So... where do you work?? (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
I noticed alot of threads about whats a good job and pay etc.. but theres no list of where people work?
Maybe if you are looking for a job in a place someone here works there and they can help :D
I work at woolworths.. on checkouts
i also work in bakery and deli if i have to.. and sometimes get forced with variety shifts (but its not too bad cuz theres less customer interaction)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i work in a small italian cafe/bakery (we dont make bread anymore) called il gianfornaio. im slowly learning how to make coffees and i serve people and make some of the food. its not too much hard work, the pay is pretty good and the people are nice.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i work at officeworks glebe, pays alright, ppl r really nice, even the store manager's nice. but they're really tight on getting free stuff :D:p

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
I work at Coles Nightfill. It's not good because i work when people are a sleep.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
I work at Pasta Zu which, as the name suggests, serves Italian stuff. It's good becuase I like the food. :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I work in my parents pizza restaurant... I do pretty much anything and everything... my fav thing is making coffees and drinks and that's what I do most of the time. I also serve customers a lot, do the kitchen, cut stock up, cut pizzas, use the friers, clear tables, clean... lotsa stuff.

It's not that bad a job except for the hours. I work from 11pm till 7am on Fridays and Saturdays!!! We are open for dinner and late all nite for hungry drunk people.

For the person who does Nightfill, what hours do you work and how much do you get paid? The hours wouldn't bother me hugely because I am pretty used to wacky hours.... just curious.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
alot of nightfill people at my work do 8pm-midnight..
u get paid like according to ur age.. i think 18 year olds at woolies get around $13 an hour.. but u get paid extra loading because you are working out of normal hours (i know i get paid more if i work past 9..)
ill ask someone about it.. one of my supervisors does it sometimes
its basically putting things on shelves..
they do it at most supermarkets and shops like big w, k mart, target etc

guy

HSC
i work at cinemas and with lord of the rings being so long i work heaps till 12:30

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh

For the person who does Nightfill, what hours do you work and how much do you get paid? The hours wouldn't bother me hugely because I am pretty used to wacky hours.... just curious.

I guess your referring to me than.

I usually work from 10pm - 2 or 3 am

Pay varys from day to day meaning that you get paid more on the weekend than during the week.
But the Average would be about $14-15 hr after Tax

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
uncle's chinese restaurant, from 5 - 10pm (11pm on fridays and saturdays)

suz

HSC
Yeah your job sounds heaps good
I on the other hand work at Mcdonalds, it's not too bad and the crew are the best!!!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Work at
Grace Bros - electrical dept

full of big boys toys :D

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Hmm... can't you get a wooolworths internal transfer to a store in the blacktown/quakers hill area.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
i'm trying to get a job at coles. :eek:
same here!

but now i gotta play the waiting game, and the waiting game sux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)