So my teacher told me to stop giving ATAR Estimates... (1 Viewer)

victoria10

HSC
u gotta aim at an ATAR that you want/ the one that's needed for the course u wanna do, in this way u can work towards it and you might even be surprised with your results later in the year.
yeah i no im more aiming for something 70+
i only need over 60 to get into the design college i wanna go to but i still wanna try and get over it..

red-butterfly

HSC
We didn't get our ATARs estimated but you could tell the people who were going to do well anyway

twistedrebel

HSC
Dude you are obsessed with Scaling Process, how can you possibly give estimations based on p75/p25 when your school hasn't received a single band 6 in years (correct me if i m wrong about this, but i read this somewhere) if you cant get a band 6, it usually means you arent P75 material (depending on subjects of course) so stop misleading your classmates.

All your estimations are incorrect, the only way they could be correct if you got results from past years in school assessments and compared it to the percentile of the HSC. How could you possibly know how smart/dumb the rest of the state is. If you think p75 is a breeze you are nothing but an arrogant prick and will get destoried the HSC exams.

twistedrebel

HSC
Dude you are obsessed with Scaling Process, how can you possibly give estimations based on p75/p25 when your school hasn't received a single band 6 in years (correct me if i m wrong about this, but i read this somewhere) if you cant get a band 6, it usually means you arent P75 material (depending on subjects of course) so stop misleading your classmates.

All your estimations are incorrect, the only way they could be correct if you got results from past years in school assessments and compared it to the percentile of the HSC. How could you possibly know how smart/dumb the rest of the state is. If you think p75 is a breeze you are nothing but an arrogant prick and will get destoried the HSC exams

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
We got one last year, two the year before - so you should probably get your information right.

Besides, it's called - cohort variation - this year's is a good cohort, much better than last years and the like. That is why taking past results is bad due to the cohort variation.

And anyway, they are ATAR estimates for a reason - they aren't meant to be super-accurate, they are meant to be things you will beat, this is why I never estimate at P99 nor P90, as you can't tell. As in when I estimate at state average, I assume that the person is better than that, then if I estimate using the P25 - they should be much higher than that.

This is why anything lesser than 84 for me? Suicide.

saberbladexx

HSC
We got one last year, two the year before - so you should probably get your information right.

Besides, it's called - cohort variation - this year's is a good cohort, much better than last years and the like. That is why taking past results is bad due to the cohort variation.
Doesn't mean you're gonna be ripping off band 6s for you're subjects mate. Stop being over confident that you're going to get over p50 in subjects like MX1 and especially MX2 where the majority of the cohort in MX2 is from very high ranked schools.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
saber, I can try. Besides, P50 is state average - and I don't see why I can't get above state average. Besides, it's better to be optimistic.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I know, I know - I'm starting to appreciate it... such as staring at a question for half an hour, then realising what to do. But still, that kind of effort should be rewarded, hopefully!

twistedrebel

HSC

And anyway, they are ATAR estimates for a reason - they aren't meant to be super-accurate, they are meant to be things you will beat, this is why I never estimate at P99 nor P90, as you can't tell. As in when I estimate at state average, I assume that the person is better than that, then if I estimate using the P25 - they should be much higher than that.

This is why anything lesser than 84 for me? Suicide.
saber, I can try. Besides, P50 is state average - and I don't see why I can't get above state average. Besides, it's better to be optimistic.
#1 i said i read somewhere, so i might be wrong. I am mistaken, but 3 band 6's in 2 years is nothing to be pround of, you are really underestimating the states average, there barely any "dumb" students in MX1, MX2. Your co-hort will have to get 20-30 band 6's.

I'll warn you getting P50 is no walk in the park, ask any past students.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
lol. If a student wants an estimate, then by all means give them one :cook:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
#1 i said i read somewhere, so i might be wrong. I am mistaken, but 3 band 6's in 2 years is nothing to be pround of, you are really underestimating the states average, there barely any "dumb" students in MX1, MX2. Your co-hort will have to get 20-30 band 6's.

I'll warn you getting P50 is no walk in the park, ask any past students.
hahah nah the state has some rpetty dumb people.

the states average might as well be retardation

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
And anyway, they are ATAR estimates for a reason - they aren't meant to be super-accurate.
They're not meant to be misleading either. :rolleyes:

Ever considered this is why your teacher told you to stop?

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
So your school only got 3 band 6's in all subjects across the board in the past two years?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Aerath, I think my teacher told me to stop probably because of the betting, instead of the actual estimate. Although next week is a great week to ask on the decision.

Arcorn, yes, because it's a new school and we've only had two previous HSC cohorts.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Aerath, I think my teacher told me to stop probably because of the betting, instead of the actual estimate. Although next week is a great week to ask on the decision.

Arcorn, yes, because it's a new school and we've only had two previous HSC cohorts.
Richard Johnson Anglican High?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)