Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
yeah
not only for financial values, but its also good to see south american influence over here

one of the greatest dream of the great Johnny Warren was that he wishes us to play like the brazilian, of course its not possible, but we can try

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I hope PSV win and win convincingly tomorrow, I love Liverpool, and I have high hopes for going one step further to beat Chelsea and reach the final, but Milan is another story all together. Normally I'd want Milan to win, but I have my priorities :)

^___^
HSC
well the theory goes why liverpool is doing so well in CL compared to premier league is because of the pace and the intensity of the game

playing against Chelsea doesn't help
but then again, Chelsea did beat Arsenal when they were on the 50game unbeaten streak

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Lyon will sell Govou at the end of the season, I wonder where he'll go. I personally think hez one great player.

Woah Govou is leaving ... wow , i thought he was one of Lyon's key players wtf

he should go to Arsenal , he would make a good striking combination with Henry or Van Persie

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
... said:
well the theory goes why liverpool is doing so well in CL compared to premier league is because of the pace and the intensity of the game

Exatly, in Europe the pressing game is pretty much constricted to the defensive third of the pitch so your Alonso's and Garcia's can put their foot on the ball look up and orchestrate play from the centre of the park.

In England they pretty much run you down and chop you wherever you are so Rafa's continentals can't play to their strengts as effectively. Chelsea are very hard working in midfield and I'm sure Mourinho will know how to nullify the threat of Alonso and the others very well. That said I'd love to see some Morientes or Alonso magic sneak Liverpool into the final.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
HeCtic said:
Exatly, in Europe the pressing game is pretty much constricted to the defensive third of the pitch so your Alonso's and Garcia's can put their foot on the ball look up and orchestrate play from the centre of the park.

In England they pretty much run you down and chop you wherever you are so Rafa's continentals can't play to their strengts as effectively. Chelsea are very hard working in midfield and I'm sure Mourinho will know how to nullify the threat of Alonso and the others very well. That said I'd love to see some Morientes or Alonso magic sneak Liverpool into the final.
I'd luv to see some Morientes magic as well, but unfortunately he's cup-tied & ineligible for the Reds' campaign :p

But for sure, Liverpool would be a much more potent side w/ Moro in the team, he showed his CL pedigree last yr in Monaco's superb run to the final.

Plus he scored 2 goals against the Chel$ki in the semis last yr...:D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
If we have to play Kewell we must be in serious injury trouble again. Garcia and Baros are bothing fighting to be fit for Thursday. I don't fancy our chances at all if a 70% fit Cisse and a 60% Kewell have to lead the line with both lacking in match practice. Thank god this is the home game ey?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Seraph said:
Woah Govou is leaving ... wow , i thought he was one of Lyon's key players wtf

he should go to Arsenal , he would make a good striking combination with Henry or Van Persie
Whether Arsenal can afford him iz another story.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
I hope PSV win and win convincingly tomorrow
Other way around...Milan 2-0 PSV. I didn't watch the game but from the highlights i saw that PSV had heaps of scoring chances but didnt take them. I think Milan is through to the final now because even if PSV do score the goals they need in Eindhoven...i dont think that they will be able to keep Milan scoreless.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah that's what I meant LMF, better to get their home game out of the way first while we've got injuries. To be honest Milan didn't look that imperious in the 2nd half. If they played like they did in the second half the winner of Chelsea vs Liverpool has a decent chance against them. I don't see PSV overturning the deficit either, but remember what Deportivo did to Milan in the quarters last year: 4-0 in the return leg. It's not out of a question.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
milan dominated the 1st half but played very shakily in the 2nd, probably due to having to play 3 games in 6 days. psv has only themselves to blame, having 12 shits and scoring none. i think milan is missing nesta at the heart of the defense this morning , kaka was excellent tho. come away leg, they wont screw it up, especially after what they experienced at depor last year.

it'll be like the only time im ever gona support liverpool tomorow lol

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
PSV iz definitely better than the Depor of last season. But itz hard to see Milan gettin thumped again, though I do like to see a repeat of the Riazor massacre. :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea looked pretty satisfied wit the result at the end, maybe they like playin the away leg. But Liverpool witout Alonso fo the second leg, tough ask, but I'm sure they can still outplay Chelsea, and hope their defence iz az good az they were today.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Another defiant European display by Liverpool, defensively well organised, Barca & Bayern both conceded 4 goals when they played at the Bridge, so this was a very good result.

Can't wait for the return leg nxt wk, Anfield will be rockin' :cool:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
They were rock solid reading the reports, anyone watch it? how did Kewell go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)