SOR I - Section 3! YOUR THOUGHTS (1 Viewer)

Cloesd

HSC
1. A
2. C
3. C
4. B
5. C
6. D
7. B
8. B
9. C
10. B
Oh shit guys is 1) a?

I put down C. The "Implement TRADITIONAL aboriginal legal decisions" persuaded me.

For 2) I put down A instead of C too... I dunno i have this idea that any of the answers which even vaguely may be seen as an insult to aboriginals wouldn't be an answer, and to call their belief a Myth.... you guys are probably right... i dunno "expresses" the aboriginal dreaming...

and for question 9) i put down A instead of C... For the same reason... You don't wanna be insulting the religion in SOR exam, even by suggesting that their clumping together due to their failing numbers. (Also there wasn't a decline in the NUMBER of christian adherents in the population.
Gah... god damn multiple right answers.

Ora856

HSC
why would they have a question in there that takes ages to even decipher?!
if you look at the 2006 exam, they had the same format for section III...a lady who was supervising us said her daughters went through the same thing 3yrs ago! you would think they have learnt by now!
although, i must say, this is the first time i have been thankful about scaling!!! if this many students have complained about it, we would all be in the same boat....

i think we just have to move on now. english paper two tomorrow!!

sykes118

HSC
that was totaly messed up!!!
i didnt even know what it was trying to ask us.
i spent 5 min looking at the question trying to find something i'd missed.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
Oh shit guys is 1) a?

I put down C. The "Implement TRADITIONAL aboriginal legal decisions" persuaded me.

For 2) I put down A instead of C too... I dunno i have this idea that any of the answers which even vaguely may be seen as an insult to aboriginals wouldn't be an answer, and to call their belief a Myth.... you guys are probably right... i dunno "expresses" the aboriginal dreaming...

and for question 9) i put down A instead of C... For the same reason... You don't wanna be insulting the religion in SOR exam, even by suggesting that their clumping together due to their failing numbers. (Also there wasn't a decline in the NUMBER of christian adherents in the population.

ah don't worry i wasn't sure about them either, you could easily be right :)

Jay7

HSC
30% of the exam can be preliminary stufff...

BUT SECTION 3 WAS FRIKKIN 40%!
:bomb:

woo217

HSC
that last question was fuc*** i was expecting something about paul but no the board is too fuc*** to follow the syllubus was anyone else expecting something on paul?

Kid B

HSC
Oh shit guys is 1) a?

I did the same thing for question 2 and put A. Had a discussion with my teacher trying to claim that calling the Dreaming stories "myths and legends" was trivialising their faith. Don't think the markers will agree though.

For question 9 ur right. There wasnt a decline in numbers of Christians just perceptage of population.

swanprincess14

HSC
it wasn't a part of the syllabus... sounds like something out of two unit..... the BOS fucked up and personally i dont think there is a way they can really fix it. we may have spend the hours studying for english instead... it was total crap.

It wasn't even 2 unit. I do two unit, we got the same question (we all do christinity at our school) and everyone did totally different things.
I think I went really badly becasue I thought they couldnt possible be asking something about all three sections so I settled on sat/sun worship..the practice.
And now I wish I'd done some stuff on enviro ethics..I was going to..then I crossed it out :(
Damn my overthinking brain.
I hate the board of studies. They think they can play God. But they can't even for religion. Haha.

Cpt_Renegade

HSC
i did the most terrible thing in SOR (1unit). i fucking used islam is section 2 and was using it in section 3 until a women said "10 minutes left". and thats pretty much the time i remebered that you cant use the same religion in both sections, so i pretty much killed myself.

Cloesd

HSC
that last question was fuc*** i was expecting something about paul but no the board is too fuc*** to follow the syllubus was anyone else expecting something on paul?
I expected Paul too, but i dunno i liked this question, it was fresh, nevertheless it shouldn't have used a quote from the King James Bible that catered specifically to ONE practice while it devastatingly misled every other one.

