SRC Elections 2005 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sorry, ujuphleg, but I thought that it would be best to respond to this, even though you managed to get the thread back on track.
grk_styl said:
edit: generator, ive never shown my stance on why i follow the Liberal party, so i don't see how it's mindless

Ah, that's the point; you haven't explained your stance as yet and all that we have to go by is a few posts noting how you'd like a 'hot' Liberal candidate, how you'd love an SRC led by the Liberals and that most students who happen to follow left to slightly left of centre political groupings do so in order to appear cool. Now tell me, what are we meant to think when you make sweeping generalistions and continually fail to elaborate upon your stance? Edit: That you support VSU was noted, but that's not really a hard Liberal policy as such (well, it is, but not all support it to the extent of Nelson).

For the record, political debates only fail when people such as yourself choose to remain mute rather than be involved and debate the issues at hand. It shouldn't matter whether the arguments are circular or whether your opponents disagree, because an open exchange of ideas is something that should be welcomed, not derided. I for one would much rather know what it is that you think and reach an argumentative stalemate rather than act on what little information is available and be a presumptuous fool. You may not mind ignorance on the part of all involved, but it's something that I would love to avoid (if possible).

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Generator said:
Sorry, ujuphleg, but I thought that it would be best to respond to this, even though you managed to get the thread back on track.

Ah, that's the point; you haven't explained your stance as yet and all that we have to go by is a few posts noting how you'd like a 'hot' Liberal candidate, how you'd love an SRC led by the Liberals and that most students who happen to follow left to slightly left of centre political groupings do so in order to appear cool. Now tell me, what are we meant to think when you make sweeping generalistions and continually fail to elaborate upon your stance? Edit: That you support VSU was noted, but that's not really a hard Liberal policy as such (well, it is, but not all support it to the extent of Nelson).

For the record, political debates only fail when people such as yourself choose to remain mute rather than be involved and debate the issues at hand. It shouldn't matter whether the arguments are circular or whether your opponents disagree, because an open exchange of ideas is something that should be welcomed, not derided. I for one would much rather know what it is that you think and reach an argumentative stalemate rather than act on what little information is available and be a presumptuous fool. You may not mind ignorance on the part of all involved, but it's something that I would love to avoid (if possible).

<3 gen. vote #1 gen4mod.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wikiwiki said:
can someone who is not quah tell me what his policies are in 5 lines or less?
i'll tell you his policies in one drawing or less.

gerhard

HSC
pro-lifer who wants lessen the power of womens groups at usyd by removing the position of womens officer - believes this will lead to 'equality'.
has delusions of granduer. probably doesnt realise that way more people are going to voke for joke canditate than will vote for him.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Apparently along with the SRC elections there's also going to be a ballot to vote on VSU. I must urge anyone who's not going to be voting in the regular one to at least grab the VSU one and write a big fat YES down.

gerhard

HSC
the union/src/whoever must be confident that way more people are against vsu than support it. i mean, if it backfires, they are fucked.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It won't backfire because most people voting in the SRC elections will be the lefties who support what the SRC does, but it would be nice to see a percentage of 20-30%+ among those who vote.

gerhard

HSC
so you are resigned to the fact that choice doesnt have much of a chance (for SRC prez anyway)?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gerhard said:
so you are resigned to the fact that choice doesnt have much of a chance (for SRC prez anyway)?
Nick Wood will get up no problems whatsoever, and Choice and its affiliated tickets will perhaps get 10 seats on the council and maybe 1 NUS representative.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
waffy, I saw you postering on Eastern this morning :)

SportsGal said:
Vote [1] Don't Vote At All!!!
I'm not sure about this. Although I am now very disillusioned with the petty state of student politics, I don't think that not voting helps us at all. After all, like it or lump it, they are our representatives, so time should be taken to pick someone who at least represents some of our beliefs and vote for them.

Having said that, the democratic process doesn't usually work anyway, so maybe I'm just being ultra näive.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
myg0t said:
man that kid couldn't hurt a fly
he came up to me in wentworth the other day and started talking, talked over us in a conversation then went 'oh sorry, did i interrupt?'

i then proceeded to drill him with questions about what happens if people actually dont mind or want VSU, and he kept blurting out the same pre-prepared statements in slightly differing forms.

gerhard

HSC
011 said:
he came up to me in wentworth the other day and started talking, talked over us in a conversation then went 'oh sorry, did i interrupt?'

i then proceeded to drill him with questions about what happens if people actually dont mind or want VSU, and he kept blurting out the same pre-prepared statements in slightly differing forms.
sounds like he'll be a good political representative then.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
gerhard said:
sounds like he'll be a good political representative then.
In the opinion of my colleague Naomi (OnCampus RESOLVE), he "spends too much time putting on his makeup to worry about student issues". She's absolutely right.

Also, the Electoral Legal Arbiter has allowed me to resume my campaign after a verdict in my favour at the hearing today. So without further ado, may I present the first two in our series of Lecture Videos:

http://www.thesensiblechoice.com/media/index.html
(updated link)

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Phanatical said:
In the opinion of my colleague Naomi (OnCampus RESOLVE), he "spends too much time putting on his makeup to worry about student issues". She's absolutely right.

Also, the Electoral Legal Arbiter has allowed me to resume my campaign after a verdict in my favour at the hearing today. So without further ado, may I present the first two in our series of Lecture Videos:

http://www.andrewquah.com/video1.wmv
http://www.andrewquah.com/video2.wmv
as much as id hate to admit it, that was really good

gerhard

HSC
appearance does play a huge roll in voting though.

you really should take a more flattering picture of yourself quah.

Last edited:

gerhard

HSC
what did they do?

keep left is different from action(nick wood) anyway.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wikiwiki said:
Was anybody else at the Int Bus & Politics lecture today?

The actions of Keep Left were absolutely irresponsible. They were abusive and stepped well beyond the line of acceptable electoral behaviour.

Their actions have ensured my vote for the Liberal candidates.
AHAHAH! YES!
That was absolutely hillarious
5% of students are queer.
100% of students pay for them.

Then that call by the lefty chick
"at least my parents aren't from the north shore"
and then she was so proud of that call. except she didnt realise that face she made, made her look even uglier than she was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)