• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sport Trivia (3 Viewers)

HSC
In the water

* Swimming
* Triathlon is usually a combination of swimming, cycling and running
* Modern pentathlon includes epee fencing, pistol shooting, swimming, a show jumping course on horseback, and a cross-country run.
* Rescue swimming is swimming with the goal to rescue other swimmers or the practice thereof
* Surf lifesaving is a competitive sport which evolved from the training activities of lifeguards at Australian surf beaches
* Water polo is a team ball sport played in water.
* Synchronized swimming is a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and ballet.
* Fin swimming is swimming with fins
* Water aerobics is aerobics in the water
* Water gymnastics is gymnastics in the water
* Snorkeling is the practice of swimming at the surface (typically of the sea) being equipped with a mask and a short tube called a snorkel.
* Diving off springboards or off platforms
* A water slide is a slide with water flowing down it
* Synchronized diving

[edit]

Under water

* Diving under water
* Scuba diving is swimming under water using a (self contained) breathing apparatus
* Free-diving is the aim to maximize the depth dived using no breathing apparatus
* Apnea is the practice of not breathing for extended times.
* Underwater rugby is rugby played under water with a ball that has been rendered neutrally buoyant. Breathing is done through a snorkel, and tackling is only allowed if you have the ball or are tackling the one holding it.
* Underwater hockey is hockey played under water with short wooden curved sticks and a heavy puck. Players wear diving masks, snorkels, and fins, and must surface to breathe while team mates continue the game on the pool bottom.
* Underwater photography is photography done under water. Numerous contests locally and worldwide are arranged every year. The digital cameras have revolutionized how many divers participate in UW-photography.

[edit]

On the water

* Boating is the use of boats
* Bodyboarding is similar to surfing, but the board is smaller and the person (normally) lies down on the board
* Canoeing
* Canoe Polo is polo using a canoe.
* Dragon Boat Racing is a team paddling sport on water
* Fishing is the recreation and sport of catching fish
* Hydroplane racing
* Jet sprint boat racing
* Kayaking
* Kite surfing on flat water using a kite for propulsion
* Motor boating
* Offshore powerboat racing
* Outrigger Canoe racing
* Parasailing where a person is towed behind a vehicle (usually a boat) while attached to a parachute
* Rafting
* Rowing propels a boat by means of oars
* Sailing using the wind for propulsion
* Surfing downhill on waves
* Splash Padding games on zero depth Splash Pad
* Tubing down a river or behind a boat
* Wakeboarding is similar to water skiing, but using only one board attached to the feet
* Wake skating is similar to wakeboarding, but the board is NOT attached to the feet
* Water skiing is using skis to slide over the water while being pulled by a boat or other device
* Windsurfing on flat water using wind for propulsion in combination with sails

[edit]

nedzelic

HSC
lol
how about sleeping?
wanking?
hot dog eating?
education?
surviving?

HSC
Was it in one of the Guiness World Records books? If so, what year? It wasn't a really, really old edition was it? Lol, its probably some really old sport we've never heard of...

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I cant believe it. I couldnt find the answer in that list.

Clue: it involves fishes, rods and line. *waits for debate*

HSC
By your logic and guinness' logic fishing would be classified like running.

Only sport fishing where different catches are weighed, time limits used etc. could be classified as a sport, and it would definitely not be the most participative.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Hm well yeah Guiness just wantz to confuse the world.

Don't think my Q will get answered. :rolleyes:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
RanyofuKenyan? said:
What was your question LMF^^? And it better not be shit.
Go back like 2 pagez.

Well it waz 3

Here it iz:

Who was the most recent male golfer to be the youngest in the top 10 other than Tiger Woods?

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Well as it is not based on offical figures ie registration, then it is based on estimates. It takes track running and other associated running's figures without probably counting every African kid that does it. It may well be the real answer, but you can argue till you are black and blue in the face, fishing was deemed the answer. Come to think of it, it would be close anyways.

I just thought it was a good question to stimulate debate...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Well as it is not based on offical figures ie registration, then it is based on estimates. It takes track running and other associated running's figures without probably counting every African kid that does it. It may well be the real answer, but you can argue till you are black and blue in the face, fishing was deemed the answer. Come to think of it, it would be close anyways.

Nah I don't think itz anywhere near the real answer, think of the ppl in Asia and Africa, many of em can't even afford fishin equipment.

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:

Sport fishing or recreational fishing?

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:

Hahaha, i can't believe that its fishing!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)