SOR I - Section 3! YOUR THOUGHTS (1 Viewer)

chaldoking

HSC
I did Feminist theology for Christianity in Section III.
I linked it by saying that as a result of the feminist theology movement - there is now increased religious discourse amongst christian variants, biblical studies have been revolutionised, the roles of women in the church are being revisited (ordination of women etc), and went on to talk about how feminist theology is a movement making christianity a "living" tradition - through opening new areas of discussion, challenging patriarchal and male-dominated cultural views of christian variants etc.

I linked to the bible passage by saying - ordination of women (now able to break bread... etc acting as representatives of christ) and the hermeneutics of suspicion (fiorenza) linked to the last thing about scripture.

But yeh, don't know if this will suffice??

waycoolsteve

HSC
it was the biggest crock of shit.
the questions had NOTHING to do with the syllabus.
everyone should get onto thier RE Coordiantor and get them to like make an appeal.
mine is.

laura.fig

HSC
Our supervisors came into the run halfway through and told us there was a major problem.
She proceded to say that we just had to do our best in question 2 and that for question 3, to write whatever we wanted.
Neither of the questions were related to ANYTHING we studied.
Literally.
No 'implicit meaning' to the question or anything.
180 students at my school got screwed around BADLY today.

jet

Banned
HSC
And as for Section 3 and Islam.. I had no idea what revelation they were talking about.. I recalled my teacher mentioning something about angels talking to Mohammad and like reciting the Qu'Ran to him.. It was when I was half way through writing about everything I knew about Islam that I remembered what it was.. and it did not help me.

So basically for Question 3 I just wrote everything I knew about Islam, occasionaly referring to the Qu'ran or Hadith.. I think I only mentioned the quotation once but :S .. 5 pages of dribble.
I was the same as you inaudible, no idea what revelation happened. spent the entire reading time trying to figure out what the Christianity question was asking because i had no idea about anything to do with revelations or the Qur'an.

I guess we just need to hope that everyone suffered the same and we'll all get scaled equally.
In the Islamic Tradition, the Qur'an is believed to be the words of Allah revealed to the Prophet Muhammad.
Following the compilation of the Qur'an, Muslims believe that the Prophet still received revelations through veiled thoughts and impressions, which he would discuss with his followers. These discussions became the Hadith; the spoken word of Muhammad.

Thus, I took the revelation through the prophet to be both Hadith and the Qur'an, then proceeded to draw out their role in relation to the lives of Islamic adherents, through the development of ethical systems which set out what is Halal and Haraam, and then the way in which they determine other details of a Muslim's life (e.g. the Hadith dictates that one may not complete the ritual washing more than three times before prayer). It just seemed to me that they wanted you to draw everything together (except for Significant person).

-Aimz-

HSC
argh that section 3 was a shocker i had no idea

i did christianity n just used the quote about 'breaking the bread n blessing it' from look n wrote some stuff about the eucharist before just writing about ethics, my sign person n practice lol out the window that one 4 n a bit pages of crap

yea my sor teachers were going off

beatboxre

HSC
Re: The glory that was section 3.

yes! i loved it the Buddhism question! It was such a vague question that u could've gone on about anything! beautiful! so i related the 5 Precepts and 8 fold path (BUDDHISM) to ethics, bio sexual and envrionmental... LOVED IT! not a 20 out of 20 but i reckon close. like 19 maybe:jump::jump::jump::jump:
Lie

PrettyStarFury

HSC
I did Christianity in section 2 cause I figured if I was gonna screw up 3, I may as well wn 2. I swear the Qur'an as a general topic was not on the sylabus?

GN-Aymes

HSC
Wow I am so glad it was a state-wide thing.
Someone have a parent or friend on the news? We should SOO ridicule the crap out of it!

Like someone said, I'm sure there's someone at the BOS with a price on their head now though anyway
Good luck with English tomorrow!

Gypo09

HSC
was ridiculous. are they actually allowed to ask us that much from preliminary? because thats where its from...
No. they are allowed to ask a MAXIMUM of 30% from the preliminary course. That 20 mark question means that 40% of our exam was on preliminary work.

LordPc

HSC
I do 2 unit and I'm pretty sure its the same exam because we had the same problem.. (We just have other parts added to our exam to make it bigger). But the same thing in 2 unit. Everyone walked out and was like WTF. This one kid asked the supervisor if there was a misprint..
Really terrible.. and thats from a 2 unit person.
this doesnt reflect well on the BoS

but can I just say something to you all. if you do get a super crazy question that you dont think is in the syllabus or is really vague, like the one you just got, then dont panic. just realise that the 10,000 other kids in the course got the exact same question and they are freaking out too. hopefully after realising this you will feel a bit more relaxed and can then throw out a decent essay

(this knowledge transfers well to other humanities like the histories where they sometimes throw in tough questions)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Our schools doing an investigation but im pretty sure it was a studies of religion 2 questiion that they put in our paper... by accident...
assholes
it wasn't a part of the syllabus... sounds like something out of two unit..... the BOS fucked up and personally i dont think there is a way they can really fix it. we may have spend the hours studying for english instead... it was total crap.
SOR I and II do the same questions (except for Peace and Non Religion which are SOR II only) .: the questions are 'right'

It threw me when I first saw the paper but Im pretty sure the Christian/Jewish/Islamic questions were a combo ethics/practices question (which is really out of left field as I was under the impression you couldnt combine areas) based on the Buddhist and Hindu questions which state ethics/practices..but then, who reads the questions you are not supposed to do!

It should work itself out at the marking centre as Im stuffed how they are going to mark a combined question if people answered it that way...same goes for if students did it as an ethics OR practices question.

HTH

Last edited:

jwardyo

HSC

you fucking suck ijaz, probs some nuts nerdy asian, ur just lying to urself in the end - no one cares if you went well just a bit of modesty u absolute fucking loser.
u make me sick, fucking nerd

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I reckon the question was awesome. It really separated the people who had a good grasp of the materials and actually understood the question from those who simply read over and memorised their prepared essays or something.

I did Judaism and I first introduced souces of truth e.g. Talmud, Mishnah & Tenach (which includes Torah), religious figures such as Rabbi and Natural Law.

Then I talked about core belief of Judaism which are linked to these sources of truth.

Then I went to specific examples such as marrige and Bioethics except the school of thoughts part since I thought that talking about Hasidism would be totally useless and I didn't want to dilute the contents by talking too much.

As someone above me said you really had to draw out everything. If you see the short answer questions, you could easily see that that's what BOS attended since they asked you about everything in there as well.

jj.oc

HSC

at first i was like WTF this isnt related to anything...but i managed to relate it bioethics and the hajj so ultimately not too shit

perrie1234

HSC
honestly it was a majorly fucked up exam that really didnt fit the syllabus

but i think i went alright

Kaplutz

HSC
Section III was BS.

In the end (chose Christianity BTW), I wrote 2.5 pages of stuff about Luther and bioethics (abortion + cloning), and how the diversity and variety of the expresion of Christian faith, and their modern day viewpoints, respectively to topics, allows Christianity to be an active, living religious tradition.
Didn't have time to mention stuff about marriage though. Sucks, because it might be what the question was implying specifically, with 'tradition'.

I didn't even bother mentioning the accompanied quote in the essay. :mad1:

Hoping for a 12-16/20 in that section.

X-terc

HSC
N/A
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!

FAR OUT. At our school the students were refusing to do it and it dragged on to like 3 until we get to do our exams and got out at 6.30 pm

The most ridiculous thing ever. EVER.

They filled out a misadventure form for us as a group and we are going to appeal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)