So... where do you work?? (1 Viewer)

Matthew_152

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Malazn Pleasure
I work at a Chartered Accounting firm based in Parramatta as an Auditor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also been applying for accounting trainee jobs...but cant get one...what sort of UAI did u get and do u have any tips?? I know working full time and studying part time would suck, but u get paid very well and hav so much experience already by the time u leave uni.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
do ppl still offer you traineeships when you're in second year?

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Originally posted by Matthew_152
I work at a Chartered Accounting firm based in Parramatta as an Auditor.

I have also been applying for accounting trainee jobs...but cant get one...what sort of UAI did u get and do u have any tips?? I know working full time and studying part time would suck, but u get paid very well and hav so much experience already by the time u leave uni.
i didnt get a very high uai but good results 1st yr uni. i suggest u apply for jobs after 1st yr uni.

yeah they offer u traineeships during 2nd year.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by Courtenay
At the moment i'm working in a boarding school in England
so like do they pay for ur accomodation meals and stuff.. u just had to pay for the airfares? i read once they do that if u want to go to america for their summer camps
i would love to do something like that.. how did u find out about it

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
i get board and food free, plus 325 per month (800/900 aussies dollars) pockets money.
Depends how you get into it how much it costs. It is expensive to do it through and organisation, butr i organised mine privately so i payed airfair only.
I live and eat in one of the boarding houses with the girls, and the ones in my house are my age (well close to it) so its like living with friends, which i am enjoying. I do jobs like working in the office, house duty (marking names off for bed), study supervision, art/music block supervision, and soon will only set up one breakfast a week. Personally i get sunday, monday off, and i don't start work till 7pm on tuesdays. On saturdays we get sent to matches, but have the evening off.
Its a good deal, and we are some of the best paid gappies around.
I just wrote to schools to find a placement, however most prefer to take those who have gone through GAP association because of the support network...I think thats about all there is to it

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
that is so bloody fantastic.. im so jealous now
do u need to be 18 to be doing it or can u be 17.. cuz ill only be 17 when i finish school
how did u find out about it urself? and when did u apply for it?
im so considering looking around for something like that.. it sounds like mad fun

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Originally posted by Matthew_152
Malazn Pleasure, what sort of marks did u get in first year uni to be offered the traineeship?
C to D Average

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
You need to be 18 by January 1st. So if you aren't theres not much point looking.
Look up Boarding schools online and just write to heaps of them...make sure its a good polite email though.

Rahul

Dead Member
most cadetships/traineeships are decided before you begin first year. you have to be doing a bachelor degree with an accounting major.

have a look at the contacts here: http://www.icaa.org.au/entry/index.cfm?menu=153&id=A100281192#north

try to apply for KPMG, PWC, etc.. the main ones. but by all means send your resumes to all! hmm...not just yet tho. :D

i had gone to a couple of interviews. i had the opportunity of doing it, but declined in the end. too much pressure on my studies. the pay is generally ~23K.

but at the moment, i am working as a tutor and soon to be a GOOD GUY!! (na na na na na na...come in and see the good good good guys!) i'll be working in warehousing.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by Courtenay
You need to be 18 by January 1st. So if you aren't theres not much point looking.
Look up Boarding schools online and just write to heaps of them...make sure its a good polite email though.
i was reading through the gap australia site today and it says that 17 year olds can do things.. but not everything
schools is one of them

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i work at a restaurant two nights a week, ~5.5 hours a shift and i get $55/shift

i also have two jobs at my retirement village and it's 14.43 standard rate + loading, x1.5 on saturdays and x1.75 on sundays, x2.5 for public holidays

i just do kitchen work and a tiny bit of care staff work so i don't have to like clean bums and shit etc

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
funny.....ppl get paid more sitting down than standing up
that is so true, speaking from the experience. but sitting all day is as annoying as standing all day.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
it isnt ref to anyone

maybe i speak in general now....but girl imma gona do watever just to keep that grin on u now....

. : 2at4u : .

I work at RawNRG Thredbo as a Downhill Mountain Bike Instructor during the Summer school holidays. I ride/race when im not working anyway, and i get paid to do what I love doing, and teach others :) (cant argue with $500 a week to ride my bike)
My Bike
Hard at work..
:cool:

Last edited:

jesshika

supreme being
im with a vodafone store at blkwn.
im the sales person so i sell mobiles accessories and i set people up with plans they want to go on..

right now, im getting paid abt 60bux a day.. and i work abt 5-6 hoursz... i have had no experience nor any previous job only 3 days training at the store. so i am working and learning at the same time..

apparently theyve training a lot of people?? becasue in the near future they plan to open up more stores around sydney and appoint trained staff as managers of some storess..
!!
wellz, just gotta wait and find out aye?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)