I think what's happening to the Board of Studies is that due to people using past papers to revise/study their under pressure to try to keep every exam different from the past years ones, eventually they run out of content in the syllabus to keep asking for different things, and end up asking for something not entirely within the syllabus, as we saw today.

Expect this trend to become more profound in the coming years (or in the coming exams of this year :p)

Kid B

HSC
I dont know if anyones said this already but even though the quesiton wasnt drawn from the main syllabus part, in one of the outcomes it has...

H4: "describes and analyses how aspects of religious traditions are expressed by their adherents"

So thats where they pulled the Judaism question from. Dont know bout the others though. Didnt read them.

Captain A

HSC
N/A
well i had to convince myself to go sit for the exam.
so i guess i was lucky in that i just talked about bs in the last ques since thats all i knew, but turns out thats what most people did :)

GaziMonogue

HSC
"Analyse the rold played by the revelation though the prophet in the life of muslims"

First of all , this is extremely obscure as it may be define as many things
Your NEVer TOLD which F***ing Ethic to learn, but only to learn one ateast. so there is absolutely no way they could be implying a particular Ethic.
You could even argue that the revelation itself prooved angles exist and the supernatural has been witnessedm and then go on tlakin about what happened int he Cave of MT Hira. Woopdy doo .
I really wanna find out the name and place of this examiner and his qualifications, becuase he definitly dosnt know what his asking.
IF by revelation he is implying the Qu'ran itself. Then thats a F(*&ing dumb questoin becuase thats asking to have read the Qu'ran entirely and outline all the rules etc implied.
IF worded in anyway .. It should be - What change did Islam bring to pre-islamic Mecca.

I wanna know the name of the person who wrote this question. :chainsaw:

stepphhh

HSC
our exam was full of people crying, we had to delay it, i did the islamic one and forced in environmental ethics but only spoke about that not all my topics :S the syllabus said students are not to do Muhammad though so i dont get how a question can be based upon him analysing his role

AhiLL92

HSC
OMG it was rigged HARDOUT was bullshit all the questions!!! :chainsaw: like for christianity they gave a quote from the new king james version of the bible thats like one of the hardest versions of the bible to understand as well the quote had like NOTHING to do with the question!!! but yeah i wrote about Saturday/Sunday worship and common beliefs within christianity for that??

samtaclaus

HSC
The Islam question was clearly about ethics. The quote was specifically about guidance, and the question about its role in the life of adherents. Since any of the practices are single events, they clearly aren't something that could be considered a part of the 'life of Muslims', whereas ethics have a constant influence on their lives.
So basically, it was an ethics question, they just didn't specify the key terms. So it WAS from the syllabus. I guess you could talk about ethics AND the significant practice but I don't think that would have been necessary.

X-terc

HSC
N/A
x-terc, can you go into detial about what happened?
im intriguied.
on the grounds of what are you applying misadventure for?

p.s, does anyone have multiple choice answers, i was confused with q 9 and 10 esp
I'm in 2U, but it started out with the supervisors reading through our exams to check for the questions, we all flip to the back for the question and the greatest shock of our life. We were all getting quite weary, then one student stated that why is the question for Christianity so different/we havnt learn anything like that/teachers never told us etc etc

most were getting stressed out and they called our teachers to come have a look at the question, they called the board of studies and mind you we were ment to start at 1.55 did NOT start until 3.00pm

and BOS stated that they CANT do anything because there is a choice for that question, so do the other five options. The teachers also CANT do anything about it, and the teachers told us that they will fill out a misadventure form as a group for us...for the reason im not so sure yet, i'll get back with that tomorrow.

It could be our teachers stressed that whatever for Christianity was, bioethics/person/practice and ALL of us did an essay on christianity and had NO idea whatso ever with the other qt and it turned out that a retarded qt which stuffed everyone up.

Weird thing is, the 1 unit people did not complain nor realized it until the end of their exams. lol true story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)