Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
Ronaldo really annoys me - "dont nick my tricks" and his bahaviour towards other players on the pitch (eg. Cafu) and what not ticks me off - the guy is 19. He has potential to be class if not world class but he sure as hell is an arrogant prick. Who does he think he is to say that he doesnt want others copying his moves - as if he was the first to come up with them. What is that? At the moment I respect Rooney more than him. His up there in the top 10 drama queens.
Your just jealous that Liverpool dosen't have any young players with the talent he has :) Ronaldo is already world class and will be one of the best players in the world in years to come.

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
haha

nah Liverpool have some decent young player

they did sign Carson...very very good gk
Mellor is coming through nicely

walrusbear

HSC
HeCtic said:
Apparenly I look a lot like Luis Garcia, except slightly more tanned so I can't really hate him :). But I also love the way he plays, he's an exciting player and I love his style of playing. Scores some great goals too. van Persie is an incredible talent, just he seems a bit too selfish a player at the moment but I'm sure Bergkamp's teaching him well in training, he'll be spectacular. Fabregas has more talent than any other youngster in England tho ;) . He'll be a legend for sure.

Oh, and Freddie Ljungberg has also been ruled out tonight and Bergkamp apparently might not play due to the flu.

-------------------------Lehmann-----------------------------------

Lauren-------------Sol-----------Senderos--------------------Ash

Pires---------------Gilberto------Vieira------------------------Reyes

-------------------van Persie------Aliadiere/Bergkamp------------

Still a strong lineup but a bit too young for a game like this unless Vieira and Pires really step up tonight.
i'd love it if we won tonight
the absence of henry is pretty damn worrying though
van persie still doesn't convince me - in fact the only youngster that does it Reyes
also, with Lehmann in goal, there's always the strong chance of conceding
not a good thing against chelsea :p

HSC
0-0, can't complain I guess.

Everton beat Man Utd, and the greatest news I've heard all season ...... an Adriano-less Inter beat Juve 1-0! :D Roma, Fiorentina and even Parma are getting closer and closer to Serie B next season. Image ROMA IN THE 2nd DIVISION! :p

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Holy shit Everton beat Utd. Now we need them to drop 6 points from thir last 4 games, while we only have 3 games in hand.. 1 away to Arsenal. Not looking good on the 4th place front. Oh well, guess we'll just have to win the CL :D

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
holy shit! i hope the tabloids there start kicking a stink up over fergie and how hes too old. ever since the 99 treble year he spent a shitload of money luring talent from around the place and he hasnt won the champions league since. richardson and fletcher are rubbish compared to what scholes and beckham were in 95 and hes blindly putting faith in them. good luck.

Crazy Horse

HSC
matt#1 said:
Your just jealous that Liverpool dosen't have any young players with the talent he has :) Ronaldo is already world class and will be one of the best players in the world in years to come.
Nah. If I think a players class ill admit it whether or not he plays for opposition. :) The hype around Ronaldo is his footsies and the fact that his good-looking with broken English. Surprisingly my respect for Rooney is lifting a great deal - I'd much prefer him at Liverpool than Ronaldo.;)
But if I could choose a Man U player - def have to be Rio. Don't think that would ever happen though.

... said:
they did sign Carson...very very good gk
Mellor is coming through nicely
I agree and Le Tallec should also develop into a good player with Carra and Benitez to guide him.:)

HeCtic said:
Apparenly I look a lot like Luis Garcia, except slightly more tanned so I can't really hate him . But I also love the way he plays, he's an exciting player and I love his style of playing. Scores some great goals too. van Persie is an incredible talent, just he seems a bit too selfish a player at the moment but I'm sure Bergkamp's teaching him well in training, he'll be spectacular. Fabregas has more talent than any other youngster in England tho;). He'll be a legend for sure.
Fabregas! *Gasp* - I completely forgot about him. I dont watch Arsenal play much though - I only see whats on SBS and get the big matches taped if I cant get to someones place who has Pay TV.
I'm curious - What did you think of the whole Beckham linked to Arsenal deal? Do you think he would be a great Plan B? Or are the advantages not worth the baggage he would bring?

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fuckin Neville that dumb kunt, so wanna hit him in the face.
Fletcher iz actually quite good, workz hard and can play in central or right mid. But he ain't world class, maybe somethin to do wit bein Scotish. :D

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
3-3 with Manly. Jesus Christ. I follow the NSW Premier League quite passionately and Manly are bloody hopeless. But Central Coast?! Their team isn't to bad. Adam Kwasnik - Premier Golden Boot Winner - Gumprecht, Mrdja and Pondeljak are awesome players. Maybe just wasn't their day.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
Nah. If I think a players class ill admit it whether or not he plays for opposition. :) The hype around Ronaldo is his footsies and the fact that his good-looking with broken English. Surprisingly my respect for Rooney is lifting a great deal - I'd much prefer him at Liverpool than Ronaldo.;)
1. Ronaldo is class....and you have already admitted in a previous post that you think Ronaldo is class, and has the potential to be world class. His class is shown by the fact that he has only just turned 20 and has already made the 2004 FIFA World team of the year and also the UEFA Euro 2004 team which was comprised of the best players from that tournament. He was also voted as being the second best young player in the world behind Rooney last year.

2. The hype isn't all about his "footsies" and stepovers, because if you have been watching Man Utd play you would have seen that he has ended his over-use of such skills and now only uses them when he sees the need to.

3. The hype also isn't all about his looks or broken english, because I don't care what he looks like and have never heard him speak.

4. This is off-topic...but bring on Arsenal in the FA Cup Final!!! :p

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
Ignore me when I mention Ronaldo - Im very against him for my own reasons that have nothing to do with football or him really. Stupid I know.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
Ignore me when I mention Ronaldo - Im very against him for my own reasons that have nothing to do with football or him really. Stupid I know.
thats ok, i'm against certain players for my own stupid reasons as well :p

slip

HSC
latest a-league rumour is that teddy sheringham will sign as marquee player for newcastle united.

which reminds me that a long time back when the a league was first spoken about emanual petit said he would be interested in playing in it. which makes me ask is emanual petit still playing at all? and what clubs would be able to take him?

last i heard he was trainind with arsenal looking for a club. i think thaat only melbourne and new zealand would be interested. brisbane dont want a marquee player and i dont think anyone else has a spot open (maybe newcastle.)

big juve milan match this weekend. that will have huge effect on who wins the sucdetto. should be an awesome game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)