SOR I - Section 3! YOUR THOUGHTS (2 Viewers)

cole-

HSC
N/A
i wasted 15 minutes trying to figure out if it was a trick question

100% for everyone please.

josh_22

HSC
for some of the religions it said refer to ethics, and for judaism the quote referred to the rules, is it not an ethical question?

anom1ly

HSC
my strategy going into section three was to write and memorise three essays, so that id be prepared for any question in the exams.

sigh. so much time wasted.

jet

Banned
HSC
Nah, Christianity asked to assess it as a living tradition in the life of its adherents - more significant practice-related, not ethics.

I did 6 pages on the Islam question, referring how the Qur'an and Hadith (both revelation through Muhammad) determined Islamic ethics and details of their daily lifes (prayer, Hajj etc.). It was pretty much a synthesis question, requiring you to draw together all your knowledge.

Last edited:

Clifford

HSC
I was all ready to raise my hand and tell the examiner there was something wrong with my paper.

WHATHEHAY?

I did Islam and babbled on about the Qur'an in general (very, very general) then pretty much my whole environmental ethics essay linking to the question + Hajj and how the 5 pillars which are from the Qur'an (I hope) are in it...

My personality was Khadjiah... wtf did she have to do with the lives of Musilms? URGH

I think they should just give us the assessment marks sent into the BOS. Is there any chance of that?

(by the way, multiple choice was semi-screwy too - interfaith question much?)

lemony

HSC
I truly had no idea about Christianity. I just wrote 4 pages on Sat/Sun worship, and hoped it would fit. I can't believe how vague it was.

bekkkki

HSC
yeah..was bullshit
i wrote about islam environmental ethics?

Leash157

HSC
That exam was great!! Pretty sure i smashed it, expecting band 6 easily. Good afternoon overall.

Justplainbored

HSC
although it was def not what anyone had expected or prepared for, it was a really general question esp for christianity
:somethin about

assess christianity as a living religious tradition in its adherents refering to a quote from luke.

i managed to throw in facts about martin luther, environmental ethics and marriage into how christian adherents view christianity today and why they may not actively participate in its traditions etc. jus rambled really

but god i hope it was what they wanted. i rly need to make up for english the other day!!

spauka

HSC
Ok..., im just wondering, since most people wrote COMPLETELY different things for the essay... how are they gonna mark it.

steffy123

HSC
There goes my 1 unit backup...

my answer was as bullshit as the question was

Danmiff

HSC
yeh i focused on ethics on for the islam one
how revelation influenced shariah, and how that influenced life of adherent
and then i had examples of homosexuality and contraception

i thought that was alright at the time...

joan-rae

HSC
that was quite a difficult Islam question..
everyone @ my school had difficulty with it as well. LOL

josh_22

HSC
although it was def not what anyone had expected or prepared for, it was a really general question esp for christianity
:somethin about

assess christianity as a living religious tradition in its adherents refering to a quote from luke.

i managed to throw in facts about martin luther, environmental ethics and marriage into how christian adherents view christianity today and why they may not actively participate in its traditions etc. jus rambled really

but god i hope it was what they wanted. i rly need to make up for english the other day!!
your a gun mate, maybe consider joining a seminary or something??

raniaaa

:)
HSC
okay seriously what the @%$#?!?!!?
i mentioned jack all from the syllabus and wrote everything based on what i know (as a christian).
i answered the question well though, just nothing from the syllabus =/ although i wrote a bit on baptism so all my study wouldn't go completely to waste.
but seriously... :(

meljade

HSC
was ridiculous. are they actually allowed to ask us that much from preliminary? because thats where its from...

Shoom

HSC
N/A
So for Christianity section three, I only wrote about St Francis, I related him to the last part of the quote.

Does that mean I get 0 now?

TheGodfather

HSC
My older sister always told me "if you get into the SOR exam and have no idea what the fuck to write, just write the 'Hail Mary' and 'The Lords prayer' and hope that the markers will you give you something.

i was deadset considering doing this when i read the question lol.

Then remembered the Art of Bullshitting.

2 pages of complete utter bullshit, it was the best piece of bullshit ive ever written :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)