• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
on another note they really need to bring train up ronaldo's crossing technique. his crosses are very flat and dont have enough lift to compliment his dazzling runs when he beats off most defenders.

HSC
Smokey_22 said:
You mean Man united??

Remember Manchester have two teams
Nobody ever mentions Man City because they are terrible. The only time they ever speak of them is when discussing SWP ... who is due for a transfer to a better club very soon.

jim_green said:
Meanwhile Forlan has just finished as the top scorer of La Liga for the season. Bet United are sorry they sold him for 1mil now huh. :lol:
And many of those strikes were real contenders for goal of the year. Compare his finishing this season with RVN last season and you can see the difference - for one Diego can actually score from more than 6 yards out! :p

@jim_green - The Man Utd squad was fully of major nobodies, only one or two of them have ever played a game for the Red Devils.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Villareal. The team Liverpool will be buying Reina from. Their 3 main protagonists this year have been Forlan- 25 goals. Riquelme- 16 goals and numerous assists, and Reina- 8 penalty saves and La Liga keeper of the year.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
From the Daily Star, a £6million package deal, which could include Quinton Fortune going to Tyneside, is being discussed. And Given has supposedly sold his home in the North East and bought a property closer to Utd's base.
Not bad, if it is actually true.

From the Sunday Express, Utd are quite interested in Petr Cech’s international understudy Jan Lastuvka. MU's goalkeeping coach Tony Coton is a big fan of the Czech Republic number two, who plays for Shakhtar Donetsk and is valued at around £2.5million.
Not another unproven player.

Daily Star again, Fergie is being urged by his assistant Carlos Queiroz to sign Figo. Figo, 32, has been told he can leave Real on a free transfer this summer – even though he has a year remaining on his current contract. Recruiting a player of Figo’s age would go against SAF's recent transfer policy. But Queiroz is arguing that an exception should be made for Figo. Queiroz insists, as a free agent, he would be a bargain, even though he would demand at least £70,000 a week on a short-term contract.
I don't think Queiroz is doing a very good job as it is, before or after his stint at Madrid. I doubt he'd be saying that if Figo wasn't his countryman.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't mind Figo if he comez fo free, but he eatz up too much money.

Fortune iz a good player, I would really feel fo him if he doez go.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i actually wouldnt mind figo, just have there as experience to help players like ronaldo and richardson. but he's someone that a team like bolton would sign

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Bolton couldn't afford Figo's wages. He mentioned the desire to join Liverpool earlier this year and said something about 90k/week.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Rumour from a SkyNews reporter is that Sean Wright-Phillips to Arsenal for 14million with Bentley going the other way.

Please be true, please be true..........

Oh and he said Liverpool to set their sights on Vicente too.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
Good to see my fave. mid-table team, Aston Villa finally making some positive signings for a change of pace. Defd. Aaron Hughes from Newc. and Patrik Berger from Portsmouth.
Man City have released McManaman, another L'pool fella who went to Madrid and missed out on the UCL medal.
Yakubu has joined M'boro from Portsmouth for 7.5M, joining the likes of JF Hasselbaink and Viduka.
The Magpies have released Kluivert. Don't be alarmed if you didn't know he was there in the first place, I don't think he did either.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
Good to see my fave. mid-table team, Aston Villa finally making some positive signings for a change of pace. Defd. Aaron Hughes from Newc. and Patrik Berger from Portsmouth.
Man City have released McManaman, another L'pool fella who went to Madrid and missed out on the UCL medal.
Yakubu has joined M'boro from Portsmouth for 7.5M, joining the likes of JF Hasselbaink and Viduka.
The Magpies have released Kluivert. Don't be alarmed if you didn't know he was there in the first place, I don't think he did either.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
McManaman got a UCL medal in his first season. He scored one of the goals in the final.

Shaun Wright-Phillips understandably has a lot of suitors. I think Liverpool has also been linked to him for 15 mil. It's between his father's influence towards Arsenal, and first team opportunities at Liverpool. Then again maybe he'll upstage Ljungberg and Freddie will leave instead.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
why the fuk does figo need 90k a week?
what do they do with these rediculous amounts of money?
i say they should give to charity ... cheap bastards

nufc-26

HSC
Paragon said:
From the Daily Star, a £6million package deal, which could include Quinton Fortune going to Tyneside, is being discussed. And Given has supposedly sold his home in the North East and bought a property closer to Utd's base.
Not bad, if it is actually true.
no! dont take given, he's been one of our most consistent players for a few seasons now. aaron hughes should have stayed and andy o brien should have gone instead. kluivert only showed glimpses of his talent at nufc, too expensive to keep and also got injured.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Oh and he said Liverpool to set their sights on Vicente too.
Vicente - Liverpool have had their eyes on him for a while now...they keep repeating the same stuff.

Mourinho called the 24-year-old Blues captain the best central defender in the world and the "perfect player".

He said: "John would be worth a minimum of £50m in the market, although of course he is not for sale.

JM - can't hack the limelight focused away for even a little while.:rolleyes:

Crazy Horse

HSC
RUB!X said:
why the fuk does figo need 90k a week?
what do they do with these rediculous amounts of money?
i say they should give to charity ... cheap bastards
He doesn't need 90k a week. I think most players donate part of it to charity already.......

Hang on - a thought - how much do players and clubs get taxed?

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't think many teamz are willin to pay Figo that sort of wagez now, so he either stayz at Madrid or take a pay cut.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I wonder how much Carra would be worth after this season. Surely at least 45 mil if Terry's worth 50 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)