Should Muslim Holidays be recognised in Australia? (1 Viewer)

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Our calendar year runs by public holidays??!?! Right, I plan my entire year around that 1 day off for Easter I'd get in my 2 week semester break. Hell, I remember in school I wasn't excited about the 6 weeks I had off for end-of-year holidays, it was that 3 days off for Christmas that made me jizz my pants.
Now for everyone else that doesn't ejaculate at the thought of Christmas, most schools and companies do run their financial years by taking note of the publc holiday 'blocks.' Granted my wording was incorrect, the point still stands.

And we're sick of you morons. Where did we say that Muslims deserve public holidays? I sure as hell never said it. Where did we say he was even partly right? Arguing that all religious public holidays should be abolished isn't the same as arguing that every religion has the right to establish their own public holiday you retard.
Yeah? Probably true, but in the context that crack whore Jeee is arguing it, it is as a compromise to say "you know, the man does have a point" which he doesn't, in both senses of the word.

Just because I call you both apologists doesn't mean you're bad at it, it just means you're ball-less cocksuckers who are too scared to come out and take sides with these idiots. I prefer people like Nebs and BBJ who have the balls to take a side over pussies like you who sit on the fence and/or apologise for dick heads like Nebs and BBJ xD.

Do you live under a rock? During Christmas there is a barrage of TV specials about Jesus, cunts knocking on my door and pamphlets fucking everywhere preaching the word of Christ. HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU CLAIM IT TO BE SEEN AS EVEN REMOTELY SECULAR?!
I'll admit that Easter has pretty much jack all to do with Christianity now but chances are that the majority of Australians still know it's about the rebirth of Christ.
Fuck, do you live in a small space wedged between two churches in the middle of an Australian version of Salt Lake City?! They must have just taken a particular liking to you.

Good Friday is about the only Christian holiday that has any connotations of Christianity left in it for most Australians, and that comes in the form of the Good Friday Appeal. Most of these holidays are now just standout public holidays where most stores stay open in order to take advantage of extra sales (as people rush to buy random shit for loved ones or for themselves for superficial reasons, not religious ones).

Napstar

Banned
HSC
Okay, why the hell would you talk to zazzy about it? That uleh doesn't know left from right. And you're narrow-minded. What shit debates you must have had.

Background/ethnicity is not the same as nationality. However, a person may possess one for the two.
Hahahahahahaha

You just called Cookie, of all the BOSers, narrow minded.

That really has to be the pinnacle of your stupidity thus far.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Now for everyone else that doesn't ejaculate at the thought of Christmas, most schools and companies do run their financial years by taking note of the publc holiday 'blocks.' Granted my wording was incorrect, the point still stands.
Right, this is the same as:
not only this, but they're also fully integrated into society now - our calendar year runs by them, our public and (most) private schools run their terms by them
You overestimate the the relevance of religious public holidays and then you're too much of cocksucker to admit that your assertion is simply incorrect. Well done.

Just because I call you both apologists doesn't mean you're bad at it, it just means you're ball-less cocksuckers who are too scared to come out and take sides with these idiots.
Right, I'm an apologist because I believe that all religious public holidays shouldn't be enforced by the government. How does that even make sense you dumbshit?
My second post in this thread contained:
As far as I'm concerned there should be NO religious public holidays. It's essentially vacation you're forced to take and which lowers your pay-packet. Want holidays? Negotiate with your employer
I'm an apologist though right? :spzz::spzz::spzz::spzz::spzz::spzz:
I prefer people like Nebs and BBJ who have the balls to take a side over pussies like you who sit on the fence and/or apologise for dick heads like Nebs and BBJ xD.
That's because those dipshits have about as much intelligence as you do.
Good Friday is about the only Christian holiday that has any connotations of Christianity left in it for most Australians
Maybe if you repeat that enough it'll actually be true! I'm sure that joe off the street doesn't know Christmas is about the birth of Christ at all. Idiot.

Last edited:

Napstar

Banned
HSC
Good Friday is about the only Christian holiday that has any connotations of Christianity left in it for most Australians
Ask the average dipshit what the June or October long weekend is for and they'll be like 'lol i dunno a day off work/school/nfi'

Ask them what Christmas Day is for, and even a 5 year old can tell you 'lol it's jesus's birfday!!!'

Tool.

simm!.

HSC
im muslim myself but i dont think our holidays should become a public holiday. each year theyre on different days which wud be confusing..and if one religion is allowed to have public holidays made for them then every other religion should aswell.

but i do think that if any person's religious holiday/celebrations falls on a work day then they should be allowed to take the day off without being fired or anything like that.

and that goes for all religions.

xo!

miaowsha

HSC
A LEADING Muslim spokesman has criticised new NSW laws that enshrine the rights of staff to refuse to work on Christian-orientated public holidays.

The State Government is banning most shops from opening on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Easter Sunday and Good Friday unless their owners can prove compelling demand from the local community. Sydney-based Muslim community spokesman Keysar Trad said workers of all faiths were entitled to a break and called for the two main Muslim public holidays to be recognised as well. "It does give the impression that we are a solely Christian nation and it raises the issue of other religions too, whether you are Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim," he said.

"I know Muslim workers face problems asking for their public holidays off work at the moment. "There are only two Muslim public holidays, so it is not a lot to ask."

more at
Muslims seek public holidays to celebrate faith | National News | News.com.au

What are your thoughts on this? Should it or should it not? If we should, should we also recognise other religious holidays as well?

I wonder if us atheists have any official holiday? :blah:
Yeah, the day that Christmas gets the "Christ" taken out of it and people just admit that they're going to be cremated/buried and then be in a jar/sprinkled somewhere/rot + decompose. National Atheist Admission Day. :p
Oh and when people realise that you don't need to be religious to have morals... It's funny I keep reaffirming my faith every time I meet a Christian girl who fucks more guys than my atheist friends put together bwahaha.

Screw religion before it screws you!

rokkuguhyo

HSC
We're not a Muslim country, why should we celebrate Muslim holidays?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Because ~60% of this secular country associate themselves with the label 'Christian'

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
???

/ill give you poorly executed

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I should cut back on my death threats to underage gurls

Much love
iron

Sprangler

HSC
We're not a Christian country, should we celebrate Christian holidays?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)