Semester 1 timetables 2011 (1 Viewer)

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
so we can be astrologists, duh! or maybe so I can do something I enjoy like french literature then retire comfortably as a kitchen hand in downtown paris

yeh sure, if you buy my textbooks and be my personal scribe

updated godly timetable

Lucky, I wanted that 2611 tute but I have a lecture at 10. My friend's in that tute :p

P.s. tell me what's in 2611 and 2614 tutes? :D since i have them both after you

glache

HSC
N/A
Gosh thats really depressing because usyd is supposed to be very reputable.
USYD I feel relies a little too heavily on its prestigious reputation. At first I thought it was just my experience, having studied in a very specific discipline, but it seems to be the case for a lot of other degrees (such as dent).

HSC2010

HSC
(First yr student here)

ok so on a Tuesday i have a MATH1001 tutorial at 11am and then like a 4 hour break until something else that day.

I'm not to keen on having that huge break so i looked up MATH1001 (http://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/tt...1&labelString=MATH1001&sessionId=1&campusId=1) and it seems to be on at 12 and 2pm on the same day.

Is it possible (at o-week) and would they let me get my timetable changed to one of these other tutorials later in the day on a tuesday??

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
(First yr student here)

ok so on a Tuesday i have a MATH1001 tutorial at 11am and then like a 4 hour break until something else that day.

I'm not to keen on having that huge break so i looked up MATH1001 (http://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/tt...1&labelString=MATH1001&sessionId=1&campusId=1) and it seems to be on at 12 and 2pm on the same day.

Is it possible (at o-week) and would they let me get my timetable changed to one of these other tutorials later in the day on a tuesday??
Have you tried doing this yourself by designating that 11AM timeslot as a no-go zone?

witide

HSC
Lucky, I wanted that 2611 tute but I have a lecture at 10. My friend's in that tute :p

P.s. tell me what's in 2611 and 2614 tutes? :D since i have them both after you
in our first lecture in pharmacy I'm going to yell out unco kane to grab your attention so we can become acquainted

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC

Ugh, lecture clashes. Good thing nursing lectures are recorded. Hoping to get Thursday lab changed to Tuesday 4-6pm but can't without drastically changing my timetable for the worse; otherwise skipping Tuesday.

akatsukisan

HSC
So for students from the Business School, if we were to go on Monday(21 Feb) to the computer labs at the Economics and Business building opposite the pool, would there be staff available on the day to make timetable changes?

blackratpoo

HSC
hi im first year and i wanna do as minimum uni as possible. call me a motherfucking houmbrella, i dont give a shit but would anyone be able to tell me subjects that have least amount of campus time (lectures + tutorials + labs etc.). oh, im doing sci degree. thanks

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Most good universities simple let you manually enrol in classes online. Most commonly, it's first in best-dressed and you'll get the classes you want. Of course, the students in higher years will already be able to enrol in classes quite some time before the first years come along so it essentially provides that sense of seniority that you're alluding to.

I believe UNSW, UWS, Griffith, UNE, UQ and Newcastle have a similar system to each other.

witide

HSC
more ideal would be letting everyone select their preferred classes and assign them after a certain deadline has passed

that way everybody gets a choice and it's not just who gets there first

classes could be added or removed if there is enough demand

can't see any down side to it

jet

Banned
HSC
more ideal would be letting everyone select their preferred classes and assign them after a certain deadline has passed

that way everybody gets a choice and it's not just who gets there first

classes could be added or removed if there is enough demand

can't see any down side to it
I'm told that's how it was done a long time ago.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
That's what UOW Commerce has been doing. Tutorials based on your top 6 preferences. Though I think they've changed the system this year.

People still end up complaining though. Especially if you get stuck with your 5th or 6th preference.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

speedofsound

HSC
So what happens if we turn up to a lecture we're not timetabled in for? Like if the exact same lecture is on at two different times in the day? I tried to change it today but for some reason it changed everything else around even though I had nothing else on at that time. How are they ever gonna know if I go to a different one?

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
So what happens if we turn up to a lecture we're not timetabled in for? Like if the exact same lecture is on at two different times in the day? I tried to change it today but for some reason it changed everything else around even though I had nothing else on at that time. How are they ever gonna know if I go to a different one?
Ugh, just go. No one cares. There's no fucking roll call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)