Situations in which teachers make themselves look like retards (1 Viewer)

terminator69

HSC
Tell me your stories.

I once had a teacher who used white board markers that could be refilled by placing them into little tubs. Pretty much the tub sits on the table and you put the marker tip-side down into the tub so it can restore the ink into the pen. A student once asked her if the tubs spill out licquid if you hold them upside down. The teacher claimed that they didn't, so she held one of the tubs high in the air and turned it upside down. It was OK for the first few seconds, then quite a lot of ink dripped out and splattered all over her desk. People started laughing but she was very serious and butthurt at her own stupidity. What a moron.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
One of the maths teachers wrote on a smartboard insisting it would rub off. Legend.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
My dad's teacher was doing the acid and alkaline show. He was supposed to drink the alkaline and accidently drank the acid.

Needless to say he was rushed off to hospital.

HSC
Uni Grad
My dad's teacher was doing the acid and alkaline show. He was supposed to drink the alkaline and accidently drank the acid.

Needless to say he was rushed off to hospital.
I'm not sure if you're being serious...

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
My careers adviser called me today to ask if I was coming in this Thursday and also to confirm if my ATAR was xx.42. I had to remind her that they go up by 0.05.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Our teacher once told us about the time he got lost in ikea, and couldn't get out for an hour. Every lesson after that someone would bring it up, and he'd get really angry. His fault for telling us.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
and the countless times we told the teacher that the marker was permanent. he never listened, and kept writing.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Bases/alkalis can be just as dangerous as acids e.g. NaOH is very caustic. Needless to say, no one should be consuming chemicals in a laboratory :S
This was like in the 70's - 80's.They did all sorts of stupid shit.

He was supposed to only take a gulp of red cabbage juice or something and my dad said he seemed shocked and didn't initally move to stop it pouring down his throat.

Pyrobooby

HSC
Getting sent out of the class for arguing the 1-butene molecule does not have 10 hydrogen atoms sticking off it.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Also my year 7-9 PE teacher told me you couldn't get cancer from second hand smoking.

I used to have so many arguements with her over it. She was such a dumb crap teacher.

She died years later from cancer. I hope it was from second hand smoking.

HSC
Uni Grad
Also my year 7-9 PE teacher told me you couldn't get cancer from second hand smoking.

I used to have so many arguements with her over it. She was such a dumb crap teacher.

Ahahaha pe teachers, I had one who wanted to know 13 x 3, we said 39 but she would only listen to the person who used a calculator.

Pyrobooby

HSC
Haha, reminds of my old Chem teacher...

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=239889

The thread doesn't work anymore but I ranted about how shit my chem teacher was, too many things to list...
Luckily this teacher was replaced after two weeks :L

Do you still have this teacher? Must suck to put up with it for a year and a bit now.

The abundance of shitty chem teachers is just lol. They all share the same traits too; its like they came out of the same "how to be a shitty chem teacher" course...

HSC
Uni Grad
Luckily this teacher was replaced after two weeks :L

Do you still have this teacher? Must suck to put up with it for a year and a bit now.

The abundance of shitty chem teachers is just lol. They all share the same traits too; its like they came out of the same "how to be a shitty chem teacher" course...
I organised the whole class to lodge a complaint and she was replaced as soon as a new teacher could be found (still shit but better than the bogan).

epicFAILx

HSC
I remember hearing that a science teacher was trying to talk about flowcharts. They said one can be a circle *hand gestures drawing a circle* and one can be round *hand gestures drawing a square*

GOLD!

andy69

HSC

lol people dying from second hand smoke is a load of crap is it even possible for you to die if you just stand around someone who was smoking and you smell and breathe the smoke into your body hell no. i mean hear me out how long does a first hand smoker take to die 30-40 years maybe, how long would it take a second hand smoker to die 200 years lol. second hand smoking is a load of bull.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)