• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Snoop Dog, Ice Cube and Bone Thugz (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
McLovin said:
Listening to music alone does not make you an expert on it. I use this actually quite simple terminology not to sound smart but with meaning idiot.

Texture is the layers of sound, rap music generally never changes this layer and keeps it constantly the same. Same instruments (that are actually not even played by a musician), same dynamics and same range and register.

Even those artists who are not so mainstream and there is very little difference between the two. The sublte difference is in the lyrics. By the way, enough of writing lyrics they do not prove any point at all... let me know of some rap songs that have diversity!
Something that changes! I am asking to be proved wrong here, I guess that is also being ignorant aswell though right?

shutup you listen to the fucking radio and then judge rap off that, no, don't u dare fkn say 'rap never changes its layer etc' like a pompous asshole if you havent explored the genre

why must i repeat myself for you to get it through your thick fucking head

stop replying

ok go check out:

the roots
the pharcyde
gym class heroes
nas
public enemy
old ice cube (ameriKKKas most wanted)
eric sermon
DJ Quik (who also produces very musical tracks)
talib kweli
mos def
immortal technique
old jay-z (reasonable doubt)
blackalicious
the cool kids
spank rock
old school bone thugs n harmony
old school scarface
UGK

to name a few, go REALLY explore their entire discographies. You can't be bothered? What's that? You'd rather stay with your mainstream idea of rap eh.

and most importantly, go check out OutKast and their entire discography, starting from southernplayacadillacmuzik and end with stankonia (check out love below if you want but you'll most likely write it off) actually, there's no point you are already filled with extreme bias and you seem like a thick headed close-minded cunt so it's no use, i guess growing up and delving into different types of art as you mature is the only way for you.

seriously, everything about your post screams 'misinformed typical hsc music student who predominantly listens to metal and is angry when he sees that its not doing as well on the charts as pop singers/pop rappers'

shithead said:
I have explored rap music with an open ear. My brother was obsessed with rap music when he went through his young teenage life 13-15, but he came to his senses and realised how repetitive the genre is.
oh cool your brother, when he was 15, listened to phase-induced mainstream rap? omg wow what an enlightened musical upbringing you must have had!

Last edited:

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
yes can we go back to the tour?

:(

why do i have a feeling i'm never going to get me some god damn tickets

this is klaxons all over again

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
hate you.

nah but i can't buy tickets.
1. don't have the money
2. can't purchase them.

and i would have really liked da chronic section. 400 on ebay.
do people really smoke up there?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
no, see what promoters do, is be all honkey and be like 'lol bling bling money aint a thang lol' when black pplz are involved so they named the good seats 'the chronic' it's just a name

everyone, everywhere in that building will be smoking weed lol

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
nah my brother actually yelled at me lol
he's like "you're seriously considering spending 400 fucking dollars on a section where people smoke pot n shit?" and yeh we had a row lol

but whatevvvss. oh well. as long as i'm there.
i guess
if everybody smoked a blunt, relieved the mind the world could be a better place..

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Rap is spelt with a silent c...
Get a real music genre.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Js^-1 said:
Rap is spelt with a silent c...
Get a real music genre.
\

lololololololololololololol.

i don't get it.

nah kidding, i do. crap.

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
she was joking u fucktard, you are a typical HSC music student that occasionally stumbles onto this forum and then talks shit and then gets e-demolished and has NOTHING, it happens alot.
Oh really? Man I did not realise that she was joking I thought she was being serious! :rolleyes:

"E-demolished" must be the lamest word I have ever heard. It is not talking shit it is talking about the subject of shit.. cRAP music.

I have not just listened to mainstream rap music, I have thoroughly explored rap music and have heard many underground rap artists and there is no variety once again... There is still no evidence in rap music having any sort of changes in their style and is blend. I believe you are the one coming up with NOTHING all the time, when your arguement is the SAME!

you're a giant clitoris!!!

