll be able to get an exemption, but has anyone done this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)