Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
How did I know it would be some smartarse comment or picture?

Gees HeCtic if we're going to be looking at it for a month why not stick one in thats easy on the eyes? :rolleyes:

HeCtic said:
But yeah, to sum it all up:

Thanks for the great memories Patrick, and may you never win another trophy again.
I'm sure his feeling the love.

Ben or anyone else - News on Crouch? I didn't mind him coming so much but if it's for 8million....Please No!!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
There hasn't been that much news on the Crouch front, but koptalk members have been rather worried. Rafa said that Crouch was a player he liked, and that he'd try to bring him in. That was a couple of days ago. Soton are asking for 9mil and we had our 7mil rejected.. so I'm putting 2 and 2 together. I hope Rafa's scared off by the price though.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
How did I know it would be some smartarse comment or picture?

Gees HeCtic if we're going to be looking at it for a month why not stick one in thats easy on the eyes? :rolleyes:
I'm amused everytime I see it. Good enough for me!!

matt seems to like it too.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Hahahaha love that new sig Hectic.

So now Arsenal will have plenty of money to spend, haven't heard any linkz yet, any other candidatez fo Vieiraz replacement than Jenas...?

Crazy Horse

HSC
Benny_ said:
There hasn't been that much news on the Crouch front, but koptalk members have been rather worried. Rafa said that Crouch was a player he liked, and that he'd try to bring him in. That was a couple of days ago. Soton are asking for 9mil and we had our 7mil rejected.. so I'm putting 2 and 2 together. I hope Rafa's scared off by the price though.
Keep your fingers crossed. It'd be funny if he comes and does a great job for us....we'd all be eating humble pie.

HeCtic said:
I'm amused everytime I see it. Good enough for me!!
I was kidding HeCtic :D

^___^
HSC
HeCtic said:
I'm not sure the Baptista deal is dead either. Especially now we have the money for a bumper move.
well he did say he wants to stay in spain for an extra yr
you just hope Barca don't get him

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Baptista is an AM/Striker, so if he's going to be replacing Vieira, I imagine Arsenal would be overhauling their beloved 4-4-2.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Benny_ said:
Baptista is an AM/Striker, so if he's going to be replacing Vieira, I imagine Arsenal would be overhauling their beloved 4-4-2.
Possibly. We saw glimpses of tinkering in the Cup Final, so maybe Wenger wants to try something different in his shake up of the team. Where Hleb and Fabregas fit into this I'm not sure at all.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
As good attacking football as Arsenal can manage in the EPL, the main thing which deters people from Arsenal would be there lack success on the continent. Wenger has figured out how to dominate domestically but still hasn't found the formula for Europe. If Rafa can win the ECL with a first team containing Finnan, Traore and Dudek, clearly Wenger has the players in his squad.

And look at the people (from Spain) flooding into Liverpool.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
You picked a great time to come back to this thread flyin'. Not surprised about your chosen topic of conversation either.

Haha.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
From the Spanish newspapers:

Arsenal Agree Fee With Sevilla for Baptista
Baptista is a step nearer to being a Arsenal player, after the Sevilla and the English club had reached an agreement for their transfer according to Spanish newspaper Marca. All it lacks now is the player to agree personal terms before the player switches clubs.

The exit of Baptista was only a matter of time, after the latest statements of the president of sevilla José Mar*a Nesta, in which he assured that “a player that is not comfortable in a club always manages to go. I carry only 20 years in the world of the soccer and I know in this case Baptista is not one of them”. For that reason, the Sevillian board has been seen obliged to be sat down to negotiate with the Arsenal and to arrive at an agreement, since the player was determined to abandon the team.

With Arsenal selling Patrick Vieira for £14 Million, the funds of the transfer can be used to purchase the Brazilian.

and

Seville reaches an agreement with the Arsenal to transfer Baptist
Dani Pinilla · Seville

Baptist is to a step to become new player of the Arsenal, after Seville and the London set reached Thursday an agreement after their crossing. Only lack that the player gives yes the Arsenal, something that, if everything passes as it is predicted, one will take place in the next hours, since the economic supply that has received is very succulent.

