Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
what's a take home exam and what does one do with it? i've heard of them but never had them. how much research are we expected to do?
Sometimes take home exam is codeword for normal essay, or maybe two short essays. I've had "take home exams" that we had a month to work on, in which we were expected to do as much reading as we would for a standard essay.

Other times, I've had three-four days, and the exam has been based around the course readings.

So in conclusion, the definition of "take home exam" is contextually variable and fluid.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
So I did the thing where I went through my unit outlines and wrote all the assessments in my diary.

Slightly scary, although at least professional experience is pass/fail.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
Sometimes take home exam is codeword for normal essay, or maybe two short essays. I've had "take home exams" that we had a month to work on, in which we were expected to do as much reading as we would for a standard essay.

Other times, I've had three-four days, and the exam has been based around the course readings.

So in conclusion, the definition of "take home exam" is contextually variable and fluid.
what an utterly useless post then

negrep 4 u
hey not rly

heyyy you're alright!

ledzeppelin

HSC
So in Ancient History today in Eastern Ave Auditorium, a group of around 10 girls dressed totally in pink ran in, sang "I Touch Myself" in a circle around the lecturer and then ran out
Can anyone explain?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
So in Ancient History today in Eastern Ave Auditorium, a group of around 10 girls dressed totally in pink ran in, sang "I Touch Myself" in a circle around the lecturer and then ran out
Can anyone explain?
College, probs.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
what's a take home exam and what does one do with it? i've heard of them but never had them. how much research are we expected to do?
lol they're pretty much a joke. Sometimes they're just a second regular essay disguised in the outline as an "exam", but once I actually only got under 24 hours to finish.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
omg

i was trying to relax on the law lawns at that point in time

they killed the atmosphere

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Oh also what the shit is this jane russell foss or whatever building where theatresports is here tomorrow?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
College, probs.
yep it was the usual college 'initiation' wank. i love watching the geeky (non-slutty) ones who are at college because their families live in the country rather than for a social experience standing around looking awkward while the rest of them lurch around the campus in pink tights shrieking hysterically.
Oh also what the shit is this jane russell foss or whatever building where theatresports is here tomorrow?
the new one next to wentworth.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
This morning was so boring as had too many breaks and everyone was busy or hadn't had to come in yet :(

I was freaking about maths, but it seems like it will be quite logical and simple. I should really pick a higher level... meh

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
This morning was so boring as had too many breaks and everyone was busy or hadn't had to come in yet :(

I was freaking about maths, but it seems like it will be quite logical and simple. I should really pick a higher level... meh
Which maths? If it doesn't make a difference to your degree I'd highly recommend discrete instead of stats, some of the discrete stuff is fucking cool.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I'm not doing any stats, I'm doing dummy maths for people who intend to pursue a life science major and it's stuuuupidly easy. Like, one subject is Intro to Linear Algebra, lol. I spend most my time explaining it to my friend while he stares at me in panic as he didn't do maths in year 12... Hopefully it'll get better.

I'm probably only going to do chem and bio subjects next year anyway. I wish I'd done physics this year.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
does anyone know when subway and easyway are opening/if they have opened/where they are/will be?

Charizard

HSC
does anyone know when subway and easyway are opening/if they have opened/where they are/will be?
There used to be a subway coming soon sign in one of the vacant areas of the new building attached to wentworth.

I'm not sure if it's still going to be there though, haven't looked in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)