So... where do you work?? (1 Viewer)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by natstar
I dunno...can u work at 2 different woolworths at the same time. Im actually not resigning from my original woolworths so im not sure, but id rather not work at woolworths if i cant help it
I don't think you can both at once unless there both in the same suburb. Also when you transfer you have to quit your original woolies to go to the new one. I think to transfer you have to ask your store manager for a transfer form.
But if you want to quit altogether i suggests you look for work in a bar or club as there's always vacancies.

Originally posted by freaking_out
i'm trying to get a job at coles.
You can try my store they always need Nightfillers cause of the high turnover rate.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I work at Woolies too... I'm 17 and don't get anywhere near $13!
I get like $9 somethign an hour. Bleh.
I'm quitting soon, to go to uni.

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I work at Woolies too.......
I'm also 17 and we prolly get $9.9274 an hr
Time and a half on Sundays and double and a half on pub. holi. like wen i worked on Aust Day.
I work at checkouts and hate it. I had $50 missing from my register!

Glitter Burns, y r u quitting to go to uni?
They can rearange ur roster can't they?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by jezzmo
guy ... what do you do at the cinema and how did you get the job? (ie. need work exp of any kind?)

i used to work at the movies, so i'll tell you my experience. :)

i was very lucky, in that i put in an application on friday (i just walked up to the box office and asked for one) and got called on saturday. i then had an interview, which was the same as you'd get with any job, and i bought a couple of copies of my resume with me (i always do when job hunting anyhow, it shows you're keen and organised). i worked at hoyts broadway, and you didn't need any prior experience [unless you want to work in projection, you have to be 18 and have experience]. they trained us on the job, initially in the candy bar and on 'floor', which involved cleaning + checking cinemas, cleaning toilets (where i worked all that involved was sweeping the floor basicaly), tearing tickets etc. generally once you'd been there 4-5 months they trained you on the box office.so yeah, basically your duties will most likely involve cleaning, tearing tickets, checking cinemas, making queues, making popcorn, selling food etc. nothing too difficult, but it does get stressful when it's reeeeally busy (ie: when matrix reloaded came out). personally im glad i don't work there right now, but it was fun, as far as working goes.

sorry for the novel. ;-p

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
on another note, i got offered a job at muffin break. anyone worked there? should i take it or run like hell? i used to work at bakers delight and it sounds the same, only with more coffee, and (based on its location in the same centre)less opportunity for cigarette breaks :p

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
i work as a lifeguard and birthday party girl at the local aquatic centre...its sic! i do nothing all day and get paid heaps well.....:)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
on another note, i got offered a job at muffin break. anyone worked there? should i take it or run like hell? i used to work at bakers delight and it sounds the same, only with more coffee, and (based on its location in the same centre)less opportunity for cigarette breaks :p

my friend works at muffin break.. she loves it
everyone there is a teenager besides the owners.. only works 3 hour shifts a couple of weekdays and sometimes weekends
pays alright..
learn to make coffee and stuff.. good experience if u want to work in a cafe later on

Mike iE

HSC
I used to work at The Glaciarium Ice Skating Rink @ Norwest in skate hire. It was a great job, i'd give out skates for the first 30mins of the session, then stand around and occasionally sweep up things for the next hour, then collect skates in the last 30mins of the sessions. In between sessions i'd fill up the ice cutting machine. Best Bludge Job Ever. Unfortunatley the place is going bust, so they were cutting down on the number of staff per shift and i havent had a shift for 3 months, so i sort of got the message that i wasnt needed anymore... i was getting $10 an hour is basically stand there.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
u go to marian? hahahahahahaha
no comment
i think ive been to ur bands website as a link from another bands site.. probably astin
blah
anyway back on topic

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
my friend works at muffin break.. she loves it
everyone there is a teenager besides the owners.. only works 3 hour shifts a couple of weekdays and sometimes weekends
pays alright..
learn to make coffee and stuff.. good experience if u want to work in a cafe later on

yeah, it sounds like the kind of thing i want, hoyts probably pays better but i don't want to be working 8-10 hour shifts all the time

Mike iE

HSC
whats your beef with marian ?

i'm not in the band anymore, astin.... no comment

anyway

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
yeah, it sounds like the kind of thing i want, hoyts probably pays better but i don't want to be working 8-10 hour shifts all the time
yeh especially when they do movie marathons and ur expected to work from like 11pm to 7am.. thats not fun
marian.. i just dont like that school lol
i have some girl called tracey on my msn from there.. and i know melanie who used to go there (oakhill now)

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
I work at a Chartered Accounting firm based in Parramatta as an Auditor.

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Malazn Pleasure
I work at a Chartered Accounting firm based in Parramatta as an Auditor.
Explains why I nearly found you boring then :p

Do you work full-time/study part-time or Study full-time and work part-time or another arrangement all together?

... wait a minute. You're an Auditor? Don't you need a qualification? When did you finish?

Slimeboy

HSC
Originally posted by babygoose!
i work as a lifeguard and birthday party girl at the local aquatic centre...its sic! i do nothing all day and get paid heaps well.....:)
What things do you need to become a lifeguard?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Does anyone know anyone that works at Subway? Is it a good job? I have an interview for a new city subway store when I move to Sydney.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Originally posted by Nupil
Explains why I nearly found you boring then :p

Do you work full-time/study part-time or Study full-time and work part-time or another arrangement all together?

... wait a minute. You're an Auditor? Don't you need a qualification? When did you finish?

i am as boring as you can get. just think of professor frink from the simpsons and thats wat i am

i work full time, study part time. no u do not need qualifications as i am undergraduate and i get fully trained. i hv another 3 years of uni part time left before i graduate

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
My friend works as an auditor for the government and shes only in her 2nd year at the moment. Well 2nd year of a 6yr part time course *shrug* She gets damn good money too... and a laptop!

Me.. currently doing casual work for Mystery Shoppers International... Only got it the other day! And yes.. i get PAID to SHOP!
^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)