Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Fantastic game to watch but i also left for school before Terry's goal - but i'll check out the world game at 7 tonight. Ronaldinho's 2nd goal was beautiful - it looked great. Looks like Chelsea and Liverpool are gonna be the only English teams to go through;)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The question is.. what is wrong with Harry Kewell? One minute he's injured, next minute he's not. He really just needs to make up his mind so he doesn't completely lose the faith of Rafa Benitez. Oh well, Risse's on fire on the left anyhow, and if we manage to get Evra in the break, as rumours seem to suggest we will, HK won't be missed.

Another question... where did the Porto-Inter game go? Why were there only 3 matches today?

HSC
Lyon have always had a good side this season ... apparently Juve are chasing the midfielder Essien for some big money - over $10 million last time I heard. Considering that Bremen were German champs last season that is a MASSIVE result.

I am annoyed with the whole Chelski v Barca saga - first Chelsea refuse to do interviews after the first leg and turn up late for the 2nd half. Now apparently a steward made a racial remark to Eto'o? Bloody saga - I'm so over the shoutting match between Jose Mourinho and Rijkaard.

@ jim_green - The Inter v. Porto match is on today, just at a very kick off in Milan (8.45 p.m).

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Lyon have to be the best counter-attacking side in Europe right now. Fucken superb team.

Whoever gets them in the next round won't be looking forward to it.

^___^
HSC
Lyon do look promising
lets hope they don't chuck a Monaco, like where they were leading both fronts and suddenly deschamp decides to rest key players, ended up losing the league and losing the CL final too

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yes, omg lyon are a deadly team, wiltord never played that good for arsenal ... :(
and essien is a star player, the whole team is so well organised ...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
so ne predictions 4 2morows games?

i personally reckon liverpool will win n go thru (im biased:p)
i reckon arsenal coulllllllllld go thru if they're firing, if henry isnt inspiring (he usually is) they wont win...

the other games...r there other games? :p i wouldnt know...

T

timbk2

Real and Inter will progress to join:

Chelsea
Lyon
Liverpool
Bayern Munich
AC Milan
PSV

in the quarter finals

firehose

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
@ jim_green - The Inter v. Porto match is on today, just at a very kick off in Milan (8.45 p.m).

The Inter v Porto match will be held on 15th March. Quote from UEFA.com : "FC Internazionale Milano will be wary of the threat defending European champions FC Porto will hold when they entertain the Portuguese side in Italy in a match played a week after the other second legs as Inter's groundsharers AC Milan are also at home in the return of their tie against Manchester United FC on the day this game would have taken place."

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Trippendicular said:
If Liverpool lose, I'm commiting
commiting to...?? to being aliverpudlian aye ;) u know u wanna join it, its betta than ne cult or religions

n woh, a girl agreeing with me? im SO quoting that!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lol..i know aye...i want one, im planning a soccer trip or europe when im atad bit older, but im not leaving till i got THAT ACCENT! meaning i'll b an illegal immigrant 4 a while:p

dont commit suicide, u wont b able 2 c liverpool hold the premiership trophy next yr :uhhuh:

HSC
Sorry to say it, but I don't Liverpool will win the premiership for at least another 5 years. The quality of the top 3 teams is just too high for other teams to catch within a few seasons. Not until players such as Lampard and Henry begin retiring will Liverpool have a chance

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Liverpool
Arsenal
Juventus
Chelsea
Lyon
Milan
Inter
and finally Monaco will be the quarter-finalists. I'm tipping Henry to come good at Highbury. I would much rather if Arsenal won any competition than Chelsea.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Trippendicular said:
Sorry to say it, but I don't Liverpool will win the premiership for at least another 5 years. The quality of the top 3 teams is just too high for other teams to catch within a few seasons. Not until players such as Lampard and Henry begin retiring will Liverpool have a chance
That's a rather sad way to think about it. You're essentially saying we can't win until other people become pants, rather than if we came good. I don't think that'll be the case. Give Rafa 2 years max and he'd have made Liverpool into a genuine challenger. Selling Gerrard to buy some quality to cover the squad would be a start.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Senderos superb, great game of football which we could have won. But meh, we defended poorly in Munich and lost it there.

Fuck, next season's looking alright at least. Our young players look like they're growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)