Status
Not open for further replies.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Captin gay said:
which one is ruchir involved in
NOW! and International Students NOW!

(It's really embarassing writing these stupid ticket names.)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
We had teh lecture bash in teh education tis morning, and there were two ppls from different groups. Kate from the competent group was there, and the Indian lady from the radical group spoke after her, and began insulting the Kate lady when she left. 'Twas quite funny.

I DEMAND A LECTURE BASH FROM YOUR UNION CANDIDATE JUSTIN SIMON!

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Sexy photo of Justin Simon in Honi Soit...not that it influences my vote, of course.
Yeah I know eh? I liked the union election poster pics better. :eek:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
withoutaface said:
SRC ticket is Josh, Ben, Abi, Myself, Sonia, Sasha, and so forth, but you can vote below the line if you have issues with that, I suppose. :)

Neb: Which photo was it? I couldn't find any decent ones I wanted in the Honi so got the guy who was submitting noms online to find one...
I'm still unimpressed that I'm not on that ticket. *mutter*

However, not a bad flyer for Josh. Could have been done SLIGHTLY more professionally and maybe used a different photo but.. not bad :) I like the SHOUT! logo muchly.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Do curries always just vote for other curries because they're curries? :D
not really, but it's kind of surreal that some fob guy got into a high place at USyd so I would vote for him mainly for the lulz and also to continue the absurdity :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm, reasonable policies, tho i wouldnt vote for you guys for honi

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol i had so many people asking me to be on their tickets

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
townie said:
hmm, reasonable policies, tho i wouldnt vote for you guys for honi
I wouldn't vote for us for honi either. If you want a 24 page newspaper every week of just plain text written by myself and Nolan about Zionists go right ahead, otherwise vote Ink for honi.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
withoutaface said:
I wouldn't vote for us for honi either. If you want a 24 page newspaper every week of just plain text written by myself and Nolan about Zionists go right ahead, otherwise vote Ink for honi.
yeh, i was thinking ink for honi

so justin, can u promise ur president wont go all ideological? if he's really in it for students, i can see myself voting for him. i cant if he's going to just turn into a typical student politician and just bagging out the other side of politics

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Josh is someone who's been a somewhat inactive club member (attended a few meetings this year), but came to us not because he's incredibly right wing (he's slightly right of centre on economic issues, social issues could go either way), but because he was sick of the politically charged (and often anti-semitic) garbage that the SRC's been spending its money on and so wanted to run. We could've put someone up who's more ideologically pure/has done more with the club/etc, but I genuinely think Josh gives a shit, which in the end is more important.

To be honest though I wouldn't be pinning your hopes on us getting more than 20% of the vote, so no chance at president...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
bah, they should reform the system, make the position of president titular but elected by students, and the USYD senate should elect the (hopefully independant) General Secretary to be the one actually making sure things happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)