So how long are your notes? (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
Now we're getting off-topic.. Perhaps I may create a biology marathon? What do you think robot?

Dylanamali

HSC
Oh my, my circle geometry needs work. And Dylan how do you keep it so short? I make mine detailed to gain a good understanding but I might just make a concise version.. Should I do this?
IMO, it's the best idea to keep them as short as possible.
At the end of the day, you don't want to have to spend 2 hours just reading through one module of your notes before an exam..

In terms of keeping it short, I filter out everything that is unnecessary -> utilise tables where applicable, lots of bullet points and illustrations to further aid in my understanding. Having gone through Bio HSC, it basically came down to how well you knew your content.. so I basically spent 90% of my time memorising and covering my notes until I knew them like the back of my hand. But even going through a whole module would usually take me 30-45 minutes with my length of notes, so just be careful how lengthy yours are.
The remaining 10% would be used for past papers and reading past model answers to develop exam technique.

Aysce

HSC
Yeah, I'm gonna try the table thing which would probably just summarise 1-2 pages into half a page.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
IMO, it's the best idea to keep them as short as possible.
At the end of the day, you don't want to have to spend 2 hours just reading through one module of your notes before an exam..

In terms of keeping it short, I filter out everything that is unnecessary -> utilise tables where applicable, lots of bullet points and illustrations to further aid in my understanding. Having gone through Bio HSC, it basically came down to how well you knew your content.. so I basically spent 90% of my time memorising and covering my notes until I knew them like the back of my hand. But even going through a whole module would usually take me 30-45 minutes with my length of notes, so just be careful how lengthy yours are.
The remaining 10% would be used for past papers and reading past model answers to develop exam technique.
sounds like good advice! thanks...I need to work on shortening my notes :)

Aysce

HSC
What should the recommended number of pages be for MAB? Keep in mind my notes also include the experiments and all the "Students learn to". I understand the content, its just that by exam time, I don't want to take hours revising the content.

Dylanamali

HSC
What should the recommended number of pages be for MAB? Keep in mind my notes also include the experiments and all the "Students learn to". I understand the content, its just that by exam time, I don't want to take hours revising the content.
i reckon max 20 pages, and have the ability to continually cut that down as your understanding increases. My notes also include all the pracs.

Here's a sample:

Attachments

mike12345678

HSC
lol u people have done heaps this holidays...

i finished MAB but ive got heaps to do with other subjects so i dunno how some ppl are up to their 4 module :/

Aysce

HSC
Probably just rushed through or have epic time management. I don't mind, my aim is to have finished all modules before trial time - around a month prior. Stepping up the game yo.

Aysce

HSC
Shipping out tomorrow to fiji ^_^

Aysce

HSC
Gonna come back tanned as hell :)

Back on topic, any comments on the length, quality or detail of the notes I've posted?

smartalec

HSC
lol. you don't need notes for bio. simply download ahmed shah idil's notes. no work in biology except skim over his notes = 86.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)