So how long is a long day...? (1 Viewer)

micuzzo

HSC
hey ppl...

Im doing mech engineering at UTS and sorting out my timetable. I have a choice of having a 6hour day (ie 6 in class), followed by a 5 hour day and one day a week off, OR two 5 hour days with no days off all week... however with an ugly 4 hour wait between classes on 1 day.

Im a bit unsure if 6 hours will be too much info to take in comprehensively on one day, so i dont know what to do.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

rx34

HSC
A long day for me is a 6 hour day. If I were you, I would choose the timetable that gives you a day off. During assignment time, that day off would be a life saver. There are also times you don't feel like going to uni every day.

A 6 hour day is not too long. In high school, classes were almost 6 hours too.

Zaza101

HSC
My longest day starts at 8:30am and fineshes at 5:30pm..so 9 hours, tho i have 2x 1hr breaks in between so its not too bad.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
A 6 hour day is pretty easy. Most of my days are around that. Last semester I had an 11 hour day.

untouchablecuz

HSC
6 hours should be alright, i mean, you went to school for six hours

i have 12 hours on wednesdays (but a day off on tuesday and 10am finish on fridays)

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I have two 8 hour days in a row (that's 8 hours of classes), with only a single one hour break. Plus side, I only have a three hour day on Thursday and a four day weekend :D

Last edited:

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
I cram as much into a day as I can, I've had a day from 9-6 with only an hour break. I am happy as long as I cut the number of days down, I like getting it over with.
like wise.

I think my longest day was 9-5 with a 2 hour break.

micuzzo

HSC
wow ok u guys are machines...

but when i say day i meant only of class time.. so like 6 hours soley in class, not including breaks inbetween.

bascially, if i have one day a week off, i can have one six hour day, two 5 hour days and one five and a half hour day. This does not include breaks. On the 6hr day I have one 1 hour break so that will make it 7hrs at uni... and on one of the 5hr days i have a 4hr gap between classes, so ill b at uni for like 9hrs..

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
9 hours class time, 2 hours break. Somtimes it would be a 1 hour break and 10 hours of classes, depending on whether I went to the optional PASS class. Either way, I had a 7 hour block of classes from 1.30 to 8.30

micuzzo

HSC
9 hours class time, 2 hours break. Somtimes it would be a 1 hour break and 10 hours of classes, depending on whether I went to the optional PASS class. Either way, I had a 7 hour block of classes from 1.30 to 8.30
wow, could you absorb all that info well...without going crazy...

micuzzo

HSC
^lol... well i guess 6hrs of class is much less than 10.

hmm.. its a hard decision for me.. im not sure if ill benefit more from having a day off and an average of 5hrs a day soley in class or no days off with two 3 hour days and the rest 5 to 5 1/2hrs in class.

micuzzo

HSC
^ yeah i guess it would be of great benefit... i think i can change my time table 2 weeks into sem so it should be ok...

if you done mind me asking, what do u study Absolutezero?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
if you done mind me asking, what do u study Absolutezero?
Creative Arts (Performance Production)/ Commerce.

We have a huge number of contact hours in CA Production, mainly because of rehearsals for shows, setting up the theatre, and extra pracs. Commerce is just simply commerce. :)

I think it was easier for me because I had some practical classes (albeit only four), instead of all just theory. But 6-9 hours of theory subjects is still managable. If you do the numbers, I still had 5 hours of theory.

Lydia_88

HSC
my longest day is wednesday 11-6pm (with an hour break)..but i have thursday and friday off :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)