Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
i think arsenal still have the attacking flair without henry, u guys just need to believe in yourself

hmm, as for the game against the toffees, i reckon ronaldo will star again with good old Roy Keane keeping Timmy at bay..but yeah, i reckon Duncan Ferguson will totally rape Silvestre if he is not in his game

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Roy Keane is Man Utd's biggest offensive problem.

^___^
HSC
yeah, but he shields the defence very well
we can afford to give up some attacking power since we have rooney, c.ronaldo, scholes and ruud in attack

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
They don't seem to be doing much. Until Roy Keane gets back into his old attacking form, Man Utd will continue struggle. Keane was (possibly still is) one of the best distributors of the ball from midfield to the forwards and still managed to hold is position as a defensive midfielder. Whether he returns to top form is hard to determine, but one thing is for certain - it's about time Alex Ferguson got the heave ho.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
No matter how much of cock he is, Slur Alex runs the show at Manyoo. He'll leave on his own terms unfortunately.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
True.

Hectic, are you going to the Sydney FC launch - I want to join the supporters club.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
When is it mate?

I'm probably not getting club membership at the moment. Just gonna pick and choose games depending on the teams(who their marquee player is) etc. No way we'd sell out Aussies for moe than one or two games max this season.

Also Big Duncan Ferguson is rumoured to be a target for the Jets or Victory if they can't get Muscat back. That'd be an insane signing.

^___^
HSC
yeah, i admit as Sir Alex is still in the club, man utd can't achieve any better
he (and most of the old players) had achieved what needs to be achieved.. i say we let Eriksson in charge when he finishes with England :)

hmm.. Sydney FC, i'm tempted to be a member, but then i'll wait a season or two before i make any decision to be a seasonal supporter and occasionally turn up to matches

Crazy Horse

HSC
Damn it! Sitting at 6th. If Man U somehow lose this game i'll be severly annoyed. Everton need to lose the next couple as do Bolton. Man I cant believe Bolton is ahead of us. ---> I cant believe Everton could seriously head to CL next year while we get stuck with UEFA.

As for Sir Alex - being saying he needs to leave for a while - I think its def about time he exits with grace. But I think he wants to hold on to it until he does something spectacular like the Treble again. Waste of time - not going to happen with him in charge.

Hectic - I think you mentioned you liked Garcia a lot. I think his great and I love watching him play. I saw an interveiw with him when he first joined the Reds and I watched his first game - I thought he was fantastic and still do. ;)
Van Persie is my fav young player in the Premier League outside of Liverpool. I'm just wondering how his going to react to all the media hype - hope he doesnt become another Ronaldo.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
... said:
hmm.. Sydney FC, i'm tempted to be a member, but then i'll wait a season or two before i make any decision to be a seasonal supporter and occasionally turn up to matches
I'm going to do the same.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I'm joining, mainly in support of Saso Petrovski - flying the flag as an old Bankstown City Lions Boy!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
copious said:
leading goal scorer in the champs league? i dont think so, im pretty sure its either raul, ruud or shevchenko.
I think Raul is top scorer with something like 49 goals? Ruud only has about 37 Champions League goals. I'm not too sure about Shevchenko though.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Hectic - I think you mentioned you liked Garcia a lot. I think his great and I love watching him play. I saw an interveiw with him when he first joined the Reds and I watched his first game - I thought he was fantastic and still do. ;)
Van Persie is my fav young player in the Premier League outside of Liverpool. I'm just wondering how his going to react to all the media hype - hope he doesnt become another Ronaldo.

Apparenly I look a lot like Luis Garcia, except slightly more tanned so I can't really hate him :). But I also love the way he plays, he's an exciting player and I love his style of playing. Scores some great goals too. van Persie is an incredible talent, just he seems a bit too selfish a player at the moment but I'm sure Bergkamp's teaching him well in training, he'll be spectacular. Fabregas has more talent than any other youngster in England tho ;) . He'll be a legend for sure.

Oh, and Freddie Ljungberg has also been ruled out tonight and Bergkamp apparently might not play due to the flu.

-------------------------Lehmann-----------------------------------

Lauren-------------Sol-----------Senderos--------------------Ash

Pires---------------Gilberto------Vieira------------------------Reyes

-------------------van Persie------Aliadiere/Bergkamp------------

Still a strong lineup but a bit too young for a game like this unless Vieira and Pires really step up tonight.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Out of form, out of confidence. He'll be a great backup for the centre and right side of defence next season. Big Phil's definitely overtaken him.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Damn it! Sitting at 6th. If Man U somehow lose this game i'll be severly annoyed. Everton need to lose the next couple as do Bolton. Man I cant believe Bolton is ahead of us. ---> I cant believe Everton could seriously head to CL next year while we get stuck with UEFA.
lol for the first time in my life i'm gonna be supporting ManYoo tonite :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Still not convinced wit Senderos, thought he waz a bit shaky on Sat, but maybe thatz becauz Blackburn were kickin out at every Arsenal player.
Good talent though, see how he goez on the big occasion.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
^He's got plenty of time to improve. Tonight will be a major test for him though.

Oh and The Central Coast Mariners could only draw 3-3 with Manly at Cromer. God I've seen Manly play and theyre shithouse. The Mariners better do something quick, their squad looks ancient, wooden spoon favourites with the kiwis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)