Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
kappas totenham jersey was terrible :S
on another note samsung has paid chelski almost 100 million dollars for a 5 year sponsorship deal ...
and on arsenals jersey ... no longer will it be the cool looking o2 ... next season it shall be emirates *sighs* ...

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Italian Hotshot said:
Norwich are out of the bottom 3, Ventola scored his first goal for Palace, Everton upstaged Newcastle 2-0 and somehow West Brom drew with Man Utd 1-1 with their 3rd choice keeper who was only playing his 2nd Premiership game!
Yeah the relegation battle iz really entertainin thiz yr. Ferguson fielded a weakened startin line-up against Brom, prob wit the game against Chelsea in mind. That keeper played amazingly well, denied Ronaldo heapz of timez. But I still think itz a good result, at least the relegation battle iz still on fo another week. It'll be cool if Brom can make history by gettin out of relegation.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
That keeper played amazingly well, denied Ronaldo heapz of timez. But I still think itz a good result,
Enjoy your CL qualifiers mate :)

Saints are finally going down. They won't win at Old Trafford

T

timbk2

i dont like the HealthE logo on the SydneyFc shirt.. looks like its been stuck on... and wat the hell is HealthE! surely sydney could have found a better known sponsor??

I think the Samsung Chelsea shirt would look cool. I cant wait to see what their strip looks like when they defer to adidas. Might be worth buying.. not to support them.. but simply cause it looks good.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Enjoy your CL qualifiers mate :)

I wouldn't be that confident yet seein that you still have gamez against both Merseysiderz.

Oh and Saintz are playin at home against Man U next week.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Three more games, one win should do since our goal difference is a mile ahead of yours.

See ya guys at Cardiff.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
You're big on size aren't you? Plenty of good, small players have done well in the Premiership. Garcia, Juninho and Zola just off the top of my head. It all depends on the type of player they are. Size is the least of Kezman's problems though. I think he just lacks the right attitude to play under Mourniho and I think he'll go back to PSV with his arrogant tail between his legs.

Drogba is a rich man's Heskey. If Heskey played for Chelsea, and had service from Robben, Duff, Cole, Bridge, Lampard, Ferreira etc, he too would score a whopping.. 10 goals a season. Besides did you see him in the 2 legs against Liverpool? He was anonymous. I think you'll find that there are MANY Chelsea fans hate him and Kezman both and are desperate to be rid of them.
No it's not that, but I think he's lacked the presence against England's really strong centre backs. Of course little players have done well, but the guys you mentioned are midfielders, where its easy to be a tyro, look at Dennis Wise etc (but in saying that I'm not saying there has never been a good small striker -- of course there has -- but that's Kezman's problem, because he's definately got the skills).

Bit rough comparing Drogba to Heskey. The Drog has at least scored some goals where as Heskey couldn't finish a sandwich. Drog wasn't the only flat one in champs league their whole team was, they 're too buggered. Same thing with AC, who are going to be tired after a long season so Liverpool may get that one.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Trippendicular said:
As opposed to all those other defenders at other clubs that are scoring 20+ goals a year? I don't think you can really compare players like Carragher and Gerrard given their different roles and strengths in the team
I say again (well for the first time anyway) John Terry wins games. He's scored more goals ths year than my Man U boys put together. My comparison was this: Gerrard brings more to the team than Carragher, if you wanna get specific I say that Gerrard is more valuable to the midfield than Carragher is to the defence, and subsequently he's more important to the overall team.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
take gerrard out of the midfield this year, liverpool would only have lost 3 or 4 more games this year where he scored wonder goal and owned the midfield, he was out for quite few weeks too.

take carragher out of the liverpool defence this year, liverpool would be struggling to qualify for uefa cup

i reckon liverpool could sell gerrard to real / chelsea for all his worth and get some of the players lmf mentioned, it would be a reasonable investment and alonso is more than an able replacement

edit: milan vs juve!!! its milan's 10th game in 32 days or so, hopefully some1(ambrosini? sergniho?) replaces seedorf... forza milan!

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Buggdogg said:
Bit rough comparing Drogba to Heskey. The Drog has at least scored some goals where as Heskey couldn't finish a sandwich. Drog wasn't the only flat one in champs league their whole team was, they 're too buggered. Same thing with AC, who are going to be tired after a long season so Liverpool may get that one.
Drogba is not better than Heskey, I'll stand by this position until he scores a lot more goals, which he won't, because he's on his way out.
**This year Drogba, with service from Robben and Duff, has scored 10 premiership goals. Heskey has scored 9 with no such quality of service.
**Heskey's 14 goals in his first season in the Premiership is also higher than Drogba's 10.
**Heskey was consistently played out of position for his last 3 years at Liverpool, often occupying the flanks for some obscure reason.

