Stuck with the same subjects till the end, any regrets? (1 Viewer)

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
If you pick up extension 2 maths, then you will not have to sit for the 2 unit maths paper, which means that you would have only 10 units for your HSC if you went ahead with dropping pdhpe. Without dropping pdhpe, you would have 12 units in your HSC year. As for your question, it would depend on whether you are able to cope with the workload of 13 units. If you can, then it isn't too much, but if you could not cope with it, then it would be too much.
isnt it still 4 units of maths tho? the way its been explained to me, is that extension 1 hsc gets scaled to 100 marks, and extension 2 gets scaled to 100 marks, making 200 marks (4 units)...

kapitanvicki

HSC
I cannot stop regretting. WHY WHY WHY didn't I pick Modern History (or Ancient). Instead I picked subjects like Maths Ext I or Chemistry (which is interesting, but...)

Anyway I'm currently doing:
English Adv
Maths Adv
Economics
Business Studies
Chemistry
English Ext
Maths Ext

May possibly drop one/two units next year and take up one more unit of English.

ForbiddenND

HSC
isnt it still 4 units of maths tho? the way its been explained to me, is that extension 1 hsc gets scaled to 100 marks, and extension 2 gets scaled to 100 marks, making 200 marks (4 units)...

hey just a quick question what if you do 4 unit and absolutely screw it up how would they count it in your UAI?

HSC
im happy with my current subjects :)
i wouldnt have chosen anything differently :)

allira92

HSC
i so wish i changed from sac to buisness we were allowed up until wk 8 to swap, at wk 3 i said it would get better, at wk 4, i felt it was too late work wise, week 6 i considered swapping wk 8 i wish i had swapped when i first disliked the subject right up until the friday of wk 8 i wished i swapped but it wud have been to hard to catch up...

HSC
i so wish i changed from sac to buisness we were allowed up until wk 8 to swap, at wk 3 i said it would get better, at wk 4, i felt it was too late work wise, week 6 i considered swapping wk 8 i wish i had swapped when i first disliked the subject right up until the friday of wk 8 i wished i swapped but it wud have been to hard to catch up...
i wish my school offered sac lol

HSC
^yeah ive had a look at the books & stuff & it sounds exactly like the type of subject id enjoy

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
Probably my favourite subject combination;

- English Advanced.
- English Extension 1.
- English Extension 2.
- Philosophy.
- Japanese Extension.
- Mathematics Extension 2.
- Mathematics Extension 1.
- Physics.
- Chemistry.
- Biology.

HSC
Probably my favourite subject combination;

- English Advanced.
- English Extension 1.
- English Extension 2.
- Philosophy.
- Japanese Extension.
- Mathematics Extension 2.
- Mathematics Extension 1.
- Physics.
- Chemistry.
- Biology.
:/ thats WAYYY too many units!!

pandaaMONIA

HSC
mm. I regret choosing Society & Culture, but I don't think it really counts, saying I plan to do this:

Preliminary:
Extension 1 English
Extension 1 Mathematics
Chemistry
Japanese
Society&Culture

HSC:
Extension 2 English
Extension 2 Mathematics
Japanese Extension
Chemistry

- It's so beautiful! :)
English is a passion, along side Japanese, so there's the reason behind that. Mathematics I enjoy doing, and is also hard, which links to Chemistry. Chemistry is so very inspiring and interesting, just have to work my ass off in it!.

Which I could do Philosophy, though. And also, would've chosen either Biology/French over Society&Culture. poo of a subject, i tell you!

illiterary

HSC
Should I pick Engineering Studies over Biology or not? Basically:

Bio: Teacher isn't the best, and I hate medicine with a passion (the stupid 'every smart curry kid does medicine in uni' stereotype that circulates in our community; also I hate biochemistry). Still in the top 10-ish out of 80, though.
Engineering: No idea about ranking/marks since our first assessment's in June, and I'm doing it through Sydney Distance Ed HS. Workload is also greater than Bio. HSC syllabus seems more tolerable than Bio, since I actually enjoy Physics (not the HSC course, though) and Chemistry.

Last edited:

allira92

HSC
mm. I regret choosing Society & Culture, but I don't think it really counts, saying I plan to do this:

Preliminary:
Extension 1 English
Extension 1 Mathematics
Chemistry
Japanese
Society&Culture

HSC:
Extension 2 English
Extension 2 Mathematics
Japanese Extension
Chemistry

- It's so beautiful! :)
English is a passion, along side Japanese, so there's the reason behind that. Mathematics I enjoy doing, and is also hard, which links to Chemistry. Chemistry is so very inspiring and interesting, just have to work my ass off in it!.

Which I could do Philosophy, though. And also, would've chosen either Biology/French over Society&Culture. poo of a subject, i tell you!
welcome, my friend, to the club

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
with the whole HSC system!, it can go down the drain!!!

but, business really does suck :/

HSC
Senior Science or as my friends and me call it Senor Science

i liked science last year, now i hate it! ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)