So who didn't title their story (1 Viewer)

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
a title is not required or specified

aand in exemplar responses the high range and mid range kids they showed didn't have titles

it's cool

jaimebien

HSC
Seriously people, you're marked based on content. Title isn't content.

johony

HSC
Seriously people, you're marked based on content. Title isn't content.
too many students fussing over flippant, banal details. i know people want awesome marks, but this is hilarious..

AnyaElude

HSC
I never title mine and it's my best section in the exam. I did restart it three times though and I think I've done better in the past. I didn't much like the stimulus this time.
As for the visual text at the beginning, I said they used composition, that the three pairs of hand holding the house represented the relationships that create a single home.
Possibly a whole heap of bullshit, but it's English so ....

matttayl

matskiez'
HSC
i titled mine cos i wasnt sure......the title was pretty shit and unoriginal, 'the good soil'

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The absence of a title is representative of the disconnection between the composer and the responder in a contemporary, post-modernist society, emphasising an individual's struggle for meaning. As such, fragmentation of understanding and connection between the composer and responder acts to accentuate the importance of understanding in creating a sense of belonging. Individual's perceptions of belonging may vary according to the paradigmatic tendencies of their contexts. Since there is no title, this establishes the notion that a sense of belonging is not a fixed notion; an individual's understanding of themselves in relation to belonging is subjective.

Last edited:

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
haha in my story i made sure to include a 'plan' which was in other words just showing how various stuff in my story was connected to the stimulus - now that i look back on it though im not sure that i made the connections explicit enough in the actual story but oh well

kwabon

Banned
HSC
The absence of a title is representative of the disconnection between the composer and the responder in a contemporary, post-modernist society, emphasising an individual's struggle for meaning. As such, fragmentation of understanding and connection between the composer and responder acts to accentuate the importance of understanding in creating a sense of belonging. Individual's perceptions of belonging may vary according to the paradigmatic tendencies of their contexts. Since there is no title, this establishes the notion that a sense of belonging is not a fixed notion; an individual's understanding of themselves in relation to belonging is subjective.
lol, no one is gonna figure that out unless you mentioned it in your creative, somehow. :-S

jessicalysenko

HSC
page count: 7/9/13...

my hand was about to fall off by the end ><

thank god I read the last question... ONE related.... fewf!

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
I had a title in mind but it was completely unrelated to the stimulus so I didn't bother.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Does it actually specify in the marking criteria that the imaginative writing piece must be titled?

I didn't, so i hope not.

alisondance

HSC
Heh. There's always like a thousand people every year.

Also, how many related/prescribed texts did your essay contain?

What Technique did you say the hands holding the house encapsulated.

Page counts.

8/9/6 here.
i didn't as i didnt write a story. no where in the question did it specify a story. it said creative piece of writing...

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
None of the exemplar (full marks) creative responses in the Standards Packages are titled (either for Advanced English or Ext 1). A title is not necessary at all.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You don't have to give your story a title, but it can be a good way to tie up your ideas if your story is a bit ambiguous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)