TeenageTragedyx

HSC
I have an SRP to produce and I need help! Any ideas..??:spzz:

(i know this was already a thread)

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I did my SRP on the effectiveness and comparison of cheap and expensive batteries (always was interested to know) was a disaster, left to the last minute, don't remind me.

What topics interest you? Anything you have always wanted to compare or research?

TeenageTragedyx

HSC
I did my SRP on the effectiveness and comparison of cheap and expensive batteries (always was interested to know) was a disaster, left to the last minute, don't remind me.

What topics interest you? Anything you have always wanted to compare or research?
I think I am going to do what is the healthiest/unhealthiest softdrinks. Sounds pretty odd but it intrests me.. because I drink that stuff :spzz:

I dont want to do something about plants because it will be pretty boring.. :sleep:

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I think I am going to do what is the healthiest/unhealthiest softdrinks. Sounds pretty odd but it intrests me.. because I drink that stuff :spzz:

I dont want to do something about plants because it will be pretty boring.. :sleep:
Make sure you know how you will be able to test and compare it :)

Good luck sounds good :)

HSC
Uni Grad
I did levels of acidity in different fruits or something like that, easy enough, got full marks or very near (A+).

TeenageTragedyx

HSC
ahhh great. I asked my teacher if i could do that for my srp and he said it is too broad and I can easily find out the answers by looking at the back of the can... Ughhh, thats one idea down the drain :(

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
ahhh great. I asked my teacher if i could do that for my srp and he said it is too broad and I can easily find out the answers by looking at the back of the can... Ughhh, thats one idea down the drain :(
ahh boo. ask him for other ideas that are more specific

zxreth

HSC
i did: does age have any affect on how people taste salt?

Holly M

HSC
I did mine on pH indicators.... it was very unscientific and i literally did it all the night before. Still got over 80%. Don't ask me, wish i could help more!

Try these...
Science Fair Project Ideas, Answers, & Tools (<--- Has a quiz to tailor the suggestions)
Hundreds of Science Fair Projects For Students

My teahcer suggested both these sites, i found they were a bit hit and miss with their suggestions, but they might help you get a basic idea. Well i couldn't find an idea on there for me, but that's juts me, i wish you luck with it!

My friend did his on potatoes. He grew potatoes and played different genres of music to them as they grew and compared the result. Thing is he did it at the last minute and simply got a whole bunch of mature, bought potatoes photographed them and labelled them "Trance Potato", "Classical Potato" etc. It was quite funny. Don't know what mark he got.

Last edited:

ilikebeeef

HSC
Since both Viva and Handee claimed on TV that they were the most absorbent towel brand, I did "Which kitchen towel brand is the most absorbent?"

Viva was the winner by far.

HSC
I did mine all last minute took bullshit photographs instead of pots i used tupaware containers and soil from the ground no potting mix shit and put it under a running shower to make it look like it was raining haha. Got great marks cos the teacher loved me and I did it on "Which decomposes faster eyeliner or lipliner" haha

ilikebeeef

HSC
I did mine all last minute took bullshit photographs instead of pots i used tupaware containers and soil from the ground no potting mix shit and put it under a running shower to make it look like it was raining haha. Got great marks cos the teacher loved me and I did it on "Which decomposes faster eyeliner or lipliner" haha
Lololol

TeenageTragedyx

HSC
Great.. now ironically I am caught up in two ideas for my srp and i dont know which one to choose.

1) Making coloured shadows (physics)
&
2) pH indicator made out of cabbage (chemistry)

Taking into account I would like my project to win an award if possible. Any advice on what to do?? or how to get my project noticed??

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Great.. now ironically I am caught up in two ideas for my srp and i dont know which one to choose.

&

Taking into account I would like my project to win an award if possible. Any advice on what to do?? or how to get my project noticed??
Colour shadows personally

Are you referring to an internal school award or external award?

heidixo

HSC
I did my SRP on "how soil changes with depth?" It was categorised as a 'hard' earth an enviromental experiment but I found it quite easy. I can't really give you any advice for the SRP but to choose something you like, have the resources to do and do well and that will fit into your weekly timetable. If you've got a lot of other stuff (work, training etc) on during the week, don't choose something that is going to require constant work, choose an experiment that can be conducted over one weekend or something. Good luck! :)

ilikebeeef

HSC

&

Do coloured shadows. The cabbage one is a Year 12 experiment, not that special really.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
LOL i did mine in an hour. I got full marks as well. I was testing what affects the freezing rate of ice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)