• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I visited www.premierleague.com and saw that Fantasy Premier League is now back for season 2005/06. Could someone please set up a BOS league because I have no idea what I am doing. I look forward to trying to defend my title! :) .

Man Utd will also have a new blue away strip this season. I like it alot better than the black :) .

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Mourinho wants 2 top class players for each position. He now has Cole/SWP on the right, and Duff/Robben on the left. Frightening prospect.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
how are you gonna fit SWP, duff and robben into the same team at the same time...

in other news, roman ran out of things to buy so he decided to get george dubya's bullet-proof campaign bus for the chelsea team to travel, at a price of 1.5mil.... lol
Don't foget Joe Cole.
Well their midfield iz already packed, one thingz fo sure, not everyone will be happy.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I would of thought they would bring in a backup striker for Drogba, Eider and Crespo. Cole is good but that only leaves 4 fit strikers, unless they use that Oliviera bloke or have one of the mids play in a supporting role.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Maybe Mourinho's looking to use SWP as a striker? He's been pretty successful when he's played there for City.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
matt#1 said:
I visited www.premierleague.com and saw that Fantasy Premier League is now back for season 2005/06. Could someone please set up a BOS league because I have no idea what I am doing. I look forward to trying to defend my title! :) .

Man Utd will also have a new blue away strip this season. I like it alot better than the black :) .
Just letting everyone know a BOS fantasy comp has been setup, visit the sticky on the front page of the sport section to rego. Or for the lazy asses > http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=77996

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Still a while before the season starts. Wouldn't want to pick Ferdinand one day for him to go to Real the next ;)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Bolten signing Mexican international Jared Borgetti is a great move imo ... an excellent header of the ball ... Arsenal signed very well with Hleb and Baptista (crosses fingers), cant wait for epl to start !!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
RUB!X said:
Bolten signing Mexican international Jared Borgetti is a great move imo ... an excellent header of the ball ...
That header Borgetti scored against Italy at the last WorldCup: Unbelievable! :cool:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
AcStyle* said:
That header Borgetti scored against Italy at the last WorldCup: Unbelievable! :cool:
i know! he is very good in the air and seems to score from headers all the time.

Lyon has revealed that Chelsea will have to pay 45million to get Essien. Surely Chelsea won't pay that much for him?? A midfield already featuring Lampard, Makelele, Robben, Duff, Cole and SWP is already frightening enough! :eek:

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Fergie and Mourinho both believe that Arsenal control the fixture list

WELCOME TO THE CLUB, JOSE

Jul 17 2005

FERGIE BACKS BLUES CHIEF IN ARSENAL ROW

Simon Mullock

SIR ALEX FERGUSON has reignited his war of words with Arsenal by backing Jose Mourinho's claim that the Gunners have too much influence on the English game.

Chelsea boss Mourinho sparked controversy last week by suggesting that Gunners vice-chairman David Dein wields too much power in his role at the FA.

Ferguson said: "Jose Mourinho has needed just a year to find out what I've been saying for the last seven - that Arsenal do run the game here."

Mourinho insisted Arsenal were being favourably treated with the Premiership fixtures they play after Champions League ties.

Now Manchester United boss Fergie - who was last season ordered to cool his sniping at Arsenal and Arsene Wenger by club and FA bosses following the infamous Old Trafford Battle of the Buffet - has backed up the Chelsea boss. Fergie added: "They certainly seem to have an influence on the fixture list. I have complained about it for years and no one has listened to me.

"Maybe they'll listen to Jose a bit more. He is dead right by the way, absolutely spot-on. You only have to look at the fixtures Arsenal get after European games to see that - and I can tell you, it's been going on for a long time.

"Has it got anything to do with David Dein's influence at the FA? I don't know about that, but I do think everyone has now got wise to David Dein."

Both Arsenal and the FA will be angered by Ferguson's outburst, but the United boss seems intent on shooting from the lip as he attempts to plot a way to beat the challenge of Wenger and Mourinho.

Fergie came third best in the Premiership for the second successive season last time out, with Chelsea's financial muscle putting a squeeze on United on the pitch and Malcolm Glazer's £800m takeover of the club sparking unrest among the fans off it.