Buggdogg said:
I say again (well for the first time anyway) John Terry wins games. He's scored more goals ths year than my Man U boys put together. My comparison was this: Gerrard brings more to the team than Carragher, if you wanna get specific I say that Gerrard is more valuable to the midfield than Carragher is to the defence, and subsequently he's more important to the overall team..
Scoring goals wins games.. and conceding goals loses games. You can't average 1 goal a match and concede an average of 2 and expect to get anywhere. Without Carra I suspect conceding an average of 2 goals a game would not have been out of a question. And pointing out Also, Gerrard's been out for 1/4 of the season. Carra's been there for almost every (if not every) match there is. You can't tell me that Gerrard brings more to the team when he hasn't been there for 1/4 of the time. Furthermore, in the latter part of the season his performances have been uncharacteristically lacklustre (a couple of games here and there excepted).

slip

HSC
I agree kezman and drogba have been disappointing. But its been a new enviroment for both of them. It was not just one striker trying to fit into a combinations (the mids and the other striker) that knew each other this year it was 2 new strikers and some new mids. As a chelsea fan i would give them till the summer tranfer window of next season.

Crespo does not want to come back, as much as i would love to see him play for chelsea i doubt it will happen.

If i got my way chelsea would have crespo gudjohnson forsell up front, but crespo and forsell look set to go.

liverpool would not use the whole 25million (30 for the win minus 5 for missing out) from a champ league win for new players they are after a new stadium too. rafa wants to clear out alot of players thou and we could see alot of new faces funded by that.

other thing is i was under impression that last night a-league jersey werent the final ones. i thought they were being kept under wraps for the comp start.

i like the colours for sydney and qld. hate adelaides and centrals colours. newcaslte victory and perth have ok colours. it jsut seemed to me that the jerseys didnt fit completely right and that the design(not colour but designs) were boring.

i hope adeliade and perth end up with jerseys similar to last nsl seasons.

^___^
HSC
drogba is like a mobile heskey, he cna run and score (rarely) from his feet
thats about it

as for comparing gerrad to carragher's imprtance to liverpool
2seasons ago, i would say gerrard is irreplacable, and carragher is the mole of the team
now, i think its kinda the other way around; don't get me wrong, not saying gerrad is shit now, but it just that wit alonso in the team, and gerrard's spectuation around him, liverpool can sell gerrard for 20mil and score some decent CM to replace him easily whereas carragher is kinda hard, him proving his ability on the top stage..

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Drogba did score a few important goalz fo Chelsea in the Championz League thiz season though. Like the all important 2nd away goal against Bayern.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
HeCtic said:
Yeah ... Unfortunately ...

They held on for so long though, always seamingly in the bottom 3 but always somehow escaping, just doing enough to avoid the drop ...

I still reminisce of the days where Matt Le Tessier single handedly saved them from relegation so many times ... He was a great player ...

Ahwell i dont like there manager anyway Harry Rednapp sucks ...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
woah ... whats with the drogba dissin?
hes an awesome player ... its his 1st epl season ... i believe he will fire next season ... and show us all of his 03-04 marseille form ...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Matt Le Tissier wasn't that good a player. His goal scoring was always spectacular rather than consistent. Really spectacular though. Half of the goals inthe "best goals of the first 10 years of Premiership" must've been scored by him. Some absolute beauties in there.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
RUB!X said:
Yeah ... Unfortunately ...

They held on for so long though, always seamingly in the bottom 3 but always somehow escaping, just doing enough to avoid the drop ...

I still reminisce of the days where Matt Le Tessier single handedly saved them from relegation so many times ... He was a great player ...

Ahwell i dont like there manager anyway Harry Rednapp sucks ...

I just don't want Norwich to go down. It's great that a newly promoted side comes up and tries to play proper attractive football, instead of the cynical shit we've been seeing recently. If that means the Saints, Brom and Palace go down then so be it.

Oh and good luck to Liverpool tonight. Watcha gonna do when van Persie comes for you? ;)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Milan 0-1 down with just a couple of minutes of injury time to come. Looking good for Liverpool because Ancelotti's going to have to keep committing hs players each week in case Juve slip up. They've been unlucky though, apparently the ref hasn't called a couple of blatant penalties. That's Juve for you.

^___^
HSC
liverpool got a bit to worry too in their repsective league

just that you guys are aiming for a place in CL, and AC is for the championship, both are significant :p

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Oh and good luck to Liverpool tonight. Watcha gonna do when van Persie comes for you? ;)
Thanks. No prob about Van Persie - Carra's got it all under control as does Sami, Finnan and Traore. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)