Share your 2010 ATAR here (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
These ATARs are looking great everyone. Congratulations to so many of you - your hard work obviously payed off.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
NOTE TO ALL YOU KIDS WHO DIDN'T MAKE THE CUTOFF -

APPLY FOR THE COURSE ANYWAYS, ATAR'S ARE INFLATED FOR ENTRY, YOU CAN DEFINITELY GET IN IF YOU'RE EVEN 3-4 ATAR BELOW THE CUTOFF. There is NO harm in making your initial wanted course your first preference. It is SILLY to randomly change your preferences only because you missed out by 2-3 ATAR.

A few mates of mine have gotten in with 5+ below the requirements, this includes high-demand courses like Commerce @ UNSW. There are also a few people who got into Law @ USYD with like 98.

Point is, do not change your preferences even if you got below the requirement, you may never know your luck.

Congrats to all.

super.muppy

HSC
woot got 96.6 happiest boy in the world. althouth both einstien and matric predicted 97.1. Still happy.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

APPLY FOR THE COURSE ANYWAYS, ATAR'S ARE INFLATED FOR ENTRY, YOU CAN DEFINITELY GET IN IF YOU'RE EVEN 3-4 ATAR BELOW THE CUTOFF. There is NO harm in making your initial wanted course your first preference. It is SILLY to randomly change your preferences only because you missed out by 2-3 ATAR.

A few mates of mine have gotten in with 5+ below the requirements, this includes high-demand courses like Commerce @ UNSW. There are also a few people who got into Law @ USYD with like 98.

Point is, do not change your preferences even if you got below the requirement, you may never know your luck.

Congrats to all.
I cannot echo your advice anymore. A friend at my school 2 years ago received an ATAR 2.5 below the cutoff for a course with a rather small cohort or class in the specific degree. She left it first the entire time, change things below it every now and then - In the third round, she got an offer.

Cut-offs are inflated to encourage people to get great marks, but people will defer, reject the offer and sometimes the class size is just increased.

Good luck to everyone.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
HAAAAAAAA GOT 90 WITHOUT MATHS!!!

On a more a serious note, matrix predicted 94 so yeah it's quite accurate.
And a more serious question, i'm 0.65 away from a course @ USYD, is there any chance they will pity me and let me in?
edit: so basically whats been said above

the courses are always based on demand. so if your course has a lesser demand than this year, there's a decent chance you'll get in. However, if there's a higher demand, then you might not. Basically, you don't know til you get the offer, but definitely put it down as your first option :) good luck!

Last edited:

Fleecedog

HSC

Congrats to all.
Thanks for that - I thought my USYD law dreams were dashed as my ATAR was conveniently 0.05 below last year's cutoff.

FINGERS CROSSED

minty388

HSC
was barely passing modern and english at one stage... and had my careers coordinator tell me id get between 80 and 85

to come out of that and get 91.55 rocked my world, and i have 5 bonus points at syd and macq... my day cant get any better!

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
95.75!

umax/einstein/cant remember what else i used - 96.00

not complaining though :D

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Einstein: 99.55
UMAX: 99.50
Talent Education: 99.45
Vision Education: 99.45
(yeah I went a bit overboard with the calcs)
Actual: 99.45

The last two were more accurate, surprising!

rm93

HSC
N/A
96.7 : )

umax: 96.3
Einstein: 97

so unexpected
(& to add to that, i got a band 6 in std English)

julz7196

HSC
haha i love our everyone who didnt get in the 90s is too embarassed to post their mark. I got 61 bitchessss

suling

HSC
Einstien: 99.45
Matrix: 99.30

Actual: 99.60

Erm...how did that happen? My school estimated 94.85 lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)