Should English be compulsory?? (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
The only reason i want the hsc to be over is so i dont have to do english ever again. All the other subjects are a piece of cake compared to english. English makes me wanna scratch my eyes out and feed them to an echidna

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah I cant say I miss hsc english at all.

So-joo

HSC
I feel 'meh' about English, but I suck so much at it - and I would rather pick a subject that would help me with my ATAR rather than stick to a compulsory subject that I know is going to let me down.

Tl;dr: English should not be compulsory.

cheese_grater

HSC
English sucks sooo bad especially when you have a male teacher who thrives on the past and Hitler.

I hate it cause i suck at it and I hate analysing movies to the core. WHO CARES!!

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
fucking yes! Why are there male English teachers that suck?
Well my best friend have a female teacher that's all about poverty and Uganda,discrimination, equity for everyone blah blah.... Once she had this lesson where she basically was discriminating against everyone with blue eyes so she made them sit on the ground;sent them out of class for no reasons; and basically said they're kicked out of the top class because they have blue eyes. It was hilarious! Some people cried! (we were in year 9) We were suppose to stand up for ourselves, nobody did lol

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well my best friend have a female teacher that's all about poverty and Uganda,discrimination, equity for everyone blah blah.... Once she had this lesson where she basically was discriminating against everyone with blue eyes so she made them sit on the ground;sent them out of class for no reasons; and basically said they're kicked out of the top class because they have blue eyes. It was hilarious! Some people cried! (we were in year 9) We were suppose to stand up for ourselves, nobody did lol
Hahaha that's so good.
Well I can say from my experiences males aren't meant to teach English. First one I had didnt even know what he was doing. Second one is a complete wanker. he didn't even help the advanced class during the holidays he spent 2 hours reading his hamlet lecture notes... Because he wants to fuck Shakespeare.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Hahaha that's so good.
Well I can say from my experiences males aren't meant to teach English. First one I had didnt even know what he was doing. Second one is a complete wanker. he didn't even help the advanced class during the holidays he spent 2 hours reading his hamlet lecture notes... Because he wants to fuck Shakespeare.
*insane giggle* OMG that's hilarious! But I disagree on the male teachers aren't meant to teach part.

I have an awesome teacher for chem. He's a male, but is really good. Apart from his wacky sense of humor that doesn't make sense half the time and his tendency to not look at anyone when he's talking to the class. (he looks at the roof.. literally or ground. It's so weird) Apart from that he's pretty cool :) and actually knows what he's talking about.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I had a great English teacher. He was male. I don't see why males can't teach English...?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
*insane giggle* OMG that's hilarious! But I disagree on the male teachers aren't meant to teach part.
I have an awesome teacher for chem. He's a male, but is really good. Apart from his wacky sense of humor that doesn't make sense half the time and his tendency to not look at anyone when he's talking to the class. (he looks at the roof.. literally or ground. It's so weird) Apart from that he's pretty cool :) and actually knows what he's talking about.
I only said English. All other subjects it doesn't really matter, but I do think I prefer the male chem teacher at my school to the female one, but only because she got pregnant when she was my science teacher in year 8 and I barely made it in the top 30 that year because I had some idiot guy that knew nothing and hated me. I knew more about the stuff I had never learned before than he did after he read the textbook... Cunt. But he was a sub so he doesn't count.

I had a great English teacher. He was male. I don't see why males can't teach English...?
you didn't get a band 6 for English advanced and you did ee2. You shouldve at least gotten a 90 if your teacher was good.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I only said English. All other subjects it doesn't really matter, but I do think I prefer the male chem teacher at my school to the female one, but only because she got pregnant when she was my science teacher in year 8 and I barely made it in the top 30 that year because I had some idiot guy that knew nothing and hated me. I knew more about the stuff I had never learned before than he did after he read the textbook... Cunt. But he was a sub so he doesn't count.

you didn't get a band 6 for English advanced and you did ee2. You shouldve at least gotten a 90 if your teacher was good.
EX2 skills =/= Advanced English skills

I suffered because of my inability to understand what Module C was about, and me trailing the first-placed person in my class by a good margin.

HSC
N/A
Yeah I don't sleep much, it's a waste of time. Why are you keeping track of what times I'm on?! 0_o
ahaha, no

My sleeping pattern is just really fucked up these days, so i'm up late too... and I just happen to notice you're on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)