Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
i dunno if everton playing in CL will be benefical

i mean they will be heaps better off in UEFA (less competitve, and therefore they might have a chance to go all the way with their style of game)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hahaha liverpool... as one would expect, loses after both everton and bolton dropped points

blackcats are back in the premiership

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
... said:
i dunno if everton playing in CL will be benefical

i mean they will be heaps better off in UEFA (less competitve, and therefore they might have a chance to go all the way with their style of game)

Pfft, money. Plain and simple they'll be guaranteed a good 10-20million if they qualify for the group stages.

They can really strengthen that squad with that type of money, plus the worldwide exposure they'd get should they qualify for the group stages.

T

timbk2

we all know what happened when leeds utd got into the champions league and went on a spending spree. some clubs just arent meant to be there.

i'd rather liverpool win the CL this season and not play in the CL next season, than get 4th and not win the CL this season. (if that made any sense)

Crazy Horse

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
hahaha liverpool... as one would expect, loses after both everton and bolton dropped points
Man if only i was manager...........:D........

timbk2 said:
i'd rather liverpool win the CL this season and not play in the CL next season, than get 4th and not win the CL this season. (if that made any sense)
I get ya - I must be greedy though cause i want both. If I had to choose - I would want to win CL this year as well. Cant wait to kick some Chelski butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
timbk2 said:
we all know what happened when leeds utd got into the champions league and went on a spending spree. some clubs just arent meant to be there.

Leeds went bust because Peter Ridsdale took out multi-million pound loans to buy players, on the assumption that his side would qualify for the Champions League every season. They didn't and his lunacy saw his team go into administration. No chairman in the world would be daft enough to do that to the club, let alone BIll Kenwright who is well known for being very smart with his money. Like it or not Everton will spend their money well and improve their squad.

The hard part for Moyes is that he has to find good players who'd be able to strengthen the squad and be willing to keep the same level of work-ethic and desire to grind out results like they've been doing this season. Also there will be expectation to live up this season for them from now on. The challenge is how well they do next season when people are gunning for them.

As for some clubs not meant to be there, that's a tad self-imporrtant for anyone to say something like that. Everton have performed consistently over the whole season and should they finish 4th and win their qualification game they'll be in the group stages and deservedly so. Liverpool have lost 13 league games this season and still have to travel to Highbury where it might become 14 . Maybe they aren't meant to be there next season?

HSC
Another big night in soccer, got I love TWG site! :D

Pompey crushed the Saints 4-1 and I'm guessing Rednapp would be pretty pissed off considering it was his old club and all. The Austrailain U/20's beat the Jets 4-0, even if they were without Nick Carle and Ante Milicic. Celtic beat Rangers, so basically the title is already theres.

It sucks to support Inter, such an inconsistent side who have the talent but never perform. We lost to Messina 2-1 after they scored in the 93 minute. :chainsaw:

slip

HSC
i dont think you would find a more consistent side in europe. i mean seriously they consistently didnt lose for like 35 games... and most of those were draws.

i dont know if young socceroos beating jets is good for the young socceroos or bad for the jets and the a-league in general. even with milicic and carle the jets would have put an extra 5 past them, or stopped anymore goals so the in the end they still would recieved a hiding.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
slip said:
i dont know if young socceroos beating jets is good for the young socceroos or bad for the jets and the a-league in general
It just shows how far behind the Jets are right now. If Sydney FC can beat a former Asian Champions League winner and other top teams from the UAE and Saudi Arabia in only their first few games and these guys get stuffed by our juniors(most of whom aren't too special), it just highlights the imbalance in the league.

Sydney,Adelaide and Melbourne look very good, Glory aren't too far behind but the rest of the sides are pretty poor as it stands. Still there's plenty of time to improve.

T

timbk2

Italian Hotshot said:
Another big night in soccer, got I love TWG site! :D

Pompey crushed the Saints 4-1 and I'm guessing Rednapp would be pretty pissed off considering it was his old club and all. The Austrailain U/20's beat the Jets 4-0, even if they were without Nick Carle and Ante Milicic. Celtic beat Rangers, so basically the title is already theres.

It sucks to support Inter, such an inconsistent side who have the talent but never perform. We lost to Messina 2-1 after they scored in the 93 minute. :chainsaw:
supporting liverpool isnt much fun either! apart from their CL run.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
dammit inter, we're so far off shatting on juve and milan.

roonaldo's volley was amazing, thats the sort of volley everyone goes for but never time properly.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Lyon will sell Govou at the end of the season, I wonder where he'll go. I personally think hez one great player.

slip

HSC
Has anybody read les murray's article about a-league signings on the world game web site. I totally agree that the clubs should have signed more talent from africa and south america, i mean even if it was just 2 players a club it would be good... hopefully new zealand can do this... or maybe see some south americans and africans coming in in the next few years.

anyways thetickets for the fifa wcc qualifiers are pretty decent. $20 for the best seating at the double header. I think i will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)