The exit of Baptist was an announced chronicle, mainly, after the last declarations of sevillista president Jose Maria of the Nest, in that he assured that "a player who is not to taste in a club always he is able to go away. I have been only 20 years in the world of soccer and I do not know any case in which this is not thus ". For this reason, the Sevillian set has been forced to seat to negotiate with the Arsenal and to reach an agreement, since the player was determined to leave the equipment.

To Seville this situation has not pillado to him in out of play, since after all the rumors arisen in the last months on the interest of several equipment in taking control of the services of Brazilian (the Athletic one of Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid have been those that have insisted more), the hispalense club moved in the market to look for a substitute of guarantees. Thus, Enzo Maresca will be now the one in charge to make forget Baptist.

Fresh money
The Arsenal, on the other hand, after collecting 20 million euros by the sale of Patrick Vieira to the Juventus, it has been sent decidedly to take control of the services of Baptist, a player by whom Arsene Wenger, technician of ` Gunners' feels a special predilection from kill time. He is a player who has the profile that wishes the trainer: adapted young person and to European soccer.

Iffy translations but you get the gist.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LFC.TV Awards: Best Midfielder of the Season

1. Steven Gerrard: 56,561 votes
2. Xabi Alonso: 8,546
3. Luis Garcia: 3,543
4. Dietmar Hamann: 2,365
5. Igor Biscan: 208
6. Harry Kewell: 124
7. Vladimir Smicer: 108
8. Antonio Nunez: 33
9. Salif Diao: 28
10. Robbie Foy: 23
11. Anthony Le Tallec: 19
12. Richie Partridge: 12
13. John Welsh: 8
14. Mark Smyth: 7
15. Darren Potter: 4

People who voted players listed 5 and onwards - Have those people NO BRAINS??
I'm aware people would do it as a joke or people who don't actually watch the matches vote without any idea but come-off it...... I don't even count Diao as a footballer - HOW CAN 28 PEOPLE VOTE HIM BEST!!!!

Oh and places 1 & 2 should be switched in my opinion :D

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
LFC.TV Awards: Best Midfielder of the Season

5. Igor Biscan: 208
EEEEEEEEGGGGGGGOOOORRRRRRR!!! :D :D

Cheers for last season & all the best for the future m8! :)

Crazy Horse

HSC
... - Have to admit the Gerrard/Alonso pairing is one of the best in Europe.

Ah can't wait for the season to begin!!! All this talk is getting me excited!! Anyone else dying for the leagues to start??

I'm thinking thats our starting XI.......

------------------Reina-------------------

---Finnan----Carragher----Sami---Riise---

---Garcia-----Xabi-----Gerrard-----Kewell---

---------Cisse--------Morientes/Baros--------

I'm guessing Morientes will probably start before Baros. Realistically I don't know if we can win the PL but I sure as hell think we'll be up there. Also there's no way that there will be a 30point gap between us and the leaders.

I'm thinking that Chel$ki will probably win the League, Arsenal 2nd and we'll come in 3rd but we'll have to wait to see all the transfers complete before an idea can really be formed.

The lack of depth that HeCtic mentioned a little while back is being dealt with. I think most places are covered except we don't have a good CB to cover for Carra and Sami...

I think the Liverpool site said a few more signing will be happening so maybe Milito, Figo, Crouch? With the signings already made and if those I mentioned occur than it'll make us much more diverse.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
lol.. funny to hear a United fan brag about MFs these days. Who have you got that's so special other than Ronaldo? Keane/Giggs/Scholes are past it.. Essien doesn't look like coming... Park hasn't yet played... then what are you left with? Is Djemba-Djemba still there? :rolleyes:

We're being strongly linked to Upson, Militio, Andrade and maybe Gallas. Personally I'm hoping for Gallas. Hopefully our 3 signings will be Owen, Gallas and Figo. I wonder if £20 will be enough to pick up both Gallas and Owen...

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
From the Spanish newspapers:

Arsenal Agree Fee With Sevilla for Baptista

With Arsenal selling Patrick Vieira for £14 Million, the funds of the transfer can be used to purchase the Brazilian.

and

Seville reaches an agreement with the Arsenal to transfer Baptist
Dani Pinilla · Seville

Iffy translations but you get the gist.

I missed this entire post? How does that work?

God if you get Baptista - you'll all be jumping for joy and even the Pat faithfuls will have to admit that it would be a great move for the club.

Just hope that No Stevie G type turn-around occurs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)