Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Australia has only been able to gain entry because they've proven to the Asian financial powers that be that our involvement is financially beneficial to the AFC. I don't think that the Kiwis have anything that they can bring to the table in this regard so unless the whole of Oceania is absorbed into the AFC, they've got buckleys.

Bahaha, the Kiwis as the regional superpowers now :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Wow, this Colegate saga has gotten really gay now :rolleyes:

linkage

Cole: I was conned

By Wayne Veysey, Evening Standard
15 March 2005

Ashley Cole has told Premier League investigators that he was conned into meeting Jose Mourinho and Peter Kenyon in a London hotel.

The Arsenal defender insisted that he and his agent Jonathan Barnett had sat down to meet with Israeli super-agent Pini Zahavi when they were ambushed by the Chelsea manager and chief executive.

As he gave his evidence over the 'tapping up' allegations yesterday, Cole told Premier League lawyer Nick Fitzpatrick that he believed he was there to discuss a possible move to Italy or Spain after talks on a new Highbury contract had broken down.

When Barnett and Cole attended the meeting in the Royal Park Hotel's Green Room, it was to their "complete surprise" that five minutes later Mourinho and Kenyon walked in.

Mourinho attempted to sweettalk Cole into moving to Stamford Bridge by promising that he would be joined by Steven Gerrard and they were willing to pay him £110,000 a week.

It is reported that Cole wanted to leave the room immediately but Mourinho said: "Hold on a minute. Stay and listen to what we have to say.

"We are looking to sign just two players this season. The first one we have secured is Steven Gerrard. The other is a left-back. You are the best left-back in the world and we want you."

Cole reportedly stood up and replied: "Thanks but no thanks. I want to go abroad. If I'm not playing for Arsenal, I don't want to play for another English club."

It is a version of events that is flatly contradicted by Chelsea, who claim Barnett and Cole approached them to arrange a meeting.

They say no offer was put to the player by Mourinho and that Kenyon subsequently rang Barnett to say they were not interested in signing his client.

The whole affair is said to have been triggered by Arsenal reneging on a verbal contract made by the club's vice-chairman David Dein shortly before Christmas.

Barnett said he had agreed with Dein that Cole would be offered a new fiveyear deal worth £60,000 a week but when the official contract offer came through, it had been reducedto £55,000 per week.

Cole and Barnett were furious at the reduction and contacted Zahavi to engineer a move to a top European club.

HSC
Forza Inter!

I watched the entire first half and about 10 minutes of the 2nd before I had to head off to Uni. I was disppointed to see Cruz starting ahead of Martins, even if he did have a slighty injury. For most of the match he was just a 5th midfielder that really only got in the way of many of the attacks.

Adriano was great and it was nice to see him get the hat trick - his first effort took a major deflection but the 2nd strike was as bout as relax and technically sound goal as you will ever see. Materazzi and the aging Mihajlovic was solid at the back and I was really nervous that again the back 4 would be our weakness.

Best players for mind were Veron and J. Zanetti ... both were amazing in midfield. I know there are many Veron doubters but if you saw what he did in the game it was really special. Looks like Emre will be leaving come the end of the season, I'm really pissed off that we are loosing a player of his ability.

ON TO THE FINAL THE NERAZZURI MARCH! :p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
It's a bit of a laugh that Inter are thinking of selling a player as good as Emre, especially at the age of 24 when he has so much to offer, but looking at their midfield depth I'm not surprised he wants to go somewhere else:

Midfielders
5 Emre Belözoglu 07.09.1980 TUR
6 Cristiano Zanetti 10.04.1977 ITA
7 Andy van der Meyde 30.09.1979 HOL
8 Edgar Davids 13.03.1973 HOL
14 Juan Sebastián Verón 09.03.1975 ARG
18 Kily González 04.08.1974 ARG
19 Esteban Cambiasso 18.08.1980 ARG
21 Georgios Karagounis 06.03.1977 GRE
25 Dejan Stankovic 11.09.1978 YUG

He'd be perfect for England, lots of skill, gets stuck in and very versatile and a hard nut.

Oh, and is there a more disgusting cunt in world football than Sinisa Mihajlovic? Fuck that Nazio cunt was pissing me off this morning.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Sinisa Mihajlovic is beyond a cunt. Vile racist cunt who called Vieira a "black monkey" once on the pitch and applauded the Nazio fans for making monkey noises at black players and chanting anti-Jew slogans at matches. He said he idolised Arcan, the Serbian warlord and Nazi cunt. Plus he's a dirty spitting, punching and kicking cheat.