Boxes

Banned
HSC
tbh hiphophooray, i agree with mclovin. i don't agree that rap is a bunch of meaningless words, but i do agree that you're pretty shit at arguing. you resort to insults to prove your case, but all that really does is make your case all the more flimsy.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Just because I like REAL music, doesn't mean that I have a 'closed' mind. The genre of Rap is an affront to music, and even calling it music is a bit of a misnomer. Rappers should just write their crappy, ill-rhyming poems instead of singing them.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
um my arguments the same because there is only one real argument, if you can't see something that's there (diversity) then you are lying when you say you have explored hip hop music....that or you really aren't as perceptive as HSC music students generally think they are.

what's worse than being a pretentious wanker? a wannabe-pretentious-wanker, in case you didn't notice, you are one of them.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Boxes said:
tbh hiphophooray, i agree with mclovin. i don't agree that rap is a bunch of meaningless words, but i do agree that you're pretty shit at arguing. you resort to insults to prove your case, but all that really does is make your case all the more flimsy.

do you really want me to sit here for 30 minutes and type out a long, formal, essay?

this is not a debating competition.

It is a bunch of 1-minute-replies to a bunch of little kids. which i do admit, is sad, but it is frustrating to know people still think like this and pigeonhole music, but i guess that's all they are, little unperceptive wannabe-wankers.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Js^-1 said:
Just because I like REAL music, doesn't mean that I have a 'closed' mind. The genre of Rap is an affront to music, and even calling it music is a bit of a misnomer. Rappers should just write their crappy, ill-rhyming poems instead of singing them.

o rly?

like what?

Boxes

Banned
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
do you really want me to sit here for 30 minutes and type out a long, formal, essay?

this is not a debating competition.

It is a bunch of 1-minute-replies to a bunch of little kids. which i do admit, is sad, but it is frustrating to know people still think like this and pigeonhole music, but i guess that's all they are, little unperceptive wannabe-wankers.
fair enough.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
o rly?

like what?
Haha nice spelling...How about any music that uses instruments? You may as well get rid of the shit singers in rap and just have the synthesized music. By the way, if its so lame to be arguing about it, why do you continue to do so?

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
Lost generation, fast paced nation
World population confront they frustration
The principles of true hip-hop have been forsaken
It's all contractual and about money makin
Pretend-to-be cats don't seem to know they limitation
Exact replication and false representation
You wanna be a man, then stand your own
To MC requires skills, I demand some shown
I let the frauds keep frontin
And roam like a celluar phone far from home
Givin crowds what they wantin
Offical hip-hop consumption, the 5th thumpin
Keepin ya party jumpin with an original somethin
Yo, I dedicate this to the one dimension-al
No imagination, excuse for perpetration
My man came over and said, "Yo we thought we heard you"
Joke's on you; you heard a bitin-ass crew but um..
This is how I represent I rock the mic 110 percent
It's intimate, I keeps the party moving like a imigrant
Binary Star, superstar its no coincidence
Every verse is intricate, this ain't a circus in a tent
We don't get down like them clowns and the kids
I'm use to being indegent, who said its all about the Benjamin's?
I wanna fortune, I wanna make music and hit the lottery
Fortunately my music is never watery
That's how its gotta be, as far as I can see
Maybe you should grab a telescope to see my veiw its like astronomy
It aint all about economy
so the fact that these wack emcees is making G's don't bother me
Honestly, my number one policy is quality
never sell my soul is my philosophy
High velocity, lyrics like Nastradamus make a prophecy
I told you cats a long time a go it ain't no stoppin' me
I bomb your set that's not a threat its a promise
Got everybody ridin' on my wagon like the Amish
But still I never claim to be a big rap star
So no matter who you are its still Allah who act God
Better believe this, most rappers can't achieve this
I'm bad to the bone but x-rays can't even see this
See I'm strategic I letcha money talk bullshit walk
While I keep it rollin' like parapalegics
Whoever's on the microphone let it be known
You in danger, I got next(necks) like the Boston Strangler
You ain't never heard an emcee speak like this
And Rodney King ain't never felt a beat like this
two best verses ever.. period.....

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
um my arguments the same because there is only one real argument, if you can't see something that's there (diversity) then you are lying when you say you have explored hip hop music....that or you really aren't as perceptive as HSC music students generally think they are.

what's worse than being a pretentious wanker? a wannabe-pretentious-wanker, in case you didn't notice, you are one of them.
What makes you think im a pretentious wanker? or wannabe- pretentious wanker?
The fact that I dislike rap music for many many reasons and there is proof in the mainstream and underground areas of this genre that there is little to no variety. Do you want me to spend my whole life searching for a rap song with more than 3 changes in terms of the concepts of music?

Looking for a good rap song is like a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)