HSC
stazi said:
AHAHAH! YES!
That was absolutely hillarious
5% of students are queer.
100% of students pay for them.

Then that call by the lefty chick
"at least my parents aren't from the north shore"
and then she was so proud of that call. except she didnt realise that face she made, made her look even uglier than she was before.

That was the highlight of my day...that chick was the ugliest mole i have ever seen.

The best part of that was when she said "these people in yellow shirts actually like John Howard" and everyone starting randomly cheering.

I can't understand why you didn't like the video withoutaface - it was to the point.

Im still waiting for Quah AKA Shrek to show his ugly face in my lecture...or is he too busy playing his violin?

It was also quite ironic when they played that video again in Metrics lecture infront of Goodhew haha...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
People who vote on the basis of good looks DESERVE their representatives, bullshit and all.

I don't come to the table with good looks. Instead, I offer sensible and comprehensive policy designed to complement the work of the other tickets (especially Choice) in offering greater options and services for students, while minimising (if not completely eliminating) the burden of paying for said options and services. My focus as a candidate is to improve services for Affiliates, and to address my personal areas of concern (the SRC's focus on politically stupid issues, and student health and wellbeing). I am working with candidates from other tickets to offer these sensible choices, and together we are offering comprehensive policy that will Guarantee the survival of the SRC.

If you want me to lecture bash at Your lectures, you let me know where and when, and either myself or one of my staff will Try to come.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
oh fucking hell. i finally miss a govt lecture and something good happens. story of my life. :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Phanatical said:
People who vote on the basis of good looks DESERVE their representatives, bullshit and all.

I don't come to the table with good looks. Instead, I offer sensible and comprehensive policy designed to complement the work of the other tickets (especially Choice) in offering greater options and services for students, while minimising (if not completely eliminating) the burden of paying for said options and services. My focus as a candidate is to improve services for Affiliates, and to address my personal areas of concern (the SRC's focus on politically stupid issues, and student health and wellbeing). I am working with candidates from other tickets to offer these sensible choices, and together we are offering comprehensive policy that will Guarantee the survival of the SRC.

If you want me to lecture bash at Your lectures, you let me know where and when, and either myself or one of my staff will Try to come.
Ok, Thursday 12pm Government lecture. I'd actually be interested in seeing what you say. I would like it if you, not your reps came. I hate people who use their reps

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
stazi said:
Ok, Thursday 12pm Government lecture. I'd actually be interested in seeing what you say. I would like it if you, not your reps came. I hate people who use their reps

I second this Quahface. Infact, there will be a number of BOSters at that lecture. And you can have bonus points if you get into an argument, and then defeat anyone else who is trying to run (extra bonus points for fisty cuffs).

Plebeian

Quah said:
Quah, if you're going to try to assume some moral high ground here, you should probably superficial remarks like:

Quah said:
In the opinion of my colleague Naomi (OnCampus RESOLVE), he "spends too much time putting on his makeup to worry about student issues". She's absolutely right.
Also, anyone who watched the video should know that the issue with Falun Gong is very much more complicated than Quah makes it out to be. The Wikipedia article about Falun Gong reveals the extensive persecution they have suffered; his claim that they are an evil cult is not made any more true by the fact that he has been ranting about for months. Additionally, he tries to turn everything that students do wrong into some sort of indictment of Action, when this could not be further from the truth - the people that got into trouble with police were from Keep Left. Action is who you can rely on if you want sensible policy, avoiding both the "destroy everything student organisations stand for" approach of the Liberals (aka Choice), as well as the "turn university into a commune" ideas of Keep Left.

gerhard

HSC
hey quah, you should come to my womens studies lecture

wed 11 o clock
in the quad lecture room n205

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Wow... talk about a monster thread!

Just out of interest - how many people have heard of "Spark"?

I'll be upfront - I'm running on the Spark Media ticket.

According to IdMedia (digest.idmedia.org.au) - they're looking like the darkhorses for the campaign.

And on a side note - the Liberals (Choice) are, at least according to that ridiculous video, clearly the homophobic CHOICE.

gerhard

HSC
I quite like Go!!! personally.

Good policies. Left wing but not too ideologically motivated.