He didn't actually do anything this morning as such, but there's so much that disgusts me about the guy. I just hate the fact that he hasn't been kicked out of top level football by now. I wonder how he gets on with Martins and the other black guys in Inter's squad? The cunt.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
BoredofStudies Fantasy Premierleague ladder: :)

1 Manchester United Matt #1 84 1562
2 losers los er 81 1541
3 jacee fc jas on 90 1541
4 Legendz FC Matt Johansson 94 1521
5 fei_wa utd fei wa 74 1503
6 St George Gunners Dimitri Anastasopoulos 85 1479
7 Timbk2 United Tim Cheng 73 1459
8 i-so-topes felix js 64 1449
9 Retards John Huang 79 1446
10 RUB!X FC > RUB!X < 66 1414
11 All Blacks Howie T 40 1392
12 NumeroUno A Tello 97 1384
13 Tha_Kop Ben Blake 72 1383
14 Liverpool FC Lachlan Hillman 44 1378
15 Ziggy Arsedust Cat and the Spiders from Mars 47 1376
16 Backyard United FC Sum Guy......Sum Guy Called Gabbo 85 1350
17 BlueFire [s!nergy] Sun Tzu 78 1302
18 Reno Allstars Rene Torres 53 1291
19 Small Fry F.C BJ Myatt 35 1193
20 KopStarZ Ac Style* 31 1140
21 Arseno1 Arsenal Champions 30 1107
22 FC Club Maq Vamsi Kavattur 44 1095
23 Pimlico Laurence Visser 31 1026
24 flashing-georgians johnny chen 75 1004
25 Sublime FC Mike Barber 39 979
26 Elite Shmacka Daniel Moschione 35 911
27 Dane-Wins, Bye Gill Dane Nexo 43 852
28 St Andrews FC Lindt Chocalate 54 669

H

head

HeCtiC, it seems every black player is complaining about being called a monkey - they should shut the fuck up and play football. I am in no way condoning his racist or unsportsmanlike actions nor the racist or unsportsmanlike actions of any other players, but your argument seems to level unfair criticism with little knowledge about Mihajlovic's background or beliefs. He is not the only Serb who idolised Arkan - nor the only Yugoslav. Arkan was the leader of the Serbian Army, who like any other army leader, killed a lot of people - so Sinisa Mihajlovic supported and idolised Arkan, not only because he was the leader of the country's army, but also because he served under his orders.

Criticise his actions in play, not his beliefs, because that stigma in world football totally ruined the Yugoslav reputation and footballing presence.

P.S. I've never heard anyone say anything about Albanian player Igli Tare pouring funds into the Kosovo Liberation Army terrorist organisation.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
head said:
HeCtiC, it seems every black player is complaining about being called a monkey - they should shut the fuck up and play football.
That iz so wrong. Yez they do play football, but when they're bein racially abused somethin must be done about.

HSC
RUB!X said:
yeah but whos igli tare?
Applies his trade in Italy, Bologna. Doesn't score many goals but is always involved somehow.

Champions League 1/4 final drawn tommorow night ... not too sure if it is our time though. I don't want to face an Italian side - I'd rather play Chelsea or an in form Lyon than Juve or AC. Playing both a home and away match at the San Siro seems to fuck us up mentally, it happened afew years back.

Last edited:
H

head

...But isn't it odd that the prime "victims" are Arsenal players. Seems as if they're trying to blame their poor form on racism. While it is a bad thing, the the trend hasn't at all increased - just the amount of players whinging about it.

By the way, read the whole post before saying i'm "wrong" because i clearly said that i dont approve of these actions.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
head said:
...But isn't it odd that the prime "victims" are Arsenal players. Seems as if they're trying to blame their poor form on racism. While it is a bad thing, the the trend hasn't at all increased - just the amount of players whinging about it.
Well you're wron on thiz one, the prime victimz are not the Arsenal playerz.
In Spain, Eto'o, Wanchope, Roberto Carlos and some otherz have been racially abused.
In Germany, Roque Junior.
England, Henry, by Panathanaikos supporters in a UCL match.

Most of the racial problemz have occurred in Spain thiz season, the most famouz one bein the England Spain match, and Aragones' remarkz about Henry.

Anti-Jewish chantz have also occurred in league matchez in the Netherlandz. On one occassion the ref stopped the game and ordered to playerz to leave the field becauz the chantz were so bad.

H

head

You don't get it.....racism is not a new thing. It's been around forever, and undoubtedly, in football. I'm just saying, that the modern-day players, officials, and regulatory bodies are overly concerned with matters that don't effect the game on an elementary level. I'm sure racism was and still is widespread on the field, it's just that players are quick to react and complain, instead of dealing with it like adults and professionals should.

Aragones' remarks were more humorous than anything. As for Spain having this "record of racism", I totally agree, as Spain is a traditionally fascist country. Even one of the country's greats, Camacho, was openly fascist.

Ultimately, racism shouldn't be dealt with as an "epidemic". Players should grow upa nd stop acting like pussies. Plus, Henry does look like a monkey.

veridis

droog
HSC
so players should grow up and act like professionals yet you tyhink it's fine for them to be racist on field. surely acting professional is not bringing in personal issues, ie racism. i agree that theres too much complaining but theres also too much racism. people should grow up and stop complaining and people should grow up and stop being racist.

H

head

I didn't say it's fine to be racist, I said the opposite. My argument is that the problem of racism is accentuated by the reactions of football groups - particularly players.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
head said:
I didn't say it's fine to be racist, I said the opposite. My argument is that the problem of racism is accentuated by the reactions of football groups - particularly players.

In a sense I agree, reacting does in fact reward the perpetrators as a reaction is what they're looking for. At the same time not doing anything about arseholes making racist noises/taunts can be seen as a way of acceptance and condoning this type of behaviour?

If you don't believe footballer's should "have a cry" and react to racism, but at the same time you are opposed to and don't condone racist behaviour what do you believe should be done about it? Players and fans shouldn't have to be subjected to this behavoiur from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)