And while the Glazer family have so far failed to deliver their takeover pledge to bankroll their manager in the transfer market, he is adamant that Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo can inspire United to the ninth title of a reign that has stretched to almost 19 years.

Ferguson insisted: "People have been saying this will be my last year, but I feel very good about things. I think we have the right players at the club now and we're in good shape.

"The thing I ask myself every season is whether I have got the players to win the League and I really think we have. There's no question about it.

"Rooney was fantastic for us last season. Scoring 17 goals was a great achievement given the fact that he missed pre-season with a broken foot.

"He is looking great in training and the difference between last season and this season could be massive. "Ronaldo is also looking sensational. His physique has got even better over the summer and with the rest he's had this time I really think he will be a major player for us."

He added: "The way Chelsea go about their business in the transfer market has created another rivalry for us with respect to the League.

"It only used to be about Arsenal and maybe Liverpool, but now we have another incentive - to show that we can win the League despite what Chelsea are doing with their money.

"We like challenges like that. Winning the League for the first time in 26 years in 1993 was like that, so was the first Double in 1994 and the Treble in 1999.

"Last season I think we concentrated a bit too much on trying to stop Arsenal. Beating them at Old Trafford wasn't about stopping them making it 50 games unbeaten, it was about trying to stop them opening up too much of a gap at the top of the table.

"We did that, but when it came to the real challenge we were looking in the wrong direction because we didn't expect Chelsea to be so strong in Mourinho's first year.

----------------------------------------------------------

Funny how the actual facts show that since 1998/99(Season Arsenal first entered the CL in it's current format.) The figures stand as:

Arsenal
Played 64 followed by
34 home & 30 away
53%

Man Utd
Played 87 followed by
47 home & 40 away
54%

Chelsea
Played 40 followed by
22 home & 18 away
55%

Now, is anyone in the FA gonna make those paranoid slandering cunts apologise? Doubt it somehow.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
i know! he is very good in the air and seems to score from headers all the time.

Lyon has revealed that Chelsea will have to pay 45million to get Essien. Surely Chelsea won't pay that much for him?? A midfield already featuring Lampard, Makelele, Robben, Duff, Cole and SWP is already frightening enough! :eek:
Thatz 45million Euroz, which iz like 30mil poundz.

I don't get Hecticz figurez there...

And SWP have gon fo 21 quidz.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
they needed someone to cover makelele, none of the other players mentioned does that... is tiago still there? lol... but 30mil ... over priced - yes - but since when has that stopped chelski

edit: haha tottenham is offering 14mil for baptista..... just to spote the gunners i bet

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I don't get Hecticz figurez there...
Mourinho and Ferguson both claim that since David Dein(Arsenal's vice-chairman) holds a position in the FA that Arsenal get favourably treated in the fixtures and that the FA make ManU and Chelsea play away from home after their Champions League games to somehow sabotage their team's chances.

As you can see that is bollocks on two counts:

-Firstly the fixture list tends to show a very consistent ratio of home:away fixtures for every team

-Secondly the FA don't actually make the fixture list, it's a seperate entity The Premier League who set the fixtures.

So Ferguson and Mourinho are just using this as an attempt to attack Arsenal and David Dein for no reason. Which I suppose could constitute as being libelous. Maybe Dein should use his pull in the FA to slap a heavy fine/ban on those cunts?

Constip8edSkunk said:
edit: haha tottenham is offering 14mil for baptista..... just to spote the gunners i bet
Yeah, he's really gonna go there. Another one on the "almost-signed" list for Tottenham eh?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I hate Tottenham. How are they gonna keep Defoe, Keane, Mido and Kanoute happy when they want to sign Baptista? its hard enough choosing one of the 3 to partner defoe.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeah , i agree, all 3 (keane, kanoute and defoe) played well last season and when you add mido to the mix, they have a great attack ... there isnt any need for baptista ... just let arsenal have him u bastards ...

^___^
HSC
i reckon keane will leaver real soon, he is reported to be very unhappy and you can figure out why

i think tottenham needs a more established defender, i mean they've a great pool of talent, but thats for the future

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
meh...Keane, respect, but jeez

make a new damned goal celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)