They seem pretty well connected too - pretty much every other party says to vote Go!!! #2 for SRC&NUS. I wonder how they managed to do it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I-Jester said:
Wow... talk about a monster thread!

Just out of interest - how many people have heard of "Spark"?

I'll be upfront - I'm running on the Spark Media ticket.

According to IdMedia (digest.idmedia.org.au) - they're looking like the darkhorses for the campaign.

And on a side note - the Liberals (Choice) are, at least according to that ridiculous video, clearly the homophobic CHOICE.
hahah spark were shit.
they came to that govt lecture. there was that really exciting choice vs keep left *dykes* debate. then the two parties left. suddenly some annoying chick comes out and talks really quitely. everyone laughed at her.
you guys need to get some charisma on your team .

sarevok

HSC
ahahaha, spark are almost as lame as that quah guy

anyone see rose jackson going through merewether today tearing down all the choice posters off the bulletin boards? what a cow...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
If they're ripping down posters, please try to get photographs. It's enough to get them disqualified.

gerhard

HSC
if action were disqualified then keep left would win.
and no one wants keep left to win.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
myg0t: I love the video, what made you think I didn't?

Techie: Action is a vote for an SRC which will collapse due to noone wanting to join because it is using the money of the many to support the interests of few.

Also note that some of the Communist posters don't have authorisation down the bottom, so if anyone wants to tear these down they are quite welcome to.

gerhard: action being disqualified would mean keep left would win, yes, but Choice would probably also pick up at least 15 seats on the SRC.

Last edited:

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
The elections hit cumberland today...the guy who talked in our lecture this morning was pretty good... would like to know what the others have to say (although i think they will all promise to upgrade facilities at cumberland) he was good looking too i just dont know his name :p
And ANdrew Quah has writing everywhere on the ground.....maybe a bit tatty cos they are half done and they are painted on

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I will attempt to attend as many lectures between now and the election as I possibly can. Unfortunately, being a Con student combined with the fact I have an exam AND a concert on Thursday means that my time is severely limited.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everybody that there will be a new music concert at 12:30pm on Thursday, in the Old Darlington School. I will be premiering a new work, but perhaps more significantly, a new work by Naomi Barber will also be premiered, in which I (Andrew Quah, candidate for President) am featured. I, and the Arts Music unit would be most appreciative if you guys could come down and support your fellow students in their creative endeavours.

So those details again:

The Arts Music Unit, Sydney Conservatorium of Music
and the Sydney Eclectic Composers Society present

secs|ConcertSeason2005
Politics in Music

This Thursday 12:30pm
Old Darlington School, University of Sydney
Admission Free

Including the premiere of Andrew Quah's "Suite da Camera Melodrammatico", and the premiere of Naomi Barber's "Resolve!"

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Katie123 said:
The elections hit cumberland today...the guy who talked in our lecture this morning was pretty good... would like to know what the others have to say (although i think they will all promise to upgrade facilities at cumberland) he was good looking too i just dont know his name :p
And ANdrew Quah has writing everywhere on the ground.....maybe a bit tatty cos they are half done and they are painted on
We went to the effort to let Cumberland campus know that RESOLVE supports them. As affiliate campus students ourselves, we have a unique understanding of the issues facing students away from the main campus, and from what we've been told by your representatives, they are serious issues that the SRC has continued to neglect.

Promises to upgrade facilities are one thing - but we all know that they will never deliver as affiliate students are not the priority of our representatives. RESOLVE are committed to actually improving SRC services at Cumberland and the other affiliates, by enshrining in the SRC constitution a requirement that the SRC President (at least) will spend at least one full day a week at an affiliate campus consulting with staff and students to provide a truly comprehensive and sensible service.

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
gerhard said:
if action were disqualified then keep left would win.
and no one wants keep left to win.
Agreed, not even me. Fucking hippies. Id be honoured if Rose Jackson ripped down my poster. Mmm Rose. *drools*

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i'll vote for whoever i haven't heard of on the form
that means they didn't fukn waste my time eating into lecture times with stupid videos and didn't tarnish the uni with a million faggot photos of themselves, (which of course they won't take down after the elections)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)